Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That guy is fucking terrible. He thinks it's his gear. It's him. He doesn't know how to play, at all. His opponents are trash too, but still do better than him. And while Warriors are considered shit until they get geared up at 60, that doesn't apply to level 30 twink PvP where Warriors can aggressively scale with gear while all the casters are hard-pressed to find any +spell damage or +healing at all.

At low levels anything deals physical damage via weapons were god-like if you found a decent weapon for that level. Ench.shamans were much more broken thanks to having magic on top of it, I remember killing same level magi with 1 frost shock and proced melee attack.
I miss those good'ol unbalanced days. Days before that Arena fuckery...

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter
assmongrel is stupid, looks like a fucking rodent and is terrible at the game, I have no idea how the fuck he has any sort of following, absolute game ruining cancer with all the orbiters

on the other hand soda is hot(i wish he'd breed me tbh) and is actually quite good at the game and like while popular and can organize world pvp he doesnt have loser zoomers giving him free shit, truly the patrician choice

Because his following are even bigger retards than he is. Also sodapoppin is a piece of shit. I'd rather watch assmongoloid instead.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I am just glad I don't derive my enjoyment or disenjoyment from whatever some streamer is doing. :greatjob:

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
MapMan, a problem like that is easily resolved if you play on PvP servers. All you need to do is streamsnipe the streamers (ie. use the stream to locate them and gank the shit out of them through the wonders of world PvP). Today's WoW mods have hair-trigger tempers though so you could get banned, but as long as you get a reasonably wide group of people to world PvP and start ganking streamers (coordinate through vent or whatever the fuck) the streamer will eventually give up on attentionwhoring all over your server. Either the streamers start implementing delays (which are not enough to prevent streamsniping and will annoy the stream chat, reducing their channel's popularity) or they pack up and leave. Honestly you don't even need a stream to snipe someone. All you need is one guy on the other faction using that WoW command that tells you what zone a player is in and you can make some solid guesses based on the zone in question to narrow down their position some more and gank them.

None of this will solve the more gaping problems WoW has, like the banalshitboring combat, ultra-repetitive grinding, extremely slow travel speeds (This is why Warlocks are WoW's taxi), and lazy PvP balance issues. And then there's the fact that probably the overwhelming majority of players on your server will be drooling morons who will wipe your party doing stupid shit over and over again and roll on items they don't need. People these days pretend like classic WoW was some kind of hardcore MMORPG, when in reality it was the ultimate casualfest with a really shitty endgame because that part was designed by EQ nolifers for EQ nolifers.

Hasn't Asmon said already he's going to play on PvE server what it launches?

Absinthe

Arcane
Hivemind, stop being a fucking LARPer.

At low levels anything deals physical damage via weapons were god-like if you found a decent weapon for that level. Ench.shamans were much more broken thanks to having magic on top of it, I remember killing same level magi with 1 frost shock and proced melee attack.
I miss those good'ol unbalanced days. Days before that Arena fuckery...
Those days are not coming back. In 1.4 they nerfed Windfury from 3 bonus attacks to 2 (also WF will no longer proc off itself) and in 1.11 they cut windfury's bonus attack power by half. Windfury was determined to be overpowered despite the fact that it failed as a DPS spec in PvE and was a crap spec for PvP since you're basically playing slots hoping for that 20% proc to put you within a margin of victory, not to mention you're playing a melee without without charge or sprint. Classic WoW is 1.12 so enjoy. The good news is that since the Blizzard balance team does not understand the game they were balancing, they believed enhance was the PvP spec and nerfed it when in reality the best Shaman PvP spec was 30/0/21 elemental which does surprisingly high damage, cannot be kited, and has much better heals.

Hasn't Asmon said already he's going to play on PvE server what it launches?
I expected streamers would roll PvE, honestly. So play a PvP server and your server will probably never have to deal streamers. Instead you just have to deal with a 40% rogue server population up your ass, but you could always be the rogue. Or a druid, but then you need to raid for gear.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I suspect Windfury was nerfed because of the totem. Enh shaman was never a good spec in vanilla, be it PvP or PvE, it was a one-trick pony that heavily relied on RNG and it had nothing else going for it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Considering the Beta is capped at 30, Warriors should be doing monster damage compared to other classes since you can do the Berserker Stance quest line in Arathi Highlands and get the Whirlwind Axe which is pretty much a level 40 weapon. They should be gibbing lifebars.

GrainWetski

Arcane
All streamers are from the US.

Europe is free from this disease.
Yeah, I'm not worried. All the big streamers are definitely from NA, so we'll at least be free from Assmongoloid and the other retards running around with 500 people helping them.

Parabalus

Arcane
I want to play but I can't take the grind anymore. I might pop in for world PvP

Having the same thoughts myself. Considering you either need to raid or grinds premade BGs to get decent gear the hours required are pretty steep.

I suspect Windfury was nerfed because of the totem. Enh shaman was never a good spec in vanilla, be it PvP or PvE, it was a one-trick pony that heavily relied on RNG and it had nothing else going for it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I want to play but I can't take the grind anymore. I might pop in for world PvP

Having the same thoughts myself. Considering you either need to raid or grinds premade BGs to get decent gear the hours required are pretty steep.
Eh, not really. It depends on how active you want to be. PvP gear is a grindfest and I don't recommend it. Vanilla PvP is terrible in general and there's no way to test your skills, it's just an almost endless grind. As for raids, you can only log in for 3 hours a week and do the current content, it's not that big of a deal. But if your guild wants you to run every raid, it can get very time-consuming. The guild as an entity does need to farm every raid throughout the whole vanilla, MC for bindings, BWL for elementium and some BiS gear, ZG for enchants, AQ20/40 for books and idols, world bosses for BiS items. Only Onyxia doesn't drop anything that is always needed if you don't rotate your raid roster, since you need her scales for the cloak. When I played in Kronos, I didn't want to raid anything other than current tier and I didn't. I was low priority for drops due to that, however, even though I was there from the start and never missed a raid, so it depends on your loot council. I eventually got everything I wanted, though, so it's just a matter of time and patience.

As for consumable grinding, if you grind everything, it's time-consuming. If you play the AH, it's not only incredibly faster and more efficient, but also fun. So, yeah, the grind is overstated in the sense there are ways around it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
When I played in Kronos, I didn't want to raid anything other than current tier and I didn't. I was low priority for drops due to that, however, even though I was there from the start and never missed a raid, so it depends on your loot council. I eventually got everything I wanted, though, so it's just a matter of time and patience.
This is a necessary rule because as you continually gear people up (including newer people) you need enough raiders to do some amount of older content.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, I know why they do it, I just didn't like it and didn't do it. It just becomes too much with ZG, Ony and AQ20 resetting every 3 days or so, and you still have to do MC, BWL, AQ40 and eventually Naxx during the week. I had, and still have, limited time to play, and I don't want it consumed only by WoW raids. My point was that it's possible to not no-life it every day and still be very well geared, it just takes a little bit more time due to guild politics.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I got the impression there are several specs that are significantly easier to gear than others for PvP (Elementals apparently only need R10?).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom