Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
imagine being a japanese gamer and being forced to play a westaboo's sjw game about rebuilding america

MapMan

Arcane
GOTY 2019
D7wVL3vXkAErhfo.png:large
That's not a pissing icon. It's a baby with umbilical cord.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
GOTY 2019
That's not a pissing icon. It's a baby with umbilical cord.
But the jar baby has to piss somewhere, right?
Well the jar is connected to Redus' character with a cord, so I guess the piss is going into his system. :P

Sit down. You are retarded.

The amniotic fluid consists mostly of fetal urine that bathes the developing fetus.

The foetus pisses in the tank.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Deflowerer

Arcane
You gotta give credit to Kojima, he is able to sell relatively weird shit to a huge normie mass audience.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
You gotta give credit to Kojima, he is able to sell relatively weird shit to a huge normie mass audience.

Yeah, but this 2deep4u shit is pretty popular. It makes people feel like they're intellectuals, it's semiotics for masses. Same reason why people still jerk off to NGE: OMG IT'S SO DEEP, SO MANY MEANINGS, SO MUCH SYMBOLISM, IT'S A CROSS OMG.

The truth is, it's all just todd howard style cool shit. A shallow collection of tropes and reused ideas, but hey, Konami were the bad guys, amirite?

I wouldn't really say he's pushed anything all that weird. The Metal Gear stuff is basically GI Joe, and GI Joe was fucking huge. This seems like 12 Monkeys (at least the future [and World War 1] parts) and some other stuff, (and 12 Monkeys was a pretty big hit when it came out) with the weirdest thing being your canary in the coal mine is a baby or something.

Maybe it'll sell a huge normie mass audience on a style of game they might not normally play, but if this is a survival game, how deep that goes is still yet to be seen. Although those seem to have mass appeal anyways, even if none of the big publishers have fully capitalized on it yet.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is a impression of mine or the plot is about you installing a fiber optic cable across america so people have access to high speed hentai streaming?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
/v/ told me it's just the Serial Experiments Lain plot but plagiarised. Which is to say, all people are connected to the wired (internet) and the barrier between the wired world and the real world is breaking down.
https://archive.fo/mLbGM

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
8-minute trailer and I still have no fucking idea what this is supposed to be. MAGA + Holywood + Sci-Fi + baby = Kojima

It's running on the Decima engine, so expect the same gameplay as Horizon: Zero Dawn. Now I haven't played that game, but it looks like your typical Sony wander circus with press A for ducking in grass and press X for swinging stick to me. Oh yeah, and then there are 10 hours of cutscenes that will make Normies drop their lattes over Sensei Kojima's otherworldly writing skillz.

Are you excited yet?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
/v/ told me it's just the Serial Experiments Lain plot but plagiarised. Which is to say, all people are connected to the wired (internet) and the barrier between the wired world and the real world is breaking down.
https://archive.fo/mLbGM
So the goal of the game is to hack (crack) the multiplayer part to let it be playable offline in singleplayer. Typical meta from Kojima...

Vlajdermen

Arcane
Yeah, but this 2deep4u shit is pretty popular. It makes people feel like they're intellectuals, it's semiotics for masses. Same reason why people still jerk off to NGE: OMG IT'S SO DEEP, SO MANY MEANINGS, SO MUCH SYMBOLISM, IT'S A CROSS OMG.

The truth is, it's all just todd howard style cool shit. A shallow collection of tropes and reused ideas.
Just wait until the circle jerks begin. You're gonna have /v/irgins hailing it as some profound work of art, shoving it down people's throats, and getting pissed off whenever it's mentioned in any negative context in order to avoid admitting to themselves that they have shit taste.
It's not just Death Stranding that causes this shit. We've seen it before with Rick and Morty, nier automata, and anything else that panders to autists instead of normies.

Just stick to Yakuza instead. The new game looks pretty dank.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Gameplay highlights 2/3 consisting of deploying a ladder on some rocks and then rappelling off some rocks. Wow. Avant Garde.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom