Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls - now available on PC

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
A staff member of GOG finally responded to a 35 page thread in their forum, that "emails sent directly to customer support regarding this topic have been taken care of" (whatever this means). But at least we know now, that they are not totally ignoring the topic.

Last edited:

newtmonkey

Arcane
It would be nice if GOG's customers convinced GOG to finally release some good old games for once instead of literal RPGMaker garbage or Indie shit, but at this point I honestly don't care. GOG today is a far cry from the awesome company that was putting out legit DOS classics and modern games designed with those ideals in mind. They are now like some shitty version of Humble Bundle curated by, who the fuck knows. Their decisions make no sense. Where is Grimoire on GOG? Not there, gotta go to Steam or some other service. Demise or Mordor? Nope, gotta go to Gamersgate for those. Swords & Sorcery - Underworld? Nope, gotta go to Steam for that.

How many times have we seen an indie dev who has grown up playing the DOS classics making a spiritual successor to [Wizardry/M&M/blah blah] and when he's asked about a GOG release, he replies, "well, unfortunately GOG turned us down because we are too niche."

Fear not though, GOG has an extensive library of mobile ports and indie garbage, like The Swords of Ditto (rated 3/5 stars from GOG users who typically give 5 stars or don't even bother rating the game) or Slime-san Superslime Edition (which looks like it was designed in Gamemaker Studio and has a single 4/5 review complaining that the game is missing features from other services [!!!!!!]).

newtmonkey

Arcane
aweigh
Mordor: Sadly no. I have it running on a Winxp virtual machine.
Demise: I forgot haha. I also have it running on a Winxp virtual machine, but I am pretty sure it can run on Win 10.

I prefer Mordor to Demise about 100 times over, so if you have to choose one over the other, by all means go with Mordor. It also runs under Win 3.11 in DOSBOX very easily, if you prefer that.

Ya’ll don’t want it on GOG anyway, the ps3 filesize is almost 500mb so it’d probably take 3 fucken hours to download.

Use GOG Galaxy to download the standalone installers.

I've used it since GOG Downloader became unreliable. It's the only thing that I use Galaxy for. But I don't mind because it's blazing fast - GOG games download much, much faster than anything else from anywhere else on that computer.

Gonna be pissed if all the new social features in Galaxy 2.0 turn the program into a bloated piece of shit.

Anyway, GOG curation is a bad joke. Shame there's not much in the way of DRM-free alternatives, aside from whatever DRM-free titles Humble happens to get. I'm not aware of any other store that actively works to secure DRM-free releases of games like GOG does - Humble simply offers the option to devs/pubs. Makes GOG's decline all the more tragic.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I liked the game on PS3 and will get it for PC because of the nude mods I rarely connect my PS3 anymore. The description says it will include the story DLCs - what about the level 99 DLC?

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
I liked the game on PS3 and will get it for PC because of the nude mods I rarely connect my PS3 anymore. The description says it will include the story DLCs - what about the level 99 DLC?

The lvl 99 DLC is unbelievably pointless IMO. You would probably spend more time grinding up to lvl 99 AFTER you smoked every other thing in the game than it took you to get to that point.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Not sure if I will spend $15 to buy this again but I can say that I once got it for ipad when I didn't have a PS3. Recommend not getting it for iOS as I felt it was unplayable.

Been years since I've played this one but I remember it as good ol classic Wizardry. Could see some calling it "stripped down" or "bare bones". Blasphemy maybe but I prefer it to any of the Elminage titles.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shame there's not much in the way of DRM-free alternatives, aside from whatever DRM-free titles Humble happens to get. I'm not aware of any other store that actively works to secure DRM-free releases of games like GOG does - Humble simply offers the option to devs/pubs. Makes GOG's decline all the more tragic.

There is Fireflower Games, but it seems to be run by single person (who seems a bit fixated on the environment). It looks like a very young site (since around 2017?), so it may or may not exist long term (remember Indievania?). But with the games being DRM-free, as long as you keep your own copies that shouldn't be a problem.

FWIW, it seems to be the only place to get Venetica DRM-free.

mindfields

Learned
Store page says it has 8 classes and 5 races, as well as 100 unique monsters, sounds like it could be good.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So where is it?! I'm sitting here refreshing Steam like a madman, all ready to :d1p: this, and it's not unlocked?

Come on Xseed, let me give you my money!

:takemymoney:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Launch Delay

Due to an unforeseen issue involving IP licensing, the game cannot launch today as previously intended. We apologize for the sudden delay, and will inform you of a new release date once it’s confirmed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom