Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Nostaljaded

Savant
P5R announcement during last month's Atlus live concert.

Besides sustaining developers for their creative works, fans support are on a higher different league, as compared to those who want to censor anything that irks their senses/due to fear of such mass repercussions.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Starting on hard without prior SMT/JRPG experience will likely lead to frustration as Joker will likely die once or twice during the first palace out of sheer bad luck, on top of deaths caused by unpreparedness.

So he dies once or twice. So what?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Starting on hard without prior SMT/JRPG experience will likely lead to frustration as Joker will likely die once or twice during the first palace out of sheer bad luck, on top of deaths caused by unpreparedness.

Without prior SMT/JRPG experience this is likely to happen on normal as well, if a bit later.
And while I get the easier difficulty curve argument, imo, the average player will hit an even harder wall on normal towards the end of the game than he would have if he had chosen hard from the beginning.

Puukko

Arcane
I was really just referring to casual players, I did a good half of the first palace twice due to dying pretty far in after the last save, so someone who isn't used to dealing with that might just drop the game there.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
When people say it is difficult they mean in the sense that you game over when you are ambushed, you game over when you encounter a new enemy that has instant death spells without having a persona that repels curse/bless on the main character, you game over when meeting a new boss and not having the right party members (say you have one that has a weakness vs the boss's element; the boss can 1-more you in 2 AoEs) etc.

You know, aweigh, you really are old enough not to butt into threads going "lol it's actually easy" - that's Gamefaqs behavior, like when one posts into every thread how Dark Souls is actually a baby game for children.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Persona in Hard is something like SMT in normal I think? Haven't played P5 yet but that's my impression with P3 and P4.

Starting on Hard is not really recommended because SMT and Persona punishes mistake if you don't really know the core mechanics. At least try to play the first 10 hours or so in Normal then restarting in Hard after you understand what is the core system of the game (namely One Press turn system, fusion, and Social Link).

When people say it is difficult they mean in the sense that you game over when you are ambushed, you game over when you encounter a new enemy that has instant death spells without having a persona that repels curse/bless on the main character, you game over when meeting a new boss and not having the right party members (say you have one that has a weakness vs the boss's element; the boss can 1-more you in 2 AoEs) etc.

You know, aweigh, you really are old enough not to butt into threads going "lol it's actually easy" - that's Gamefaqs behavior, like when one posts into every thread how Dark Souls is actually a baby game for children.

Anything is ezpz for Aweigh because his favorite games require at least 60 hours of trial and error or reading some guide for 6 hours to plan out shits

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i haven't played p5 far enough to encounter hard areas, so maybe it does get hard. it's not out of the realm of possibility. i've only done the kamoshida palace.

i was skeptical because no persona has ever been hard, that's all. they're designed to be as casual as possible, or at least the modern personas are.

(snow queen quest on p1 was legit very hard!)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can tell you are playing on "Normal". There's no shame in that, aweigh. Sure, we might make fun of you here and there, but it's all right, you're no less of a man.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's on hard. i already conceded that it's quite possible the game gets harder, what more do you want from me?

uwu uwu <(' '<)

GarlandExCon

Arcane
So the other day I was gifted an Elder Scrolls cookbook. It got me thinking "is there a Persona cookbook?" and there's not. This seems like a good idea.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
On the other hand, they are making Persona 5 funko pops.

I don't really get funko pops. I buy them to resell and I think I have 6 or 7 of them that were gifted or I really liked.

But these look pretty dope.

61EIW86sMqL._AC_UL320_.jpg
41w9nOCRcqL._AC_UL320_.jpg
61Yo5DVfvNL._AC_UL320_.jpg
51OB46J-hmL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Morgana is the only decent one I'd like to own.

Where's my kawakami funkopop body pillow sexbot atlus???

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It felt to me that normal is balanced on the mind that the player isn't able to consistently ambush enemies.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
aliens.png
aliens.png
aliens.png
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc...-a-multi-platform-series.122785/post-21801129

Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west. I don't want to overplay my hand, but I'm sure some insiders can easily confirm it.

I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.

A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.

Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.

I hope you know you’re going to have to prove this to mods.
No problem, I can. I wouldn't say it otherwise.

Puukko

Arcane
I've got to say, my opinion of P5 has soured a bit in hindsight. I did say after I beat it that it would take some time to put the game in perspective and what comes to mind now is that for how incredibly long the game was, I really didn't get that much done in all that time. It might be that I'm just filtering out all the time spent on the VN part in favor of the dungeons and combat which took up less than half of the game. That, and I've really got little interest in returning to it at all, whereas I originally wanted to fight the twins but also just wanted to finish the game by that point. I do wonder how they'll manage to squeeze in all the content without making it feel bloated.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm glad I beat Persona 5 before SMT IV, because I doubt I could've stomach it had I know how crappy the combat is in comparison.

Puukko

Arcane
I'm not sure I follow, I think P5's combat was absolutely fine and I really liked how the confidants tied into it. SMTIV's is comparatively simpler, and IVA's is just straight up better than IV's.

Readher

Savant
More Atlas games could be coming, too, but the ball is currently in Atlas's court. Catherine Classic saw the developer's surreal puzzle game come to PC for the first time in January, and it's performed well. Clark hopes it's just the first step.

"Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlas—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/sega-now-considers-yakuza-a-multi-platform-series/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom