Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am excited and also disappointed because that grand RPG in Divinity universe Sven was talking about is pushed further away. And we won't get Divinity 3 (which might be that RPG) anytime soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am excited and also disappointed because that grand RPG in Divinity universe Sven was talking about is pushed further away. And we won't get Divinity 3 (which might be that RPG) anytime soon.

Well, define soon. I think it could easily be their next game after this one.

soulburner

Cipher
So... umm... how do we know it's going to be turn based? The fact that both D:OS games were and that Larian has experience with it doesn't automatically make BG3 so.

Anyhow, I'm excited, I think Larian can make BG3 "right" and yes, I think their writing style will fit the BG universe nicely.

Gwendo

Augur
An improved DOS2 engine, including TB combat system on a Forgotten Realms set sounds pretty great.

OTOH, Larian might respect the RTwP tradition of this series... I hope not.

hexer

God-damned now we wait for E3!
Bhaalspawn's story is over, I wonder what they'll pull off here.
Hope it's a good addition to the storyline and they haven't just picked the name primarily for cash grabbing

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
OK, how'd we go from D:OS 2 Codex GOTY and a fairly positive reception to Divinity: Fallen Heroes...

OK, how'd we go from D:OS 2 Codex GOTY...

D:OS 2 Codex GOTY

10OgC4i.gif

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
I bet that when it turns out that this game will have 3d graphics with rotatable camera 99% of codexers will be fapping like crazy to this game.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Yeah, it would be tragic if this was made Larian style whimsical. The writing is truly at risk.

"My hotel is as clean as an elven arse."

"Go for the eyes Boo!"

Bioware writing is shit too, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Never been a big fan of neither Larian nor Bioware anyway so it's whatever for me.

Mustawd

OK, how'd we go from D:OS 2 Codex GOTY and a fairly positive reception to Divinity: Fallen Heroes to this post getting a bunch of Prosper ratings? :P

Idiots who want RTwP for some retarded reason.

I’d be extremely surprised if this wasn’t turn based.

Although, then the question is: Which edition? 5th ed seems weird for such an old series that goes back to AD&D, but they’ll probably get around that anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, it would be tragic if this was made Larian style whimsical. The writing is truly at risk.

"My hotel is as clean as an elven arse."

"Go for the eyes Boo!"

Bioware writing is shit too, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Never been a big fan of neither Larian nor Bioware anyway so it's whatever for me.

There is shit and then there is shit. Larian and BG2 era BioWare writing aren't remotely in the same category.

If writing was food I wouldn't even feed Slavs Larian's writing. Fucking Russians who barely can write (nevermind in English) are better writers. In fact, they should probably fire their entire writing staff and replace it with eastern Europeans.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What. Can you imagine the reaction if BG3 is turn-based?

I’m betting the reaction will be higher sales and a few bitching and moaning.

Spending time on Codex made you highly delusional. There's a whole wide world out there. And it loves RtwP.
That's why I'm building my own rocket to gtfo this gay earth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom