Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

pomenitul

Arbiter
Larian in a nutshell:

face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye.png

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seeing how the title "Baldur's Gate" apparently ties it into the current D&D storyline, the game might be released fairly soon, definitely sometime this year.

Quillon

Arcane
What I want - 2D (!!!);

Heh, half the reason PoE's combat's a clusterfuck is because its 2D/no cam rotation. Granted this game will certainly be TB, 2D wouldn't be much problem but they already have a 3D engine and games that lots of people like in it, why would they abandon what's working for them for some fucking nostalgic reason? They are not dumb af as Obsidian to think that what worked out of technical necessity 20 years ago would please today's audience.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Heh, half the reason PoE's combat's a clusterfuck is because its 2D/no cam rotation. Granted this game will certainly be TB, 2D wouldn't be much problem but they already have a 3D engine and games that lots of people like in it, why would they abandon what's working for them for some fucking nostalgic reason? They are not dumb af as Obsidian to think that what worked out of technical necessity 20 years ago would please today's audience.

A third of the reason is the SFX that cause your eyes to bleed, another third is the atrocious interface, and the third third is it being too fast. It has nothing to do with 2D. And 2D isn't some kind of ancient obsolete style, it's an aesthetic choice, so it's perfectly viable (and better).

Quillon

Arcane
SFX came with the today's tech, even DOS2 has shit tons of it on screen(mostly fire) but being TB and the ability to rotate the cam make it manageable.

2D + RTwP is a kind of "ancient obsolete style", yeah. 2D + TB would work perfectly but Larian won't do it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
SFX came with the today's tech, even DOS2 has shit tons of it on screen(mostly fire) but being TB and the ability to rotate the cam make it manageable.
Or, you know, rein in the SFX, they don't look good, they make everything look like a parody, and they obstruct the view.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope it will have D:OS-style co-op. I don't see a downside to it for single players either, other than the nebulous "time and money better spent elsewhere".

Lacrymas

Arcane
Blizzard's writing pre-WoW wasn't as bad as Larian and Obsidian's. It was very matter-of-fact, some fights happen because of other fights, something ancient evil something, it's over. There's not much there and it's serviceable to get the aforementioned fights going. They had enough ideas to vary the maps and objectives as well. WC3 tried to shake it up a bit with deeper characterizations and I think they were successful at that, everything flowed well together and you knew why everyone is doing whatever it is they are doing, what more can you want in this context? After WC3, everything fell apart, but that's another matter.

RaptorRex888

Learned
Diablo 2 actually had a unique and interesting approach to the way its main story was presented, with your character/s always trailing behind the excellent cutscenes featuring Marius.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Diablo 2 actually had a unique and interesting approach to the way its main story was presented, with your character/s always trailing behind the excellent cutscenes featuring Marius.

Yeah, too bad they decided to repeat Diablo's story of good guy going bad for every other game they made after.

Mortmal

Arcane
To prepare for the Eurocuck humor, shoehorned political messages and obligatory LGBTQ companions, I guess it's finally time to try Beamdog's EE games.
They add really little in their EE edition, however dragonspear is ok if you remove the cringey parts, environments are beautiful combat encounters too. You can even try it on your xbox soon, they will also sell them on consoles in packs at the meager price of 50 euros by bundle...

PsychoFox

Educated
I'm perfectly fine with the way Larian makes games mechanically, but for BG3 i want a serious tone/story with as little wacky humor as possible.

RickOmbo

Learned
Baldur's Gate III is the greatest joke by Larian Studios.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom