Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why would it be holiday season?
Cyberpunk is a huge release
Seriously, nothing clicks here? It's a colossal release with a tonne of marketing and hype. It's only natural it will target a November release, which is where most AAA titles desire to be.

Sentinel

Arcane
Cyberpunk is a huge release
Seriously, nothing clicks here? It's a colossal release with a tonne of marketing and hype. It's only natural it will target a November release, which is where most AAA titles desire to be.
No? Witcher 3 released in March. God of War released in April. Bloodborne released in March. Releasing in Q4 isn't mandatory, not to mention that it pretty much excludes your game from a significant number of GOTY contender awards that can be exploited for marketing in an AAA environment.

KK1001

Arbiter
This probably indicates a March-April 2020 release if anything. They still need one big "wow" thing to show at Gamescom or later this year to get the hype train going.

We're going to see a massive graphics downgrade courtesy of the PS4 tho

Zer0wing

Cipher
Some of developers could be making Witcher 4.
Knowing CDPR, they won't touch on AAA Witcher game until they finish last addon for CP2077. We're +- two years away from the announce. That is, if they think they need to develop another Witcher game.
This probably indicates a March-April 2020 release if anything.
That's not how CDPR rolls, however. My money is on either february (when they first planned to release witcher 3) on or may (when they actually released Witcher 2 and 3 after many delays and reworks) because they're not as dumb as Soyny to attend to E3 three times in a row with one game, even if the hype level is getting closer to Halo 2 one, everything has its limits.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
So there will be two E3 presentations, a demo playable by the public and a private showing for journalists. Apparently CDPR is not allowing photography at either of these and will not be uploading any footage themselves.

What the fuck are they afraid of?

Sentinel

Arcane
Another Witcher situation where they show content/graphics that isn't even in the game at final release, maybe?

Probably just a marketing ploy though to maintain interest, since they know they aren't releasing this year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So there will be two E3 presentations, a demo playable by the public and a private showing for journalists. Apparently CDPR is not allowing photography at either of these and will not be uploading any footage themselves.

Pretty sure it's for the sake of the gaming press. The websites will publish what they get, and then later on CD Projekt will publish their own original footage. This happened with Witcher 3 too as I recall.

Swigen

Arbiter

Spoilers

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pretty sure it's for the sake of the gaming press. The websites will publish what they get, and then later on CD Projekt will publish their own original footage. This happened with Witcher 3 too as I recall.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/othe...-be-made-available-on-the-internet/ar-AAC7AgP

CD Projekt RED has planned to showcase two E3 demo presentations this at time around, one will be for E3 attendees and other for the media people. However, none of the people attending this presentation will be allowed to record or take pictures of the gameplay footage being shown.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd guess the game has changed a good bit (and there rumors to that effect), and the transition isn't smoothed out yet, so they don't want the public seeing a rough looking demo? Of course we're living in a world where a few thousand people at Comicon get an exclusive trailer for months, so what the fuck do I know.

typical user

Arbiter
They released first gameplay few days later after showing it to the press behind curtains at Gamescom 2018 IIRC. They will give general public something more, there is no way they will miss on E3 and free marketing.

Gerrard

Arcane
Modding support: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...odding-support.10996483/page-10#post-11541745

I wanted to elaborate on this topic and on that answer in particular. We have no plans to share at the moment. Obviously, we would love to support the modding community in the future, but for the time being we want to focus on releasing the game first. Hopefully, this clears things up a bit.
Yeah, just like they released the editor with Witcher 2 and 3. At least this time they aren't promising shit they won't do.

New consoles. Witcher 3 released in March because of delays, not because it was planned that way.

Sentinel

Arcane
Yeah, and God of War and Bloodborne were also delayed. Your point? Every game releases on X release date because it was delayed. Point is, Q4 isn't a requirement for a very successful release anymore.

Egosphere

Arcane
Imo best way to approach this game will be to treat it like a modern recreation of the Hong Kong level from Deus Ex. Lots of dialogue, lots of places to discover etc. rather than an 'RPG' experience.

KK1001

Arbiter
They've said it themselves that they want to emulate the GTA series, and that's what the game will be: a first-person GTA game with less emphasis on driving and more on interiors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom