Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
It's coming... It's coming! I can feel it! POWER... OVERWHELMING!!!

Oh, here it is.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1617268861060313635

7dfad6448d78c248c73c0594600c2073112f5b1e.jpg

Dear friends!

Finally the moment has come, when our game ATOM RPG is completely finished. In this update we balanced out melee weapons, added to the enemy AI, finalized all of the quests that were left unsolved in the previous update. The main thing, however, is the change of Dead City into a place full of new, unique characters with their own stories and quests. The map is now filled with points of interest and new locations. To see the list of all changes, scroll to the end of this post now.

ATOM.gif

We would like to use this post mostly to thank you all for the motivation, unique ideas, kind words of praise and endless support. We told this to you multiple times now, yet these words never lost their sincerity and meaning for us: without you, there would be no game, especially of this magnitude. You, our dear players, are the ones who shaped it starting with Kickstarter and the Early Access versions.

This final version of the game is truly your achievement, as much as it is ours.

And the work doesn’t stop here. Our next project will be a stand-alone add-on to the game, code-named Trudograd. It will hopefully hit Steam later this year. Until that time, we will share news of porting Atom to other platforms, translating it to other languages, and of course the development process of the new add-on.

Thank you for being with us, and we really hope that you will continue this journey we got planned out.

Let there be ATOM!

ef3578877e7b0edac6e2db44088a6af6b070fe62.jpg

Changelog:
- 20+ New locations;
- 40+ New unique characters;
- 20+ New quests;
- Several kinds of new enemies including two types with unique AI behavior;
- Added new AI tweaking support for modders;
- Several new random encounters;
- New craft armor made out of chitin;
- New combat armor and spiked “Hedgehog” helmet;
- Throwing weapons, both custom and common;
- One new firearm and a special melee weapon;
- New global map for the metro;
- New hazards, including a radioactive sandstorm;
- New animations;
- New loading screen art;
- New sounds and effects;
- Several usable items can now be used multiple times from main slots without entering the inventory menu;
- Dzhulbars has an ability to speak in certain conditions;
- Stun works on enemies that were immune to it;
- Other new minor gameplay enhancing features;
- All of the bugs from the older version found by the testing team and the players are now fixed;

75900e560dfc7d97700283825967c94713c6187a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Whew! That was a god damn long journey since the first time I appeared on the Codex. And now this baby is finally done! Seriously, thanks guys, the codex really helped us out. I'll be making a Trudograd post when we have a demo. And of course I'll be continuing to chat in this thread whenever I can!

This game is and will be better than wasteland 3
Thanks, man!!!

Still no ATOM RPG portraits in this forum.

You or anybody else who owns the game should feel free to dig through its data files and extract them: https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE

Upload a zip with the raw image files, send me a link and I'll do the rest.
Atomboy
why not try the sane option first and ask the devs for images?
I agree with anyone capable of doing it - doing it! I doubt my guys even have a portrait folder that's not encoded in game resources. But if they do have it, I'll post a zip when the dust of the final update settles!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Atomboy I wanted to say thank you for making this great game. I finished my first playthrough exactly 5 minutes ago and as soon as I closed the game steam started downloading the patch, perfect timing for a second playthrough. Getting lost in this game for 65 hours is a steal for the price you are asking. I imagine this is what Van Buren should have been.

Whew! That was a god damn long journey since the first time I appeared on the Codex. And now this baby is finally done! Seriously, thanks guys, the codex really helped us out. I'll be making a Trudograd post when we have a demo. And of course I'll be continuing to chat in this thread whenever I can!

Thanks, man!!!

You or anybody else who owns the game should feel free to dig through its data files and extract them: https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE

Atomboy
I agree with anyone capable of doing it - doing it! I doubt my guys even have a portrait folder that's not encoded in game resources. But if they do have it, I'll post a zip when the dust of the final update settles!
sweet just saw the update, I did not know you were adding all this stuff to it, that's a ton of stuff you added. really great. Look forward to it and whatever else you work on next.

Okagron

Prophet
Just got back to the game recently and it seems it's getting a major patch today. Just started downloading it.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Best thread on the Codex since Oblivion Propaganda Posters in 2006. Huge congrats Atomboy , na zdrowie!
Thank you! It's been tiring, but the result healed my stress!

Atomboy I wanted to say thank you for making this great game. I finished my first playthrough exactly 5 minutes ago and as soon as I closed the game steam started downloading the patch, perfect timing for a second playthrough. Getting lost in this game for 65 hours is a steal for the price you are asking. I imagine this is what Van Buren should have been.
Thank you, really hope you'll enjoy the metro and all the weird stuff.
- Dzhulbars has an ability to speak in certain conditions
More reasons to get drunk and high, great!
Yup!

Thanks, man!!!

Atomboy
sweet just saw the update, I did not know you were adding all this stuff to it, that's a ton of stuff you added. really great. Look forward to it and whatever else you work on next.
Thanks! I will be sharing new stuff as it's made. We're not really gonna take a vacation from work, Trudograd starts as soon as we patch all the new issues if there's gonna be any. Depending on when you played Atom last, the game might just be around 2 times larger than when you left it! :D Try it out!

Atomboy Trudograd when
I think this year, but we'll take our sweet time with it. Since the city is a layered tower ziggurat type thing it will have a lot of verticality and that's asking for a lot of work.
Please tell me it's not a mid-game expansion

Shut up, dickface.
For some reason I can't see the original post with the question you're quoting but I'll reply to it still!
I dunno what a midgame expansion means, Trudograd will most probably be like... another game that's installed on your computer like a game, but you can feed your Atom RPG save to it and it will change stuff in itself according to your choices or just start a new game. Baldur's Gate 2 comes to mind a lot. Including the part where you started on LVL 7 or 8 not LVL 1
Just got back to the game recently and it seems it's getting a major patch today. Just started downloading it.
Yeah it's big! Check it out! The Dead City is now all proper.

Standalone expansions > Mid-game expansions
Well it's gonna be stand alone. Like a new game. But it will take Atom RPG save files.

============================

ALSO
A huge thank you to Infinitron or another mod who's doing all this. Thank you for making my post look normal instead of how it looked at first and for changing the thread name. I'm really bad at this forum stuff and I can't make it so pictures look good and have proper size so kudos to you my man!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Atomboy I killed all three leaders of the Death gang but I don't get the option to tell the old dude who gave me the quest to kill them. When I talk to him I can only ask him about information about the three leaders.

Technomancer

Liturgist
new issues if there's gonna be any
There are always issues, no game is bug-free, at least until our AI overlords awaken. Just spent some time in the tutorial grinding craft junk for early xp and it seems that crafting is bugged. The second item in the slot is not consumed.

Damn, this gives a really good first impression. Got a few super minor complaints regarding interface stuff (When I tried transferring ammo to my buddy in the tutorial for example it appeared I had to individually click up/down for each bullet, no holding the button to scroll and (I think I tried it at least) no entering a number via keyboard. Plus clicking on your weapon to force attack something, you can't right-click to cancel it, have to click on the weapon again) but other than that, really impressed. Done jack-shit so far other than shanking some damn dirty rats and finding DA NUT but feeling really promising. Thinking this'll be much more my cup of tea than Underrail was/is. I played that during my absence from the Codex but I wasn't particularly fond of it due to the heavy focus on crafting (Thus far it seems reasonable to ignore it in Atom, while in Underrail you could technically ignore it but it was heavily, heavily encouraged) and the combat didn't feel as nice to me, and the lack of dialog was a shame. The exploration in Underrail is fantastic, but I dunno. I got significantly further into Underrail than I have in Atom thus far so maybe the bloom will come off the rose a bit, but glad I picked this up. Kind of a shame I waited as long as I did but I did want to finish some of my in-progress shit like Bard's Tale 4.

Oh yeah, I did have one other minor complaint. Didn't realize ranged weapons were so heavily tied to strength until after I'd made my character and got into the tutorial and saw the assault rifle and sniper rifle. Built my character for gun use but he's got a weakling 4 strength so I'll have to see what happens. General idea is to play my bog-standard Fallout character of small guns, lockpick, speech. Took sex appeal even though it'll probably work against me as a dude, but to hell with it. With low strength I may try specializing in pistols if I can get away with it, no idea if that's a legitimate plan in this yet but I guess I'll see what happens! Still need to get my hands on a gun anyway, only crafted a shiv.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Atomboy I killed all three leaders of the Death gang but I don't get the option to tell the old dude who gave me the quest to kill them. When I talk to him I can only ask him about information about the three leaders.

I think I've had the same issue. This specific dialogue tree is somewhat fucky; I've had to stumble my way across conversation loops for a while before I was able to finish the quest. It's (or at least it was) possible, though.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, this gives a really good first impression. Got a few super minor complaints regarding interface stuff (When I tried transferring ammo to my buddy in the tutorial for example it appeared I had to individually click up/down for each bullet, no holding the button to scroll and (I think I tried it at least) no entering a number via keyboard..

You can type the amount of bullets you wish to transfer by Keyboard its not as elegant as Fallout interface but it works well, its good to start the game now with two expansions added and as to weapon well what can I tell you Comrade there are some good pistols (Comrade Kovaliev Makarov), SMGs and even cut down AK-74u but to shoot heavier peaces you need either raise your strength to 6 at least and/or invest heavily in automatic weapons perks tree. STR 4 is your typical fit wombyn strenght so don't expect to be able to shoot machine guns or sniper riffles straight with such low score due to recoil alone:

After watching this clip would add INT requirement of 5 too to be honest; Atom RPG is very realistic when it comes to gun play I am impressed they even gave Mosinka a proper sounds.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
I just started the game for the first time, I waited for the new patch. Somewhere in this thread I read that assault weapons were good and everythign else inferior especially melee and martial arts. Did that change? I am still udnecided where to put my points for weapon skils first. Also, is it possible to play the game solo without reading up on too much beforehand and without min maxing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom