Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Night jobs are tough. Work is temporary. Sleep is eternal. RIP, bros.

Riel

Arcane
The autism mod has been updated to WotN and the latest patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/60?tab=files

Enhanced Enemies
  • Low level enemies added for single character starts.
  • Increased variety of spawn options in the mid game.
  • Scaling extended out for larger parties and longer games
  • Powerful new enemies like hulking orc behemoths
  • Legendary versions of all enemies in legendary difficulty mode
  • More blood on all damaged enemies, more particle effects

It's appealing, although what this game needs is a sequel turning it into a cRPG and why not managing a faction ?

I think what this game needs the most is an strategic layer. More into logistics, camping, initial troop placement, etc.

tindrli

Arcane
never ever got this before
vqUFDhz.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
My lone wolf is level 15 and all alone because I haven't found a worthy Hedge Knight bro yet to hire. :(

Murk

Arcane
Make sure to bring along a monk if you do go for a knightly group.

On this topic...

I have a habit of recruiting utility bros that have a negative trait that allows me to use them in the back line permanently.

I typically don't use 12 combat bros at a time anyway, often leaving 2 spots active in the field for ones I'm trying to level to do things like renovate the cart, make a mastercraft bow, and/or sacrifice someone to Davkul for the armor/helmet. One trait I love to see on monks, witchhunters, caravan hands, bowyers, cultists is disloyal since it has no direct negative combat effect like low HP or low fatigue but does mean I can keep them in the backline forever as a mule for items I want to keep but not clog up my inventory.

I'll usually bring them into combat but not have them engage, since they get runoff XP anyway and in later fights it's enough to get them to level 5+ very quickly and easily.

The monk and witchhunter are ideal for events, the monk to keep peace in my own company and the witchhunter for overworld events.

Caravan hand I usually boot out once the renovation is done, since he has to be relatively high level and a cheaper mule can be found. The cultist one is trickier since you can potentially lose one of your best bros in the process.

Barbarian

Arcane
My last playthrough ended in ruin when the first crisis(noble war) triggered too early and I recklessly had my company join the war. I figure militia origin has a problem with first crisis triggering early if you manage to keep a large roster too early - and you also level up your men much slower.

On my next campaign I will mod the game first so that the militia can hire messengers, killers, apprentices, bowyers and other fitting backgrounds. I won't include hunters and raiders because I feel that would be cheating, even though both backgrounds are not "noble" and should theoretically be available. I miss more background variety and many of the militia available backgrounds seem to have both no value and no content.

Last edited:

Payd Shell

Arcane
Not too impressed with the legends mod. It's nice to have so many different backgrounds that affect your perk choices but it's also a bit tedious with all the different stats people bring into your party, like increasing tool carrying capacity or inventory size. The camping system is nice, however. I'd like to see that one in the main game itself.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
The autism mod has been updated to WotN and the latest patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/60?tab=files

Enhanced Enemies
  • Low level enemies added for single character starts.
  • Increased variety of spawn options in the mid game.
  • Scaling extended out for larger parties and longer games
  • Powerful new enemies like hulking orc behemoths
  • Legendary versions of all enemies in legendary difficulty mode
  • More blood on all damaged enemies, more particle effects

It's appealing, although what this game needs is a sequel turning it into a cRPG and why not managing a faction ?
What about ensnaring nations with necromancy?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I've tried short games with different origins:

Poachers - if you start by getting some more poachers and random cheap spear+shield men this might be the smoothest early game I've seen. 5-6 archers plus some random militia/farmers in the first line completely wreck bandits, thralls, goblins without lots of wolfs and low-mid numbers of beasts but predictably sucks vs undead (it's real easy to snipe necromancers though). I haven't fought orcs, which would also be hard once they get warriors. Nowadays I mostly build archers as dedicated ranged support without polearms but here it might be necessary to have a backup weapon on everyone because bows just don't have enough power vs tanky armored enemies. I think there's a lot of potential here. Not sure how you'd handle mass ancient dead or nercosavants though, other than just having a large specialized reserve.

Deserters - after trying this one out a couple of times I think deserters might have the absolute worst cost/stats ratio in the game. Not only do they often have sub-20 base resolve which makes their high melee def completely wasted once they engage the enemy and start running, but they seem to have more bad traits than any background other than cripples and beggars. I don't normally restart unless the map seed is completely fucked but here I had multiple starts with craven, clumsy, dastard and asthmatic on 2 or all 3 starting men. I hired some more deserters but they also had lots of bad traits (one with iron lungs though) and for that cost you can do much better with militia and retried soldiers. My one not-terrible start was cut around day 15 because a noble house unit ambushed me in the forest outside their territory. Oh well. You can raid caravans from your former house for some easy loot. You could maybe make something out of it with a good sergeant and a banner but feels like an uphill battle with no upsides.

Beast hunters - doesn't really feel unique in any way other than you get worse prices. Bonus loot from beasts is very contract-dependent because running around woods chasing wolfs and spiders doesn't pay and there are no beast lairs to pillage (why aren't there beast lairs?). You are not actually better at fighting beasts in any way either. Meh.

Cultists - interesting but gimmicky. If only there was a more reliable way to get more cultists or attempt conversion of other backgrounds.

Lone Wolf - very strong as long as you don't actually fight as a lone wolf but slowly build a small squad of mid-high tier bros.

Raiders - like deserters, but good and fun. The only problem is that it's hard to get more barbarian recruits or gear.

I haven't tried the legends mod yet, I'll probably do when they slow down patching the game and the mod hits a more stable version. A lot of it sounds like a mess (wizards, backgrounds increasing map move speed, camping autism) but then I read
Save your troops into formations to prepare for different battles
Assign anyone to reserves, but they are forced to fight if you're attacked
Different backgrounds can have unique perk trees with entirely different abilities
Ingame sliders to control world size cities, factions, oceans, forrests, swamps (experimental, read the tooltips)
6 new AI Noble house archetypes
Tryout when hiring now reveals stars on attributes
And these seem like they should be added to the base game. Camping stuff might be cool too if they did it right.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Man, everyone hates Alps or witches... I personally loathe spiders. They are fucking annoying to fight, with their eggs and being always in forests... I most of the time avoid contracts that have them :P

tindrli

Arcane
Man, everyone hates Alps or witches... I personally loathe spiders. They are fucking annoying to fight, with their eggs and being always in forests... I most of the time avoid contracts that have them :P

beside Alps and witches i hate bounty hunters. especially between 30-50 days

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Reworked alps aren't that bad. Still tedious to fight but if you have the right setup (12 men, any swords/spears + dogs just in case) alp contracts are easy money unless you run into a very large group, but I haven't so far.

Hexen are hard, especially combined with other enemies. Archers and maces are good, high resolve helps but not very reliably in my experience.

Yeah, bounty hunters have crazy good stats and perks for how early you can run into them.

tindrli

Arcane
Reworked alps aren't that bad. Still tedious to fight but if you have the right setup (12 men, any swords/spears + dogs just in case) alp contracts are easy money unless you run into a very large group, but I haven't so far.

Hexen are hard, especially combined with other enemies. Archers and maces are good, high resolve helps but not very reliably in my experience.

Yeah, bounty hunters have crazy good stats and perks for how early you can run into them.

just few days back with alps reworked i managed to to get destroyed by 4 or 5 of them. i don't know. now, i just don't fight them without at least 8 dogs

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I give everyone a 1h weapon (preferably spear/sword for the hit chance bonus but any will do for small groups) and slowly creep forward and kill the alps 1-2 at a time. Don't rush too far, don't split into smaller groups, kill the nightmares the turn the spawn, then advance with bros that still have the ap but stay within the reach of your formation enough that others can move far enough to reach the outliers and attack one time the next turn. I sometimes get hit here and there when they just dump all the nightmares into one area but I haven't lost anyone to alps since the rework. Compared to the clusterfuck that was the aoe sleep and counting AP to move and wake, these alps aren't so bad.

Reinhardt

Arcane
140adtx.jpg

Now i just need to craft snow unhold attachment and he will wear FOUR gold buckles. ULTIMATE SERGEANT!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

As far I know you can always just give bounty hunters what they want.
Besides winning group of bounty hunters during early game gives relatively good loot.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I haven't tried the legends mod yet, I'll probably do when they slow down patching the game and the mod hits a more stable version. A lot of it sounds like a mess (wizards, backgrounds increasing map move speed, camping autism) but then I read

Mage is well balanced, the wizard can cast a single target missile, same as arrows but less accurate and later has a chain lightning which hits 2/3 adjacent targets with reduced damage for extra targets, also a low damage fire cloud spell known as the Gheist bane.
The warlock can spawn zombies or skeletons (3 perks for each increasing their power and you need ressources that take inventory space and are spawn from corpses after a battle) and use the same powers (perks) as the necrosavants.
Some damage perks for real berserkers, etc.
As far as i know, you can't get more mages.

It adds a lot of re-playability and apparently, with the new version, there's even a new difficulty level if you want more challenge.

tindrli

Arcane

As far I know you can always just give bounty hunters what they want.
Besides winning group of bounty hunters during early game gives relatively good loot.
i know but i just cant give them the damn head. ITS MINE and maybe its childish but i have never encounter a game where, how to say it.. in battle brothers its something personal. ITS MY HEAD and im not giving it away. if they kill me its because i played bad. and yes its great loot. i would love to see that EARS collar that bounty hunters event tells about it but sadly seems its not ingame

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom