Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What a coincidence!
Tomorrow it will make 2 weeks since I started my first playtrough of God Hand.
It really is a great action game.
It's also ironic that one the reasons so many reviewers bombed it when it came out, was because the camera was supposedly awful and restricting (despite the fact it works very well for this game's combat). Jump to 2018, and the nu-God of War, which has a similar but truly awful and restricting camera (because it doesn't sit well with that game's combat) but no journos criticize it.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
IGN on dat piggyback.

The Merchants have become so powerful that even gaming journalism fears them

Also, I've been made aware that another YouTuber, Sseth, recently put up their own video defending God Hand, which is great! Yay, more people talking about God Hand. But honestly, it's a wild coincidence. This video was born as a personal passion project of mine weeks ago, and is kind of a continuation of a series started by Casey's video "In Defense of Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball."

:hmmm:

Shadenuat

Arcane
best heroes evar

sssseth did well pointing out my main gripe with modern games and how ugly they are. HoMM2 though ages as well as 2d animation vs 3d animation. its gems and genies are flawless

Shadenuat

Arcane
nevar forget

kissclipart-pattern-clipart-heroes-of-might-and-magic-iii-arco-c83ce3c077e896a0.png

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
/ out of 5

Dayyālu

Arcane
Lobotomy Corporation references. Seriously. (Amusingly enough, a game that would be worth reviewing but not playing).

Guy always delivers, at least.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Sseth wouldn't have so many problems with the campaign if he realized the speedrun power of the Barbarian and Sorceress castles with Ogre Alliance / Dwarf Alliance respectively. :P

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Win95 version plays a lot nicer (and smoother), but modern windows doesn't let you run 16bit games and applications anymore.
You can still run it just fine via Wine under Linux though, assuming 16bit support is enabled.

Aah, the horrors of the LDT (local descriptor table) syscall and segmented memory.
It got disabled in Windows (and Linux for a time) because of security issues discovered around 2013(?),
It never got fixed in the former (just dropped), and while the latter got a proper fix, I'm not sure if ALL distros enable it.

Endemic

Arcane
Isn't the Succession Wars mod in a finished state right now? You can make H3 look like H2 if you want.

It lacks many of the HoMM2 maps though, and needs some polishing. Still, it's worth playing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There wasn't an actual Heyheyhey video on SMAC right? Feels like missed opportunity SMAC being one of the most memetical strategy games of all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom