Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wytchsun: Elleros Origins - some sort of indie Bethesda competitor

ADL

Prophet
http://rampagegames.net

ABOUT THIS GAME
You are the only one who can stop the cataclysm from destroying the land of Elleros.

Every 400 years a cataclysm wipes out nearly all life in the land of Elleros. The last cataclysm was 399 years ago. This is the year everything changes.

Wytchsun brings to life a complete open world for you to explore in any way you choose. From exploring ancient caves to battling corrupted necromancers, Wytchsun enables you to play the way you choose.

The fate of the TriImperium hangs in the balance. Battle, Explore and Command: Choices define your experience, and even one decision can change the course of history in Elleros.

Terrible generic fantasy name? Check.
Terrible generic fantasy setting? Check.
Early Access? Check.
Unreal 4 marketplace assets? Check.
Windows 10 taskbar in your trailer? Check.
Looks like I'll be in for a good time.

Still, it's the only thing that looks remotely comparable to a Bethesda open world besides Kingdom Come Deliverance. Might be interesting but I'm alarmed by the prominence of the magical compass on the HUD and all the markers in the videos I've seen. I'll check and see if there's an over-reliance on UI elements to play the game properly or if the NPCs actually give you enough information to figure out where you're going. Even Zelda and Assassin's Creed are going in the direction of Morrowind and Gothic's exploration these days.

45 minutes of recent gameplay

Goes on sale in two hours as of this post. $24.99 release but 40% off the week of release on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wytchsun? Sounds like they are simultaneously trying to sound like Witcher and Kim Jong Un. Which made me think of the latter running around with 2 swords on his back.

Yosharian

Arcane
Has anyone actually watched the gameplay video? This 'game', if you can call it that, looks fucking awful. The sound effects alone sound like something a high school student might make for a school project. Delete this fucking thread.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
vMyrxTq.jpg

I guess they got the cuck quota right to compete with Bethesda.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This is actually the third release date they've missed.

I contacted the developer a month ago, and was left with the impression that it's a scam.

Last edited:
Some of those sound effects sound exactly like Skyrims... It looks like it could be incline, but it also looks like it could be a scam like others said. Let us see when it actually releases on is it any good or is it salvageable. Hopefully it contains no stolen assets.

Yosharian

Arcane
Some of those sound effects sound exactly like Skyrims... It looks like it could be incline, but it also looks like it could be a scam like others said. Let us see when it actually releases on is it any good or is it salvageable. Hopefully it contains no stolen assets.
Dude seriously... watch the video. It's pure garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom