Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He did it, the absolute madman did it again. I don't know what he did, but he did it!

grimace

Arcane
D7wFwnBVUAA3vih.jpg:large

1024px-ESRB_2013_Adults_Only.svg.png

grimace

Arcane

Path
Music video by Apocalyptica (Official). © Album: Cult (2000)

Don't read the comments.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I was promised a revolution, something never seen in games, and all I got was uninspired pile of ideas Kojjima already did before(except for, eh, BTs? who he ripped off from someone else).
Welcome to the gaming industry hype machine, dunno where you were all those years.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Homo demons, sounds problematic. Can't wait for the think pieces.

Want to see more of what you can do in this, I'm sure, survival game. Hopefully it's basically 3D NEO Scavenger. This game has reminded me a lot of this third person indie game I can't remember the name of, where you were in a space suit and had to use stuff like ladders to cross large crevasses. Wish I could remember what that game was called because now it's just going to drive me crazy.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
- world war or suitable equivalent brought society to brink of collapse.

- appearance of dimensional rifts spawned the beginning of the end and fragmented what remained of society.

- dystopian future where societies live walled-off as protection against dimensional creatures known as BTs.

- scientists (Mads) work on using bridge babies as a means of navigating "the other side".

- world war 1 soldiers got trapped in a dimensional rift and are now appearing in present day.

- dying president (female, LOL) asks norman reedus to take magical mcguffin (probably some miracle baby or apparatus that can close dimensional rifts) to somewhere important.
*(because Norman reedus character can "sense" BTs)

- he gets harassed by dimensional rift soldiers (the ww1 segments) and by an obviously-dimensionally possessed Mads character.

there, that's the plot and events of the game. ZOMG SO DEEP.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wat up with all the excitement? Amazingly we STILL have little idea what this game is about. I sure as shit am uber curious but hyped? Fuck no.

Death Stranding can turn out to be a Dark Souls grade legend or pretentious overambitious live service garbage. Or anything in between. Excitement is fucking foolish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom