Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sharpedge

Prophet
Thanks everyone! I definitely need to understand the basics of the system before I even attempt Challenging/Unfair.
I planned to go 1sorc->4dd-> EK with that char.
That sounds interesting, would you mind elaborating on this build?
If you are interested in playing Unfair, I made a list of builds which should work for solo unfair, as well as added information on how to complete the prologue with them here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f40affsJRPD4Ol2pr788BsBkhc4rsBVsgIfUXc5r1hQ/edit

Didn't really expand on what to do beyond the prologue, since I feel like people should play the game themselves, but finishing the prologue is something people complained a lot about so it is explained there. If anything in particular sparks your fancy I can expand on the level progression.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The changes in the beta look excellent and I really respect Owlcat for continuously working on the game instead of dropping it after a couple of patches. The "Mixed" review on Steam is undeserved but casuals gonna casual.
This attitude is retarded, the game still has problems and launched literally unfinished so it's not hard to see why people would have given it bad reviews
The game has been perfectly playable for months.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I ran off after getting a bug and decided to play until it's patched up. I want to try it once more, but I thought it'd be all fixed up by now. They're brining out an Enhanced Edition, though? WTF is this all about? I was about to redownload it until I read that. Are they revitalizing the graphics or something or is it just a name to fix all the shit that has been wrong with the game? It was launched unfinished. I this the real edition of the game like when Deadstate pulled this shit?

Xeon

Augur
Is there a way to revive companions in Varnhold's Lot? I checked the girl who sells equipment after asking her priest service and no revive scrolls of any kind, same thing with the mage scroll seller.

I am now at the cultist area and still no one who sells revive scrolls, kinda want to cheat and give my self a scroll or something if possible.

I think I am 2 levels away for my priest to have the spell, that's kinda long time.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think there are some Res scroll drops later in the actual final dungeon. But I think the stuffs are pretty limited so you might as well reload if you get someone killed pretty early.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have got to updated Kingdom Management in ch 2. Crisis points are even better than I expected - extra +5 to roll per point. Could help a lot with harmful high DC events in late chapters. But I still have no idea how to get more than starting 5. I have checked all starting buildings description but there is nothing new there.
No new items in starting assortment for city traders too.

eayd2Pr.jpg

Xeon

Augur
Is there a way to replenish or refill a wand? similar to BG selling and buying or something I mean.

Not really enjoying Vornhold's Lot that much, feels like a drag and not sure what with the arbitrary lack of stores, main game had stores with everything needed almost at any time even at end game.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
A bandit crit Tristan so hard that he was deleted from my game. As in, Tristan’s portrait disappeared from my party UI bar and his model vanished. I guess the bandit had the Blade of the Immortal.

Luckily, a reload fixed it.

Xeon

Augur
I think Tristian said he has similar ability to Linsi, where his goddess teleports him to a safe place.

Kinda weird since he said he lost touch with his goddess until his quest.

Tho that probably was Nyrssa or something maybe.

Xeon

Augur
Finished it but couldn't find the ghost who asked me to free her.

I found a room with Gargoyles and a gate I think but it was closed, one of the elders was there, but he just talked and left and nothing else.

Ruchy

Scholar
Is there a way to revive companions in Varnhold's Lot? I checked the girl who sells equipment after asking her priest service and no revive scrolls of any kind, same thing with the mage scroll seller.

I am now at the cultist area and still no one who sells revive scrolls, kinda want to cheat and give my self a scroll or something if possible.

I think I am 2 levels away for my priest to have the spell, that's kinda long time.

There are two merchants in town, the one that isn't the priest oddly enough sells res scrolls. Cheaper though to Hire another mercenary of similar skills as that is free.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there a way to replenish or refill a wand? similar to BG selling and buying or something I mean.

Not really enjoying Vornhold's Lot that much, feels like a drag and not sure what with the arbitrary lack of stores, main game had stores with everything needed almost at any time even at end game.
Nope. When you used them up they are done.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
With Craft Item mod you can craft your own wands with the appropriate feat, though (up to Spell level 4, I believe).
I use it for my supply of Lead Blades wands. Though I guess for a non-arcane caster the Mirror Image one would be really handy.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
That sounds interesting, would you mind elaborating on this build?
It's nothing special and I'm not even convinced it's particularily good.
Aasimar 18 STR, 16 DEX, 15 CHA (put level up points into CHA or +3 CHA and + 2 STR)
1 F Powerattack and Cleave this enables you to kill the mobs in the tutorial as I said
1 cha monk (gain CHA to AC, crane)
2 Paladin (Divine Hunter for free Precise Shot) this give you great saves, and one smite
1 Sorcerer
4 DD (+4 STR)
2 Sorc (needed to gain lvl3 spells)
9 EK

17 BAB so full attacks per round, go dazzling+shatter defenses, weapon focus great axe, arcane buffs, high AC, high saves, mirror image, up to lvl7 spells
The 1 level in two handed fighter is really a dead level. But what to do? If you start with monk you won't have a 2h weapon and can't pick cleave at lvl1. If you start with Paladin you only have 1 feat (so no cleave either) unless you go human but even then I don't know if you get a two handed weapon in the tutorial before that assassin group.

A build that worked well for me in Varnhold DLC.
1 cha monk
2 Divine Hunter
4 Eldritch Scoundrel (level up to ES17 or 16+1 vivi level), start with something like 19/16/14 in Dex, Int , CHA, DEX+CHA Aasimar

- uncanny dodge (pick it at level 4 ES)
- high AC (you actually start Varnhoild with protector robes if LG)
- high saves
- mirror image
- sneak dice, sense vitals etc
- eventually double debilitate, i.e. maxed out at -8AB, -8AC for your target, plus one more advanced talent like dispelling or crippling or improved evasion/uncanny if you want
Elven curve blade can be interesting for this character. If you ask me pretty much the best tank you could get at higher levels. Some people say ES is shit tier, but those ppl are dumb.
Of course how to make it legit thru the main game tutorial on unfair with that build is a completely different question.

Eldritch Scoundrel is a very tempting option for an archer build as well because unlike EA you have sneak dice and get to cast the wizard spell list so you will have spells like hurrican bow and sense vitals plus double debilitate.
EA2/ ES 16 + plus monk 1 (deflect arrows) + 1 vivi something like that.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Some other notes I saw for the TB mod.
  • Turn-Based Combat with HUD !!
  • The units will perform their round one by one.
  • Time will be paused during a unit's round, passing between rounds.
  • Moving will slowly increase the move action cooldown.
  • If a unit does not move more than 1.5s in one round, then the movement is free (5-foot step).
  • Any move action other than moving will increase the move action cooldown by 3s.
  • If the move action cooldown is greater than 0s (~1 move action), the unit can not perform any full-round action (including full attack).
  • If the move action cooldown is greater than 3s (~2 move action), the unit can not perform any move / standard action (other than moving).
  • There is a time bar on the HUD, indicating how much time (or action) remains in this round.
  • 6s in real life is considered to be one round, but time will not go on if the current unit is idle.
  • Standard action consumes half of the bar like one move action. Or should it be reversed. (but units can take only one standard action in a round)
  • This mod is supposed to use the following rule, you can move before, during, or after other actions, but there is not an additional "surprise round" (the units with lower initiative still can not make Attack Of Opportunity and lose their Dex bonus to AC before their first action, and the units with higher order doesn't lose their move action in the first round).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Owlcat's parent company, Mail.ru, is launching My.Games, the entity "all existing gaming operations" will be folded into. Also they're going to launch a global game platform: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ibution-space-with-launch-of-new-gaming-brand

What about Owlcat? FWIW "Studios" page at their website currently does not list Owlcat Games, listing only 11 studios out 13.

Mail.ru plans to enter digital distribution space with launch of new gaming brand
My.Games will continue work of parent company's gaming division in developing, publishing, and funding new titles

Russian internet giant Mail.ru today revealed its new gaming brand, My.Games, which includes plans to enter the international digital distribution space.

Founded in 2009, Mail.ru has grown to one of the biggest internet businesses in Russia, with games accounting for an increasingly large portion of revenue.

The My.Games announcement comes after a period of substantial growth from the Mail.ru gaming division which grossed over $100 million in Q1 2019.

In an email to GamesIndustry.biz, marketing director Elena Grigoryan revealed plans to capitalise on the company's success in Russia with the development of a new digital distribution platform.

"We have several exciting gaming projects that will grow My.Games," she said.

"Firstly, we have our own PC platform, Games.mail.ru, which is currently one of the most popular in Russia. We have more than 12.5 million active users per month, so are successfully competing with Steam.

"We are currently developing a new platform, specifically for the international market, which will be one of our top priorities for digital distribution. We'll be bringing these platforms closer together in the future.

"For Western developers, our platform is a gateway to reaching Russian gamers. And for local developers, it's a platform to get your game in front of a truly internationally.

Comprised of ten regional offices, 1,500 staff, and 13 developer studios, Mail.Ru will fold all existing gaming operations into the My.Games brand.

My.Games will develop, publish, and fund new titles such as Lost Ark, Conqueror's Blade, and the mobile release of Warface.

The launch of My.Games makes it one of the top 50 gaming companies in the world by revenue, based on data from AppAnnie, Superdata, and company financial reports.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom