Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Atomboy Ok I managed to finish the Death Gang quest, looks like the dialogue option was just a bit hard to find.

But one quest I definitely can't finish is giving Electra a cigarette or booze. I have cigs and a bottle of vodka in my inventory but I don't get the option to give her any of it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just started the game for the first time, I waited for the new patch. Somewhere in this thread I read that assault weapons were good and everythign else inferior especially melee and martial arts. Did that change? I am still udnecided where to put my points for weapon skils first. Also, is it possible to play the game solo without reading up on too much beforehand and without min maxing?

Riffles are the king here just shoot them in eyes/head Comrade. Assault riffles are also good but they eat ammo like crazy, and later on the enemies start to pack heavy armor (so you need to use much more costly AP rounds) and so to use Machine Guns properly you need to go in front of your guys depriving yourself of meat shields and risking pot shots in back. Enemies are also more intelligent here they use cover and when they can't get you they use grenades. SMGs are poor people assault riffles just as in real life and melee weapons will be viable when Power armor will be added cause now when facing 5-6 well armed opponents charging them blade or even chain sword is suicide. Martial arms are good for rats and such early game enemies, pistols are dunno good for your slave if you install mod when you can train her as fighter?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Atomboy Ok I managed to finish the Death Gang quest, looks like the dialogue option was just a bit hard to find.

But one quest I definitely can't finish is giving Electra a cigarette or booze. I have cigs and a bottle of vodka in my inventory but I don't get the option to give her any of it.

You meet the blad' later the night Comrade near the hay stack and there can give her cigs and Vodka. Your Comrade Fidel and your Dad won't be pleased though its not what real Communist would do. :M

You can type the amount of bullets you wish to transfer by Keyboard its not as elegant as Fallout interface but it works well, its good to start the game now with two expansions added and as to weapon well what can I tell you Comrade there are some good pistols (Comrade Kovaliev Makarov), SMGs and even cut down AK-74u but to shoot heavier peaces you need either raise your strength to 6 at least and/or invest heavily in automatic weapons perks tree. STR 4 is your typical fit wombyn strenght so don't expect to be able to shoot machine guns or sniper riffles straight with such low score due to recoil alone:
Yeah, I tried keyboarding in amounts again last night when I loaded it up to play some more and it worked fine, dunno what I was saying at first. Maybe I used the numpad with numlock turned off or something.

I'll fearlessly continue on with my doomed character, regardless of crap character build though! Took the gun trait to boost all my gun skills even though I'm a bit out of luck due to my strength, and then I took sex appeal and even with dumping in a lot of speech I'm still whiffing relatively often due to the penalty to male characters. Sorta working against myself in both my character's strengths, but hey. It'll help me learn! I did have one other minor complaint though, the movement speed on the world map is a bit slow. Other than that, moving along fairly well. Got two rifles, a pistol, and I'm a double agent and just arrived at a farm.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
The craftable pistol with 1 ap cost to shoot was op as fuck early and even mid game last time I finished the game, but that was before the first patch so I don't know how it is now.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Thrusters at full-speed, I'm almost reaching 200kbps. Looking forward to play this on Saturday.

Also, paging bataille for in-depth commentary on the added stuff.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
My shitty Chinese internet still hasn’t finished downloading it.

:negative:

Have you thought about doing a Chinese translation? Given the game’s communist iconography I’m sure it would sell like hot cakes in China, with the added bonus that they wouldn’t be able to influence the game development with their commie crap at all because steam community is blocked in China.

bataille

Arcane
the added stuff.

transparent-thinking-emoji-5.png

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy I killed all three leaders of the Death gang but I don't get the option to tell the old dude who gave me the quest to kill them. When I talk to him I can only ask him about information about the three leaders.
For some reason choice dialogues that were not even added in this patch but made 1000 years ago messed up a little bit.
The 1.101 patch fixes all that. Which reminds me:

New Patch changelog:

- Fixed dialogue bugs in old dialogues;
- Crafting fix - no more weird stuff;
- Doors that were invisible and transparent on the Metro map, are now solid and can be seen with eyes;
- Lava hurts now;
- Minor bugs also fixed;
more to come!

new issues if there's gonna be any
There are always issues, no game is bug-free, at least until our AI overlords awaken. Just spent some time in the tutorial grinding craft junk for early xp and it seems that crafting is bugged. The second item in the slot is not consumed.
This is so true :(
Things that we forgot were in the game broke with the update. Those are fixed now.

Damn, I guess this game is the truth.
Sure is!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Damn, this gives a really good first impression. Got a few super minor complaints regarding interface stuff (When I tried transferring ammo to my buddy in the tutorial for example it appeared I had to individually click up/down for each bullet, no holding the button to scroll and (I think I tried it at least) no entering a number via keyboard. Plus clicking on your weapon to force attack something, you can't right-click to cancel it, have to click on the weapon again) but other than that, really impressed. Done jack-shit so far other than shanking some damn dirty rats and finding DA NUT but feeling really promising. Thinking this'll be much more my cup of tea than Underrail was/is. I played that during my absence from the Codex but I wasn't particularly fond of it due to the heavy focus on crafting (Thus far it seems reasonable to ignore it in Atom, while in Underrail you could technically ignore it but it was heavily, heavily encouraged) and the combat didn't feel as nice to me, and the lack of dialog was a shame. The exploration in Underrail is fantastic, but I dunno. I got significantly further into Underrail than I have in Atom thus far so maybe the bloom will come off the rose a bit, but glad I picked this up. Kind of a shame I waited as long as I did but I did want to finish some of my in-progress shit like Bard's Tale 4.

Oh yeah, I did have one other minor complaint. Didn't realize ranged weapons were so heavily tied to strength until after I'd made my character and got into the tutorial and saw the assault rifle and sniper rifle. Built my character for gun use but he's got a weakling 4 strength so I'll have to see what happens. General idea is to play my bog-standard Fallout character of small guns, lockpick, speech. Took sex appeal even though it'll probably work against me as a dude, but to hell with it. With low strength I may try specializing in pistols if I can get away with it, no idea if that's a legitimate plan in this yet but I guess I'll see what happens! Still need to get my hands on a gun anyway, only crafted a shiv.
Hey! Thanks :) I see the keyboard insertion was already mentioned by another codexer so I'll go with the strength thing. See, if you don't wish to make your char strong in the beginning, you can still make him a rifle / sniper monster in the mid to end game, because we have around 5 stat enhancers in the game. Plus a perk that negates weapon weight. If you're high int, making a char fluent in 2-3 combat styles works, at least for me. Crafting is good, but you do not rely on it as much as in Underrail. It's a really, really good game, but we just have another focus.

Hows the dead city difficulty wise?
Pretty hard for me at least. Does not seem unfair, but some demon fights barely ended in victory.

I'm curious. Why wasn't the release marked as Early Access?
We had this one line in the final steam post that the guys decided to remove, it went along the lines of "The december release was what we wanted to make in the first place, this release is what we made together with the community by listening to it a lot". It's pretty much true. We could just call it a day back then, and call this dead city release Atom Enchanced Edition Super Turbo Golden Baby Turtle Mount and charge for it, but we're not buttholes, so we instead made a series of free DLCs and are only now working on a commercial addon. However, by all rights and the initial script the game stopped being early access when it stopped being early access back in December!

I just started the game for the first time, I waited for the new patch. Somewhere in this thread I read that assault weapons were good and everythign else inferior especially melee and martial arts. Did that change? I am still udnecided where to put my points for weapon skils first. Also, is it possible to play the game solo without reading up on too much beforehand and without min maxing?
It was quite a long time ago. Melee (again, i'm talking about my experience and a few close people who also want to play a game that features firearms with a knife for no reason) works AWESOME! As do some new pistols and the garbage weapons you make with high craft. IMO rifles are among equals on that throne right now, no longer alone.

You know, all that content they just added to Dead City + other stuff.

GrafvonMoltke Chinese will pirate it
Russians won't pirate this cause its cheap and good... or will pirate it and buy later same as Commissar did.
Thanks, Commissar! It's very true. We actually have a lot of very outspoken and helpful community members who have supported us by buying a copy, but started with Atom by pirating it. I sometimes read torrent comment sections, and there's a fair share of such people, who tried the pirated version, liked it, and later helped us out by buying one. Brings a tear to my eye! They are good people.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Atomboy Good to know. I'll get the Atom Enchanced Edition Super Turbo Golden Baby Turtle Mount edition. If you call it anything else, I won't get it (maybe).

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is this game finished and will it be on sale in the Steam summer sale?
Yes and yes! Well the other yes depends on Steam, but we already asked them whether they will let us enter the sale.

Atomboy Good to know. I'll get the Atom Enchanced Edition Super Turbo Golden Baby Turtle Mount edition. If you call it anything else, I won't get it (maybe).
But it's already the Atom Enchanced Edition Super Turbo Golden Baby Turtle Mount edition! It's not called that, is all.

I think the dialog with that barman has more pop culture references than both original fallouts combined
Lol yeah, the first locations are a bit like that. It gets more Artistique later on, like the Sam Hyde portrait and all those 2ch dog whistles and shiet, very kino. Thanks for posting. I love it so much when someone posts a dialogue from early game which I have no memories of writing and I go like wow what was I thinking even? That bear tale cracked me up.

==========

ALSO guys, I talked to the guys and I'll post the avatar portraits some time soon! This year, maybe even this month.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Congratulations Comrade Atomboy for once again going back up to 85% on Steam user reviews! :salute:

ALSO guys, I talked to the guys and I'll post the avatar portraits some time soon! This year, maybe even this month.

Awesome! This will definitely help me with my PnP post-apocalyptic campaigns!

Zer0wing

Cipher
Damn, I guess this game is the truth.
As in, the dialectical category "truth/actuality"(die Wahrheit), the one and only concrete and certain truth? Yes, yes it is. P. accurate representation of 1990s post-soviet, outside of big cities, Russia. Down to mutants, anarchy and other seemingly (but limited to) post-apoc "fun" stuff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom