Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Smejki Too bad you made the Royal Edition a Steam "package" instead of the newer type of Steam bundle (which lets you pay less if you already own the game and/or some of the DLCs).

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I have to admit I never paid attention to this side of business and I have no idea who decided to do it this way and why.
If a lot of players see it as a problem then bombard the PR dept I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is in fact a Kingdom Come bundle already, but unless you own most of the DLCs already it's actually more expensive than buying everything again via the Royal Edition package. I guess what folks will want you to do is take the already existing bundle, rename it to "Royal Edition" and discount it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's currently cheaper for me to just buy the individual DLCs I'm missing than to get either the Royal Edition or the bundle. I don't care about the OST, art book, or making-of.

Geckabor

Savant
Now that all DLCs are out, it's probably time to give them and all the updates a go. Does anyone have experience with hardcore mode? Is not knowing directions and your health fun? I feel very tempted to use it since it feels like it'd give the game a fresh feel.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Does anyone have experience with hardcore mode? Is not knowing directions and your health fun?
Got lost in a forest once, spent ~10 minutes walking around listening for a nearby water stream to find my way back to a campsite nearby. On my way came across two bandits and I bolted, some Cumans intervened so while everyone was fighting I plinked them with arrows and took their armor.
Little adventures like that are mostly what you'll get from Hardcore, although no matter what you play a lot of your time will be riding around the country side on horse soaking in the IMMERSHUN.
Health and Stamina have visual/audio cues so you don't need to worry about that. Negative perks are kinda shit, doesn't really change how you play besides maybe more occasional trips to the bathhouse and spending more time training with Brenard.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone have experience with hardcore mode? Is not knowing directions and your health fun?
Got lost in a forest once, spent ~10 minutes walking around listening for a nearby water stream to find my way back to a campsite nearby. On my way came across two bandits and I bolted, some Cumans intervened so while everyone was fighting I plinked them with arrows and took their armor.
Little adventures like that are mostly what you'll get from Hardcore, although no matter what you play a lot of your time will be riding around the country side on horse soaking in the IMMERSHUN.
Health and Stamina have visual/audio cues so you don't need to worry about that. Negative perks are kinda shit, doesn't really change how you play besides maybe more occasional trips to the bathhouse and spending more time training with Brenard.

The XP reduction perk is nice for improving the progression curve, though it's a shame it's only 25% and not 50%.

You still improve quite quickly.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
And here I was about to start a mace run soon because I took swords first time and thought they kind of sucked.
Pretty much all weapon skills are equal once you get their skill up a bit, the primary difference between Longswords and Maces, Axes and Shortswords is that you have to use shields, because the defensive stat is just too low on the shorter weapons and you'll die pretty fast to higher level bandits using longswords and poking you to death with their superior range. I like Longswords the best because I don't like using shields.

Tigranes

Arcane
So as Kickstarter backer I just get all the DLCs automatically right? Maybe finally time to retry it, had a blast upon release but stopped at monastery

I seem to remember there was a good combat mod making the rounds?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Well, it definitely shouldn't
So far any reports of broken game after 1.9 we got turned out to be modded games.

SlamDunk

Arcane
It might have slipped me but, to this day I haven't seen an explanation from Warhorse on why exactly the forest was downgraded from the Beta.

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/is-there-patchnout-1-9-for-the-pc-version/65113/13
DrFusselpulli said:
we had to reduce the amount of foliage, there are less plants on the ground level, which gives the forest a less dense look, but the performance in the finished game with all these plants wasn´t good enough for gameplay even on PC.
As can be read, the reason is the obvious one. Nevertheless, it was nice to finally get an official statement.

Sentinel

Arcane
Nice to see them admit it instead of going the CDPR route of "We swear the E3 2014 graphics are still in the PC version!" until the end.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom