Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do you actually want to see a BG made by larian????? I don't.
If there's a 1% chance that it'll turn out ok, what are we losing? Let them make it.

Syl

Cipher
Have we ever battled an actual Kraken in an RPG ever?
Grimoire of course!
2346153-grimoire_the_kraken.png

I bet it will be rated 9/10 on meta-critic
and everyone(codex) will be mega butthurt

Also if they improve on the stupid armor/magic defense duality split so everyone can cc chain

it will be incline

RickOmbo

Learned
It's like releasing a parody as part of a series it's mocking.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As a final dead before my leaving,i decided to spend some shekels on some good rpg like ATOM and Kingdom Come,in case i end up as a albanian organ donor. At least to have done some thing good,maybe god will bless me with some luck :). Anyway see you faggots in 10 days.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
Have we ever battled an actual Kraken in an RPG ever? PoE1's one is pathetic.
There was a Kraken you have to fight in Shining Force 2, got pretty dicey if multiple tentacles ganged up on your units.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As a final dead before my leave i decided to spend some shekels on some good rpg like ATOM and Kingdom Come,in case i end up as a albanian organ donor. At least to have done some thing good,maybe god will bless me with some luck :). Anyway see you faggots in 10 days.
Aren't you drunk most of the time? Who's going to want your organs, even in Albania?

(Have a good and safe trip)

Arulan

Cipher
There are certainly some concerns on the contrast in tone of the Infinity Engine RPGs to that of Divinity, but I think Larian has a lot of potential to make something interesting. I also wouldn't mind seeing Wizards of the Coast invest in more CRPGs from competent developers. A variety of campaigns and modules similar to the Gold Box and Infinity Engine RPGs would be interesting.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
They are definitely related. WOTC will want to cross promote the videogame and PnP campaign.

My money is on it being called Baldurs Gate 3: Descent to Avernus, and they will both release around the same time.

Last edited:

trimethylsilyl

Educated
The kraken fight(s) is actually a quite big part of Divinity OS2, yet you cucks act like you've never seen one in a WRPG. In other words, you clearly haven't played the game, yet you have a shitload of opinions about it.
:shitposting:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The kraken fight(s) is actually a quite big part of Divinity OS2, yet you cucks act like you've never seen one in a WRPG. In other words, you clearly haven't played the game, yet you have a shitload of opinions about it.
:shitposting:

For me it's enough that I've played part 1. Liked some aspects, hated some (particularly itemization, levelling, humor, theme park design). Then I read about part 2 and how some aspect they've managed to make EVEN worse (itemization, levelling) with a bunch of outright retarded ideas added to the mix (armor systems, round robin turn order). So thanks, but no thanks.

Dodo1610

Arcane
My biggest issues with Divinity games were related with their shallow RPG systems most of these should be fixed by using DnD D20.
Divinity games always had these boring classless system where you get attribute points each level up. Though I still believe calling it Baldurs Gate is a mistake.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
There is still no comment from Larian regarding the BG related stuff.
This could mean that the anticipated game is not BG3, but a sound strategy to keep things interesting for them.
In the end we will know for sure when they release the title of their new game.
I keep sceptical!

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
What I want - 2D (!!!); less WACKY, ZANY humor, less humor in general maybe, they can't pull it off; I'm ok with either TB or RT tbh, but slightly prefer TB; less flashy SFX; more time spent low-level; no level scaling; hand-placed unique loot!!!
Isn't world a funny place? You're going to get exactly the opposite.
What is the opposite of "RT or TB"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom