Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something I'm working on...

bionicman

Liturgist
Hey, y'all. I'm making a video game like everyone and their grandma is, so I was looking to post updates about it somewhere other than twitter, cause no one cares about me there (not saying that anyone will care here either).

Here's a gif of what it looks like right now:
9FkUgxm.gif

Assuming I'll ever finish the game, it's extremely early in development, by which I mean I recently wrote my own A* pathfinding module in python, cause some that's freely available on the internet sucks.

Anyways, I am planning for the game to be sort of like Baldur's gate in terms of gameplay (pauseable real-time combat), but I always change my mind (when I started working on this game it was gonna be a 2d turn-based game), so who knows?

bionicman

Liturgist
Thanks for all the brofists and compliments, it feels nice to get some feedback. Now I'll go back into my lair and dabble in the dark art that is user interface.

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I think the main issue u have here, and if I can be frank, I think it would benefit you (personally I've learned the hard way that 'effort' doesn't mean intended result, but here you have the effort, so all is left is to hone it to right direction). I know it's early, but from these screenshots, it feels generic, I don't see soul and character. For example, let's say same graphics, right? But you say "this is a game about u taking over a squad of 5 soviet soldiers that were stuck in a bunker with each other for 30 years, and now are going to activate their plan to kill the US president." I think it would give a comedy vibe, an interesting vibe. right now, harsh and assholish as I may sound, I don't see that. There are games out there that look great and play like shit, and there are games that look like shit and play great, but there are also games that stay hidden forever because they're not enticing enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom