Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
There is the Ritual of the Bitter Rose, but that just allows multiple-participant diablerie (also sort of amusingly this is not a six-dot but just three-dot and mentioned to be basically not available since only six copies documenting it are suspected to survive outside the Vienna Chantry).

So much usurper wankery, when the real solution is:

1. unearth a torpid Methuselah
2. use xirs vitae to Embrace a brood (size as required by number of interested parties) Cappadocius-style
3. devour the freshly-embraced, confused, low-gen fledglings, lowering your gen considerably
4. profit (aka: mutliple beneficiaries who will never have to contend with the ancient mind of the Methuselah trying to wrest control of their bodies from them)

Truly, the minds of lesser clans are incapable of fathoming the simplest, yet elegant, solutions.

typical user

Arbiter
If Antediluvians would read this, they sure would bring Gehenna now you sick bastards.

4. profit (aka: mutliple beneficiaries who will never have to contend with the ancient mind of the Methuselah trying to wrest control of their bodies from them)

Wouldn't 4th gen be powerful enough to take over minds of those embraced and through some AIDS magic (and mixture Fortitude or Dominance) infest your mind too after diablerising them?

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If Antediluvians would read this, they sure would bring Gehenna now you sick bastards.

Wouldn't 4th gen be powerful enough to take over minds of those embraced and through some AIDS magic (and mixture Fortitude or Dominance) infest your mind too after diablerising them?
That can supposedly happen yeah, it's supposed to be how one of the clan primogenitors (i forget which one, and who cares really) is still around

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Fifteen years are more than enough time for someone to move north, after all…

World-shrinking nostalgia pandering. :argh:
Eh, LA to Seattle happens an awful lot, though. Something like one NPC out of Bloodlines' dozens having replanted doesn't have to seem forced.

... But you're probably right, anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

That can supposedly happen yeah, it's supposed to be how one of the clan primogenitors (i forget which one, and who cares really) is still around
The stuff regarding diablerie possession is kinda vague and more of a thing brought up as narrative element than a real rule thing, the groundwork rules in regards to it are most often linked to Willpower and Generation rather than disciplines however (though I suppose in V5 Fortitude provided that particular ability is present may factor in). Saulot's soul overwhelmed Tremere after the diablerie in the manner usually described, [Lasombra] simply left his material body to enter the Void, Tzimisce was never succesfully diablerized, Ilyes may or may not have jumped 5000 years into the future using Temporis, and Cappadocius did nothing because he looks like Santa.

RickOmbo

Learned
In the first VtMB, looking for blood dispensers is a boring distraction that pad the game out. Hope this time around it's more meaningful process. In Vampyr the problem was solved by making the act of bloodsucking a lethal thing for human side.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

But the plan does not involve killing the Methuselah. I don't think the torpid Cainite would have any motivation, and possibly not enough awareness of what's happening, to start influencing the minds of its soon-to-be-devoured progeny.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's what happens when a setting has rules that could be deduced by a savvy person and ruthlessly exploited like that. The only reason it hasn't happened is because the people writing these books only realized this "OH SHIT" somewhere around Requiem entering workshop, and have since just pretended nobody has ever thought of this sort of extremely simple style of powergaming (heck you don't even need a torpid Methuselah for this, you just have to convince them of the idea; or you find a punkass sucka like Lambach Ruthven and strongarm them in on the caper).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
deduced by a savvy person and ruthlessly exploited like that

Savvy and ruthless. Yes. And learned in the ways of our Cainite condition. That is what we Tzimisce are :obviously:

(heck you don't even need a torpid Methuselah for this, you just have to convince them of the idea; or you find a punkass sucka like Lambach Ruthven and strongarm them in on the caper).

More to the point, I can easily imagine Elders, especially Sabbat Elders, offering this sort of arrangement as a boon. "Be a useful little pawn and I shall embrace some poor sod for you to devour."

Vaarna_Aarne

Well they would never ever write that in a splat because it's so utterly ridiculous and gamist it'd be like obliterating the fourth wall.

Egosphere

Arcane
It's not about bewbs. It's the overall art style and the grey lighting, maybe too realistic. It could look different in the game, but VtMB's characters are more colorful.

Boyarsky did mention that they tried to stray away from realism and into a unique art style when making the original. According to him they didn't really succeed. He mentioned Dishonored as an example, as well.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kinda surprised they went with Malkavian, but if the protagonist isn't voiced (like it should be), it won't be that much of a problem, they just have to find wacky and zany ways to show the craziness. I foresee them trying to emulate Bloodlines' Malkavians too closely and just be a repeat of that.

I'm actually happy if your character isn't a complete and utter clown like xir was in the first bloodlines. All the other malkavians in the game talked fairly normally, only your character sounds like a victorian larper.

Vincente

Arbiter
Kinda surprised they went with Malkavian, but if the protagonist isn't voiced (like it should be), it won't be that much of a problem, they just have to find wacky and zany ways to show the craziness. I foresee them trying to emulate Bloodlines' Malkavians too closely and just be a repeat of that.

I'm actually happy if your character isn't a complete and utter clown like xir was in the first bloodlines. All the other malkavians in the game talked fairly normally, only your character sounds like a victorian larper.

It's the defining trait of fishmalks I'd say, so no wonder lulrandumb people want absurd speaking Malkavian again.

On the other hand, I hope they give us option to fail quests in order to make a role-playing experience again, i.e refusing to do Slashterpiece if you're Toreador (which is what I do every single time).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

It's the defining trait of fishmalks I'd say, so no wonder lulrandumb people want absurd speaking Malkavian again.

On the other hand, I hope they give us option to fail quests in order to make a role-playing experience again, i.e refusing to do Slashterpiece if you're Toreador (which is what I do every single time).

Fishmalk he may be, but the way Dev/Null is trolling Pink is, in hindsight, delicious. Ast' a mite stupid name indeed! :lol:

Vincente

Arbiter

Fishmalk he may be, but the way Dev/Null is trolling Pink is, in hindsight, delicious. Ast' a mite stupid name indeed! :lol:

Oh indeed, especially when
he sees through his bs of being a Brujah

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope they give us option to fail quests in order to make a role-playing experience again, i.e refusing to do Slashterpiece if you're Toreador (which is what I do every single time).
Careful. Admitting that you use your imagination when playing RPGs can get you crucified around here. Better not stay within city limits after dark.

McPlusle

Savant
Does this look like an insult to Bloodlines or no? I've intentionally avoided looking at it since its initial announcement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom