Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They're running out of character ideas and countries already. How are they gonna put 100 characters in this shitty game?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Is time... fo special guests

3075723-screen%20shot%202019-01-16%20at%2010.21.01%20pm.png

Solid_2_295.jpg

Ultra_instinct_Shaggy_scooby_doo_dragon_ball_crossover.jpg

Puukko

Arcane
Played this game a ton last year and less so recently, exclusively in a casual capacity as I've never felt the need to go ranked. I would say the DLC operators have been a mixed bag in terms of design from both a gameplay perspective as well as character design. I don't mind the waifus really, but a 50/50 male/female split is laughably unrealistic and they've gone the muh diversity route with terrible designs such as Clash and Gridlock. Thematically, I wish they'd dial back the scifi stuff that's blatantly impossible with current technology - I'm willing to cut plenty of slack, but stuff like nanomachines, humming radar shenanigans and magical footprint tracking steps beyond the boundary of even remotely believable for a modern setting. That is not to say these ops aren't fun to play, but they set a bad precedent. Universal gadgets in particular should never have been added. Being able to affect everyone on the enemy team save for those standing near jammers with the press of a button does not make for good design, even if the gadgets aren't OP. Considering how many times they had to tweak Lion, they're a nightmare to balance too.

Complaints aside though, the game has managed to keep me and my mates hooked for 4 hour sessions. The gameplay loop and risk/reward ratio work well imo. Siege has been my only real MP FPS for quite a while.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I would say the DLC operators have been a mixed bag in terms of design from both a gameplay perspective as well as character design. I don't mind the waifus really, but a 50/50 male/female split is laughably unrealistic and they've gone the muh diversity route with terrible designs such as Clash and Gridlock. Thematically, I wish they'd dial back the scifi stuff that's blatantly impossible with current technology - I'm willing to cut plenty of slack, but stuff like nanomachines, humming radar shenanigans and magical footprint tracking steps beyond the boundary of even remotely believable for a modern setting. That is not to say these ops aren't fun to play, but they set a bad precedent. Universal gadgets in particular should never have been added. Being able to affect everyone on the enemy team save for those standing near jammers with the press of a button does not make for good design, even if the gadgets aren't OP.
Oh, you're in for a treat.
http://archive.fo/EniQy
With Rainbow Six Siege’s Phantom Sight update on the horizon, Ubisoft’s flagship shooter is deep into its fourth yet of regular updates and support. However, it’s also changed focus, moving from a more militarised FPS with different operators to a more outlandish hero shooter.

“I could see that happening. You’re talking about the legacy of the operators. When we designed the game we made the operators part of a unit: Spetsnaz, SAS, the GIGN. Now though, we want every character to have a unique personality.” Remy adds that while they used to try to make every character feel like part of the unit they belong to, the team has since moved away from that philosophy somewhat.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if, in the future, we decide we want to revisit these legacy characters, one after the other probably, to make them stand out a little bit more as characters in their own right.” added Remy. However, with no timeline for this suggested, it’s likely that any reworks will come in Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 5 content.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I personally don't mind the sci-fi ability design, but I really hate how a lot of recent operators were made to affect the players directly, not the environment. My most favorite ops are Sledge, Valkyrie, Buck and Mira, all intel gathering and soft breaching operators that highlight why Siege is different than its counterparts, and these ops themselves do require a degree of map knowledge and player's finesse to not become a nuisance. Meanwhile ops like Dokk, Nomad, Lesion, Lion, Finka have gadget that don't seem to own any downside whatsoever, it's really difficult to play in the wrong way with them.

Puukko

Arcane
I would say the DLC operators have been a mixed bag in terms of design from both a gameplay perspective as well as character design. I don't mind the waifus really, but a 50/50 male/female split is laughably unrealistic and they've gone the muh diversity route with terrible designs such as Clash and Gridlock. Thematically, I wish they'd dial back the scifi stuff that's blatantly impossible with current technology - I'm willing to cut plenty of slack, but stuff like nanomachines, humming radar shenanigans and magical footprint tracking steps beyond the boundary of even remotely believable for a modern setting. That is not to say these ops aren't fun to play, but they set a bad precedent. Universal gadgets in particular should never have been added. Being able to affect everyone on the enemy team save for those standing near jammers with the press of a button does not make for good design, even if the gadgets aren't OP.
Oh, you're in for a treat.
http://archive.fo/EniQy
With Rainbow Six Siege’s Phantom Sight update on the horizon, Ubisoft’s flagship shooter is deep into its fourth yet of regular updates and support. However, it’s also changed focus, moving from a more militarised FPS with different operators to a more outlandish hero shooter.

“I could see that happening. You’re talking about the legacy of the operators. When we designed the game we made the operators part of a unit: Spetsnaz, SAS, the GIGN. Now though, we want every character to have a unique personality.” Remy adds that while they used to try to make every character feel like part of the unit they belong to, the team has since moved away from that philosophy somewhat.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if, in the future, we decide we want to revisit these legacy characters, one after the other probably, to make them stand out a little bit more as characters in their own right.” added Remy. However, with no timeline for this suggested, it’s likely that any reworks will come in Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 5 content.
Exactly what I was concerned about. Just don't make it a hero shooter with quirky personalities, that market is already full.

typical user

Arbiter

What the fuck? Blackbeard, Echo and Dokk at trash tier? What is this punk smoking?

Blackbeard can soak up a direct headshot with his shield, Echo can stop last minute push and has two cameras which can be used after he is dead. Tachanka rated godtier, that is fucking troll video.

Go with this and don't listen to that faggot on Youtube with his cringe memes:
c8q0672xqu231.png

Isn't perfect, but at least it gives a general idea how easy or efficient certain operators are. Castle is low because Pulse exists and almost every new Castle players just castle off objective making it harder for defenders to win. Kapkan could be higher since his traps can win a round during last push with 15 seconds left but that thing is based around ranked stats (so for that reason just ignore Nokk and Warden until people figure out their place).

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
You know there's something wrong about saying that Echo is low tier when he gets insta-banned in every single match in ranked mode.

PD: I would place Ash in the S tier too. The ACOG nerf was useless, in fact it was beneficial to force her to use short sights since she's an entry fragger.

every time i see this game on sale my interest rises, then i remember that it'd take hundreds, thousands of hours to unlock all the muppets and stop myself from buying it. now it turns out that the game is going to become an overwatch clone.
w.
t.
f.

Irata

Scholar
I don't think R6 has any I WIN buttons like Overwatch supposedly has. Plus, you have to at least aim in R6.
They probably realize there is more money in wacky cosmetics than realistic ones. Everyone loves funny hats!

Pretty disconcerting that they'd love to have everyone play together though. You'd either have to purposely hinder mouse players or really boost controller players to make it fair.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
every time i see this game on sale my interest rises, then i remember that it'd take hundreds, thousands of hours to unlock all the muppets and stop myself from buying it.

It takes a week or something to unlock the 20 basic operators, and you hardly need anyone other than them.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
They changed the operators system. Now everyone has the vanilla characters, no matter the version of the game you bought in the past (I picked the started edition). Now you only can unlock with renown and pay for the DLC ones.

Silva

Arcane
There's something really addicting in this game about trying new operators for real. I mean, I'm trying Mozzie serious now for the first time, trying to learn his tricks and all, and it's like the maps were all new again because now I get to think through his particular abilities/gadgets and this means studying maps under a different new angle.

Every time I pick a new operator it's like that. The exception are those operators whose abilities are pretty basic, like say, Rook for example.

Anyone else has this feeling?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
A decent gimmick, but only if they limit it to weapons befitting of the period like revolvers, lever actions and shotguns. Then this game might actually be about aim for once, not just going metafag 3speed and spraying at the head.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A decent gimmick, but only if they limit it to weapons befitting of the period like revolvers, lever actions and shotguns.
They did, the mode only has the French revolver and the Korean slug shotgun.

I like to think this is a cheeky teaser for the next Call of Juarez game :M

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm watching R6 Esports and it looks chaotic and based on environment destruction.

One guy with the shotgun was shooting at the floor for the entire round.

If that is gameplay then I don't know ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom