Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Zanzoken

Arcane
Slow progression is one of the game's biggest flaws but two things I have found that really help the pace:

1) Take the Student perk first on all bros
2) Play on Beginner economy

It doesn't fix it completely but the grind is more tolerable when you get faster results.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, how's modding right now? What are the possibilities? Can we add new items/enemies/enemy types? New sprites? AFAIK people have managed to tweak some things, but can we actually introduce new stuff?

Tigranes

Arcane
I enjoy playing through the early/mid game, even if there's real flaws with how linear it is (arguably even with backgrounds). It's also not like it takes 10 or even 5 hours to get your bros up to mid-level.

There are times when losing an Ace Bro to a roll really feels shitty, but when I play on instead of reloading, I realise that you get over it pretty quickly, and it all becomes part of the story of your band. It actually wastes more time and energy to sit there griping about it and savescumming and restarting and such.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If anyone is looking for a nice 'Raider' start, try EGCCSPEPLD.

The starting raiders are good, especially with their relatively high MDEF, wich can keep them from beeing late-game Bros quite often, and the 'Neutral' faction has 9 settlements. (Can be a bit tricky to get there though...)

tindrli

Arcane
i just killed 10 bounty hunters. they tried to take a 2.6K head of a dude that i killed earlier.Also figured out that every bro should have a dagger maximizing chances of getting that big fat expensive armor from victims. its hard but once you have those daggers and think about getting that armor for free its its rewarding Lamellar armor it was in this case. and my bros were mostly lvl 5-6 fuck. GREAT GAME

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
YES. Daggers don't eat into your fat. Every meleebro must carry a dagger.

That's what Wars are for, you surround the last remaining named Leader with daggers, occupying every single spot around him (so that your allies can't fucking get in and stab him) and then Brutus him in the armpits.

vota DC

Augur
So, how's modding right now? What are the possibilities? Can we add new items/enemies/enemy types? New sprites? AFAIK people have managed to tweak some things, but can we actually introduce new stuff?
Also is newest expansion better than older with Legends mod?

Last edited:

Ensi

Educated
so there's a lot of bros building guides, do yall recommend any? I feel like I'm doing it wrong constantly and screwing myself for the endgame. I have a basic grasp of stuff but more detail would be nice.

tindrli

Arcane
so there's a lot of bros building guides, do yall recommend any? I feel like I'm doing it wrong constantly and screwing myself for the endgame. I have a basic grasp of stuff but more detail would be nice.
i never got to the end game. i have a problem with replacing bros midgame. still figuring out how the fuck can i fire or let to die my Bros that i was trying to keep alive for whole damn time!!!!!

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I've been using a similar whip bro, except mine is more focused on disarming(very high melee and stamina and it has rotation + footwork instead of berserk + killing frenzy). It's very op and particularly useful when trying to get famed items safely.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
bz-5cee8d1aebed1.png

Payd Shell

Arcane
I've been using a similar whip bro, except mine is more focused on disarming(very high melee and stamina and it has rotation + footwork instead of berserk + killing frenzy). It's very op and particularly useful when trying to get famed items safely.
Yeah, I'm not so sure if berserk + kf is the end all, be all. I don't know if you REALLY need it because crippling strikes + executioner may be better in many cases where you need high damage. Ancient undead are dangerous, but have no hp, so hammers/axes are the way to go. You can even split CS and Executioner between front and backline. Monolith might be tricky without the +damage and +AP but I myself have never really come that far.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Once again about daggering for armour: does it really work? Does the armour have to be completely untouched, or what? I just stabbed a raider to death using nothing but daggers, and apart from a single nick when he tried to flee, all attacks were of the armour-piercing variety. Yet I didn't get his armour. What gives?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think untouched is 100% chance to loot (or close to 100%) and then progressively less the more damaged it is, so you just got unlucky.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Yeah, I'm not so sure if berserk + kf is the end all, be all. I don't know if you REALLY need it because crippling strikes + executioner may be better in many cases where you need high damage. Ancient undead are dangerous, but have no hp, so hammers/axes are the way to go. You can even split CS and Executioner between front and backline. Monolith might be tricky without the +damage and +AP but I myself have never really come that far.

I was talking about my whip bro specifically. I use berserk + killing frenzy only on my AoE 2handers. IMO if you deal a lot of damage crippling strikes is irrelevant and killing frenzy is obviously a better choice than executioner in this case. I don't use them on my whip bro because like I said his purpose in life is to disarm and make people bleed ocasionally, so damage is not important.

Forgot to mention he has adrenaline too so he can disarm enemies before they can act. Tricky fella he is.

95262269DC61FC13C4E40818AA5D7B3186D48E7A

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
After doing 3 crises on my lonewolf seed, I think it's time I retire that run and start a new "main" campaign.

Also, the RNG on that seed was whacky and I could never get certain stuff like barbarian throwing weapons to drop; or scimitars at weaponsmiths, even after doing caravan runs and all that.

I think a nimble-only cultist run is in order.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom