Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also shit on the floor. So much shit you can't see the map.

The Bishop

Cipher
Larian will never produce anything exceptional, they are the kings of mediocrity
Nah, they're pretty much exactly the opposite. The stuff they make is always either completely awesome or completely awful and nothing in between. Like DOS that had awesome gridless TB system with awesome environmental effects, but awful content past the beginning and absolutely irredeemable story. No aspect of DOS is just ok, it's either great or complete garbage, and the rest of their games are pretty similar.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Larian will never produce anything exceptional, they are the kings of mediocrity

... Like DOS that had awesome gridless TB system with awesome environmental effects, but awful content past the beginning and absolutely irredeemable story. No aspect of DOS is just ok, it's either great or complete garbage, and the rest of their games are pretty similar.

Exactly.. One great aspect + one garbage aspect = mediocre overall. Thanks for inadvertently proving my point

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really though, the D&D ruleset potentially solves DOS2's biggest problems. No retarded initiative system in a D&D game. No half a dozen fighterthiefmages teleporting out of monster closets directly up your arse when there are actual constraints on what a single character can do. No retarded armour system or determinism. Man, I hope this'll be turn-based.

Xeon

Augur
Huh, didn't think about the class system, guess they will probably go for classes instead of Classless like in DOS.

I like Classless a lot but guess it doesn't really fit with the D&D system.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Vincke, like Salieri in Amadeus, is the champion of all mediocrities in gamedom. He's their patron saint.

BG3 will likely be just like DOS1 and DOS2 - fantastic combat, pretty graphics and embarrassingly, insufferably bad writing, setting, characters and plot. It'll still sell like cocaine though because mediocrities can't tell bad writing from good.

EDIT: By the emotes you will know them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Prepare yourself for rape, Spidey, this is gonna be rough, with at least a dozen references to Centeol and Landrin's spider infested home.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
1815c3a27ce1dda9e4e020f2c9babd23.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kotaku continues to slurp DOS2's asshole. I don't understand people's love for that game, especially the gaming so-called press.
Maybe because it's ...gasp...good.

Thank you for self-identifying.
Thank you for GET THE FUCK OUT!

That's about as clever as D:OS2. I understand now why it speaks to you. ;)
You just don't get it. Also, everyone who has a number in his nickname is a faggot. Beat this if you can!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom