Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Xeon

Augur
I think someone said some monsters have true seeing or something at all times like Liches and Dragons so hiding from them is useless, Liches can be hidden from by using Protection from Undead but SCS makes Liches cast area spells and dispell magic to either kill you or find you which is pretty cool to see.

Codex Year of the Donut
Realistically playing this without Keldorn or an Inquisitor PC would be a nightmare.
Nah, Korgan dressed in resistance gear and raging is better.
Still need to deal with all the physical immunities with require you to deal with the spell immunities which requires you to deal with spell trap which requires you to deal with abjuration immunity (blocks dispel, remove with RRR), etc.,
Admittedly I'm not well versed with Korgan as I've never played an evil party yet but having an inquisitor really simplifies it

hell bovine

Arcane
Realistically playing this without Keldorn or an Inquisitor PC would be a nightmare.
Nah, Korgan dressed in resistance gear and raging is better.
Still need to deal with all the physical immunities with require you to deal with the spell immunities which requires you to deal with spell trap which requires you to deal with abjuration immunity (blocks dispel, remove with RRR), etc.,
Admittedly I'm not well versed with Korgan as I've never played an evil party yet but having an inquisitor really simplifies it
There are ways around the buffs, though with Korgan it's a matter of him basically being able to outlast them.

laclongquan

Arcane
What level do you recommend for the Red Wizards? Because, even with dispel magic and protections I can’t do it. I’m a level 5.

I do have the Wand of Monster Summoning, so I can try that I guess. Oh, shit the Monster summoning wand sucks cause of SCS I’m guessing because I thought you could summon a shitton but the mod fixed it I think.

Use some combo:

Get skeletons up their faces and while they are busy dealing with them, throw stinking cloud at their feet.

If you dont have skeletons, get other summons up their face and throw web/entangle at their feet.

This combo dont use more than 5 at once. If they run out you can summon more.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Also: Does SCS allow mages to bypass scrolls of magic protection?. My recent playthrough with the Drizzt Saga did, and I wasn't impressed. I blame Lilura for not mentioning it in her review.

IIRC SCS v 32 gives you a few options on how to handle this. The scrolls can be removed from the game, limited to some very low number, and you have the option of modifying spellstrike to take down prot from mag. This means enemies with spellstrike (any high level mage battles worth a damn) will be able to pierce it.

I've played BG1 w/ SCS much more recently than BG2, but I think my preferred way of playing was to dramatically limit the number of scrolls, but keep PfM immune to spellstrike.

Codex Year of the Donut
Friendly reminder that many things related to non-UI mods are saved as part of your savefile(pop it open in NI to see for yourself), and to not upgrade mods in the middle of a play-through.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So, I started over in BG2, so I could use the actual companions and I can’t get past the starting dungeon, because resting is impossible, I get ambushed no matter what. I can’t recover spells.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I turned on harder starting dungeon witch prevents resting. I’ll probably just haste through and skip shit, cause I’m trash and can’t kill these fucking dwarfs.

:negative:

Codex Year of the Donut
So, I started over in BG2, so I could use the actual companions and I can’t get past the starting dungeon, because resting is impossible, I get ambushed no matter what. I can’t recover spells.
You installed the SCS component that makes the starter dungeon harder. You get to rest once.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
You installed the SCS component that makes the starter dungeon harder. You get to rest once.
That was a mistake. Did you turn it on?

Codex Year of the Donut
That was a mistake. Did you turn it on?
Here's my weidu.log
Code:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v27rc1
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v27rc1
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2390 // Paladins Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables (grogerson): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables (grogerson): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3093 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3293 // Personalize automatic save names -> Use scheme: 000000000-(Protagonist) Save-Name: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3341 // Increase party movement speed outside combat -> By 100 percent: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: Internal working version, unsupported
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: Internal working version, unsupported
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // Slightly adjust the power or location of some too-powerful items: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4174 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 120,000 gold pieces: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix): v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v32 RC10
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v32 RC10
~THEPICTURESTANDARD/THEPICTURESTANDARD.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Main -> Vanilla: 0.71
~THEPICTURESTANDARD/THEPICTURESTANDARD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Followers -> Vanilla: 0.71
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Mods Options: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Adul's Better Quick Loot: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // lefreut's Improved Record Screen: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // lefreut's Improved Inventory Screen -> With Item Comparison: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Adul's Smooth Selling: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Bubb's Store Extension: 3.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // lefreut's Tooltip Scroll: 3.2
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: Internal working version, unsupported
~LIGHTINGPACK/SETUP-LIGHTINGPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shader script files for lighting control -> Moderately increased contrast, brightness and gamma (recommended): v2.4
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> All available options: 2.2
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Journal Fixes and Tweaks -> Mr2150's Journal Fixes: 3.2

I also use a custom version of the SCS party AI(#5000) tweaked for my purposes. The SCS party AI just does out of combat convenience stuff.

agris

Arcane
Patron
This mod might be of interest to people, btw. It fixes one of my biggest complaints: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71763/trap-detection-recovery-evasion
Specifically, the 'fast trap detection' part. Traps are spotted when you move into range instead of once per round so you don't have to move two steps then wait.
Have you used it for very long? I've found that the mods posted as attachments to Beamdog's forums tend to very amateurish in their coding, and thus buggy.

Codex Year of the Donut
This mod might be of interest to people, btw. It fixes one of my biggest complaints: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71763/trap-detection-recovery-evasion
Specifically, the 'fast trap detection' part. Traps are spotted when you move into range instead of once per round so you don't have to move two steps then wait.
Have you used it for very long? I've found that the mods posted as attachments to Beamdog's forums tend to very amateurish in their coding, and thus buggy.
the author(kjeron) is the author of a few mods included with BWS(now EE mod setup)
worked fine for me, I just forgot to install it this time and didn't want to mess up my save when I remembered I forgot to install it

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Strantar

Novice
So, not only SCS got an update (ver. 32 is out), but the author of that mod has also updated Ascension!

:D:D:D
Be careful still with the Ascension update. It has already 3 bugfixing updates on the first day of release. SCS v32 went through 10 big Release Candidates before it went to V32 Final. DavidW is surely a great modder but a very bad tester. So be prepared to help him find bugs if you use the new version at this point already.

Yosharian

Arcane
Has anyone used Project Infinity?

I'm thinking about doing a BG1+BG2+ToB run.

Thinking about using the original editions from GoG, since they supposedly run better than the EEs (and also I don't want to touch the EE content with a fucking 10ft. pole).

Not sure how to go about building a decent mod list and what software to use to facilitate the installation/running of the games.

Last time I dipped into BG1 I couldn't believe how stuttery the game was. Not at all how I remembered it. I guess I've been ruined by modern games and 144Hz refresh rates.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Last time I dipped into BG1 I couldn't believe how stuttery the game was.
Ambient sounds have caused stuttering on BG1+TotSC (original engine) since WinXP SP3 days at least. Thankfully the fix is easy; you only have to turn ambient sounds all the way down.

BG1:EE doesn't have this bug obviously, although it does have the horrendous beamdog UI and content. I recommend using these if you use the EE (in this order):
To be fair though, there is little reason to play BG1:EE unless you're really into modding. The new version of the IE has some core features un-hardcoded that make certain mods possible (like expanded dual- and multi-class options), while the BG2 kits also the make the game easier and the poor handling of resolution makes the game look ugly.

Honestly, if you have access to BG1 and don't mind turning ambient sounds off, I would just play it that way.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
By the way, mayhap one of you knowledgable gentlemen knows, who came up with the whole Bhaalspawn idea? Was it BioWare or WotC?

TSR started time of troubles to explain shift from 1st to 2nd ed. Book trilogy featured Bhaals death.

Yeah I know about his death. What I am asking about is specifically his plan to survive it.

Cael

Arcane
By the way, mayhap one of you knowledgable gentlemen knows, who came up with the whole Bhaalspawn idea? Was it BioWare or WotC?

TSR started time of troubles to explain shift from 1st to 2nd ed. Book trilogy featured Bhaals death.

Yeah I know about his death. What I am asking about is specifically his plan to survive it.
That was purely made up for BG.

Even later books never mentioned it. On the other hand, Bane did come back via his kid, which was the Big Bad behind IWD2 (Ixtu Zvim, or whatever the hell he wants to call himself).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom