Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I do hope that we will see more than 10 companions in this game, and that they are as memorable as the BG1 ones. Some Chaotic Evil ones like Xzar and Shar-Teel definitely would be a great addition to the game.
Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure Xzar and Montaron are dead now, which is unfortunate because they're my other favorite characters, but I love how the majority of the characters in BG1 are just homeless psychopaths. Even the people who are reasonably well put together, like Xan and Coran, are still utterly insane. We don't want people with tragic backstories who need a shrink, we want homeless psychopaths looking for fun and adventure.

Xeon

Augur
I doubt we will see Coran or Tiax, since Coran might get killed by the Werewolve lover and Tiax gets killed by Irenecus.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that the secret is set to be revealed, what I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable MCA shilling for Larian while passive aggressively omitting or throwing shade at Obsidian. @LarAtLarian #BaldursGate3

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I doubt we will see Coran or Tiax, since Coran might get killed by the Werewolve lover and Tiax gets killed by Irenecus.
Oh, that's right, he was in Spellhold, wasn't he? What a bummer.

What happens to Safana? She was also part of that Coran quest too, right? Does she die? I really liked her. I know she was part of the Dragonspear expansion, but I don't remember what she did in it and I never completed it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Baldur's Gate III confirmed! :bounce:

When you download logo and open it in text editor:
114295234.jpg

Could be larian's humor..We will wake up and learn that it is beamdog doing it and they hired pierre begue as art director.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm hoping this is BG3. Mostly because I want to see the uproar and hot takes on the Codex.

Even if the announcement is for BG3 and it coincides with that time of the month for the average Codexian - I think most people (like me) will just shrug their shoulders and continue to monitor the decline of civilisation. My childhood and all the things I still love have been so perverted at this point, that they're no longer recognisable as the things I love. It's like that girl you grew up with that you thought you'd marry and then (through no fault of your own) she became a raging lesbian. Different paths and all that.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Now that the secret is set to be revealed, what I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable MCA shilling for Larian while passive aggressively omitting or throwing shade at Obsidian. @LarAtLarian #BaldursGate3
Bonus points it they heavily market his involvement (again) while he only writes the backstory for 1 character and nothing else (again). MCA is becoming just a sticker you slap on your game. FEATURING WRITING FROM MCA*!
Might be under 100 words.

Mortmal

Arcane
Now those would make good covert art for a video game box with cloth map and figurine , dont they ?

pomenitul

Arbiter
I'd seen it happen to others, but this is actually the first time my childhood is disentombed, then dragged into the public square so as to be furiously sodomized by an impromptu assembly of sweaty Belgian men drunk on Trappist ale, expelling what's left of last night's mitraillette as they sway back and forth, back and forth, back and forth…

Xeon

Augur
What happens to Safana? She was also part of that Coran quest too, right? Does she die? I really liked her. I know she was part of the Dragonspear expansion, but I don't remember what she did in it and I never completed it.
Safana dies by the Werewolve lady, then Coran snaps at her and he might end up getting killed.

Squid

Arbiter
Even if the announcement is for BG3 and it coincides with that time of the month for the average Codexian - I think most people (like me) will just shrug their shoulders and continue to monitor the decline of civilisation.
Yes but there's bound to be shitposting ahead on some level. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But enough of Codexians will buy it and a few will like it or something (maybe vice versa, but doubtful) and the rest of the Codex with swarm them with retadred ratings and butthurt will ensue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom