Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Squid

Arbiter
Even worse, they won't remove the Denuvo even after years since it has been cracked by pirates.
See, I don't get this. Whoever it is claiming (devs, publishers, investors, customers, I don't know who) that DRM is there to "protect the initial sales" is full of shit. Even if they're right. If it was only there to protect initial sales then get rid of the shit after initial sales. Wow, what a crazy concept. I'm sure it cost them less than a whole number in percentage for the budget and could be planned easily to stop checking for authentication after a month or something. Pirates crack games in less than a week, sometimes less than a day. If people don't want to buy games, they won't and they'll likely get away with it. Quit messing with people who are fair, honest customers.

I'm mad, I just want less DRM. :argh:

ADL

Prophet
How else are they gonna get their remaster money out of a platform that otherwise wouldn't need to buy the same game twice?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
See, I don't get this. Whoever it is claiming (devs, publishers, investors, customers, I don't know who) that DRM is there to "protect the initial sales" is full of shit. Even if they're right. If it was only there to protect initial sales then get rid of the shit after initial sales. Wow, what a crazy concept. I'm sure it cost them less than a whole number in percentage for the budget and could be planned easily to stop checking for authentication after a month or something. Pirates crack games in less than a week, sometimes less than a day. If people don't want to buy games, they won't and they'll likely get away with it. Quit messing with people who are fair, honest customers.

I've always said the average DRM wouldn't bother me at all if it was removed like 6 months or a year after the game comes out. Why this isn't standard practice is beyond me, but like most things where DRM is concerned... most customers don't care, so why should they.

Vorark

Erudite
Bethesda seems to be the only one who consistently bothers removing it: Doom '16, Dishonored 2, Rage 2 off the top of my head. Next in line is probably Prey. Sega and Capcom are all over the place, Square-Enix and Namco Bandai never do it.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Any suggestions? I'm very meh on this sale so far. I'm tending towards Distant Worlds or Elex... maybe. Into the Breach if it's any good.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The combat seems megabroken. Damn interface is crap. Graphics no biggie. Game needs tweaking esp in combat to make me even consider it. That room navigation seems to be shit as well. God Microprose WTF?!?!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Bloodnet is an adventure/RPG hybrid. It has fantastic atmosphere and writing and very intriguing exploration, but it has severely flawed systems. Combat is indeed a mess, interface is clunky as hell and the game can be obscure and unforgiving. It's one of those games that can be very rewarding if you pour many hours into it, figuring it out, BUT that's pretty difficult for a current player. I played it back in the day and it struck a chord, but even so I had a hard time when I went back to it some years ago to make a Let's Play.

I wish someone made a remake. The cyberpunk/vampire setting is fantastic and the writing excellent. The ideas behind the systems are great (TB combat, cybernet exploration, bloodlust survival mechanics, neuro-enhancements) but the execution is a mess.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
What should I remove? D:OS, Samorost and Umderrail seem a bit too expensive?

10opg1c.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In my humble opinion, they are all games that you should play.

Also, your link doesn't show in your post, but it turned up when I quoted it. What wizardry is this?

EDIT: It didn't load, and you should still get all of the games. They are all great.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
My vote would be for D:OS if looking to remove expensive ones, and potentially Samarost 3 depending on how much you like adventure games of course. Underrail is worth it at any price.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I may have gone overboard...

Jagged Alliance

Jagged Alliance 2

Stronghold HD

Master of Orion 1+2

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack

Still Life

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers – 20th Anniversary Edition

SiN Gold

Full Throttle Remastered

Requiem: Avenging Angel

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Damn it GoG. I got an email saying "Shit on your wishlist is on sale!", so I wander over and take a look and the only stuff on my wishlist are the D&D game packs, none of which are on sale. :argh:
Though I do wonder if that means they'll be showing up in the sale later on. I'm also curious if the flash deals are things that WERE on sale then got a brief extra discount, or if they were things that weren't marked down, got the flash sale introduction, then remain in the sale with a weaker discount. If it's the latter then I'd probably be safe if I was gonna grab Thronebreaker.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Damn it GoG. I got an email saying "Shit on your wishlist is on sale!"

I got this as well... again. I figured they'd added a couple more discounts, but they hadn't. Granted, it seems some of the discounts are bigger now (IIRC Guacamelee 2 was 25% off but now it's 40% off) but the real reason they sent me the email is because of their regular shenanigans of changing my preferred currency from USD to EUR. By doing so my wishlist was suddenly full of new prices, and thereby new discounts... hence the email.

EDIT: I checked the prices with that 'master list' that was posted earlier. Guacamelee 2 actually went UP in price and is now going for $14.89 on my wishlist, even though the list has it for $11.99.

But after checking a few more titles, I'm seeing a few titles that went DOWN in price, though only by cents.

The biggest price disrepancy is $5 higher price than the list. Fat chance I'll be making any purchases this time round when they're pulling shit like this.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Damn it GoG. I got an email saying "Shit on your wishlist is on sale!", so I wander over and take a look and the only stuff on my wishlist are the D&D game packs, none of which are on sale. :argh:

Your emails don't specifically show you which wishlist items they're emailing about? Mine do.

Your emails don't specifically show you which wishlist items they're emailing about? Mine do.
They do. And it shows the non-discounted D&D packs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom