Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldurs Gayt Three Plot Prediction Thread

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Discuss!

Is it high level DnD? LOOOOOOOOLNO

You start at level 1.
But than what is the narrative reason? And how dumb is it?

Is BG3 even connected to BG?
Probably not. But why call it BG3?

So that disgusting RtwP fans back your Kickstarter!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Discuss!

Is it high level DnD? LOOOOOOOOLNO

You start at level 1.
But than what is the narrative reason? And how dumb is it?

Is BG3 even connected to BG?
Probably not. But why call it BG3?

So that disgusting RtwP fans back your Kickstarter!

I'm assuming it picks up much later and is not the tale of the bhaalspawn from bg1/2, but does deal with the fallout from whatever they decide was the canon ending.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Alright, I start:

modified DnD, turn based, playing of own reputation for e n v i r o n m e n t - i n t e r a c t i o n (which was just code for trivial exploitation since the AI cant use it for shit)

plot is not a continuation, its a side story after the events of BG2, so you can romance Aeries, I want to say that you play not the same main char but the fanservices! Think of the fanservice

open narrative ending, or a sequel hook like in BG1

antagonist: hmm, Irenicus copy, a watcher who wants your powah, works for enemy God
or
You lose your essence and have to stop other avatars from getting it

Big evil threatens Sword Coast could be too dumb even for Larian, though it was good enough for DOS1 and 2...

location: not Amn, they dont want to compete with BG2 and fall on face...

Frozen

Arcane
At the beginning you are awoken beneath a ruble in this new world called Faerûn.

Your space hamster squished in your right hand.

Last thing you remember is blowing up/merge/taking control of the Citadel, then he started emitting some energy while unknowingly hidden in your pocket beneath N7 badge.

You took him out, then some strange vortex opened while everything around you was blowing up.

Disciple

Savant
Lots of romance, the characters' search for an identity as the game's main theme, and a plot twist near the end.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
actually hope they don't use anything from BG1/2 besides references, since those games had a plot that Actually Ended

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It's going to be turn-based, No Irenicus, a promising start, isn't it ?

But they're going to ruin it with their retarded trap system and their MMO itemization.
The story will be nothing to remember (Better than BG2 though )

Azarkon

Arcane
Is this an official cooperation with WOTC? In case it is ... You guys realize the official WOTC canon is that the Bhaalspawn never ascended, but was ganked by his half-brother Viekang, a puppet of the original Bhaal, who subsequently returned to power as a god in 5th edition?

In other words, in WOTC canon, Bhaal wins, the Bhaalspawn - all of them - lose. Which opens up many narrative opportunities for continuing the story, in case that is what they want to do.

Of course, they can go for an original story, also, in which case they'd just be borrowing the franchise name for marketing purposes. But I think more people would be excited for the first option - of the Bhaalspawn turning down the throne, getting screwed over by original Bhaal later, and now having to start all over again to get even, and bringing the story full circle by fighting the god of murder. That would be suitably epic.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Let's not count chickens before they hatch, maybe it's going to be Divinity OS 3 after all :)

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Plot will be unrelated to the first two games, system will not use D&D rules, Minsc will return. Oh, and Chris Avellone will phone something in, because of fucking course he will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom