Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

ArchAngel

Arcane
Isn't this expansion something for the phones? Why are people here excited?!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never finished SP3, campaign got killed by a game stopping bug in one of the missions near the end. I never bothered to replay it although I did enjoy what I played.
I just might check out the "trial" version of this stand alone expansion if the game is more stable at release than the last one.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
All I care about are the mechanical changes to the factions. Spellforce 1 & 2 were heavily flawed, but they had some of the most diverse and unique factions in the genre. Spellforce 3 factions are bland and generic as fuck.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't say SF1 had diverse factions, at least not the "good" races in the first campaign.

GreyViper

Prophet
Personally, I found 2n Spellforce the best, minus the bugs. Their version RPG/RTS hybrid was different compared to say WC3. I am curious if the expansion can bring that excitement back again.

ArchAngel

Arcane
All I care about are the mechanical changes to the factions. Spellforce 1 & 2 were heavily flawed, but they had some of the most diverse and unique factions in the genre. Spellforce 3 factions are bland and generic as fuck.
Is this expansion bringing such changes to the factions? I played a few skirmish matches vs AI, it was OKish. Played more like starcraft 2 that some classic RTS.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It gives me Warhammer-y vibes.

Let's hope it's not TOO similar.

KTDGdcO.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
First impressions after a few hours of the campaign and some skirmish matches.

• Beautiful menu music
  • They fixed the three biggest complaints with the gameplay. Factions are more diversified, resources are global, and heroes are no longer limited to several active abilities.
  • There are three new skill trees. Demonlogists, Druids, and Beguilers (bards). The old skill trees are modified as well.
  • You only get to choose two skill trees, but every combination has a unique synergy ability. That means there are 72 synergies in total.
  • There are dozens of UI and QoL improvements that I've noticed
  • The campaign has been stable and bug free so far.
  • There's now co-op and PvP matchmaking.
It's too early to comment on the quality of the main campaign, but for $15 it feels like a substantial improvement over Spellforce 3.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Another cool addition is that you can create custom party members in singleplayer. They don't even need to be human.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
What the hell? 10 minutes in and I wanna reinstall the game already? I don't even know why?

Bara

Arcane
Well thankfully Soul Harvest is playing a lot nicer in windows 10 than the original campaign did so I don't have to grab my older W7 computer.

Also, I think they're porting over the base Spellforce 3 campaign into Soul harvest? New solo game gives an option listed as coming soon.

Parabalus

Arcane
How are the bugs?

SF3 on release needed constant patching after the initial few hours, is this playable out of the box?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great to hear, kinda wish they would make a director's cut of the original campaign with those changes, they sound like a great improvement.

They might. When you start the game there is a tab for Spellforce 3 inside the game, but you can't press or play it yet. There is also a tab for another mysterious scenario.

Edit: Notice someone already pointed this out :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom