Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Get woke, go broke.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Right, Beamdog's website has some interesting art, possibly related to that non-D&D weird western game (likely unmade).

Monster bank robbers:

ShootOut-Colors_Hq0RJsO.width-1920.jpg

Evil vampire hunters killing an innocent sleeping vampire:

BD_Vampire_1_spFglsO.2e16d0ba.fill-2000x1000.jpg

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yo I ain't down with those vampires but killing a sleeping man is a BITCH move. Literally the sucker punch of the vampire world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo I ain't down with those vampires but killing a sleeping man is a BITCH move. Literally the sucker punch of the vampire world.
Then again if a vampire ain't smart enough to booby trap his lair, and employ appropriate alarms and security, he deserves what he's getting.

Generic-Giant-Spider

WE MUST HAVE RULES FOR IN-HOUSE SLAUGHTER.

WE CANNOT KEEP INVADING CAVES AND CRYPTS LIKE SAVAGES.

Vote Generic-Giant-Spider for mayor 2020.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From an article about pre-EA history of Bioware told by Trent Oster:

Most of Beamdog's titles—Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition—are coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch this year.

Those releases are only "step two" in Oster's plan for Beamdog. In addition to the recent release of Axis & Allies 1942 Online, based on the classic board game, Beamdog will likely take its expertise and work on a new RPG.

"We've got that whole team working on the console stuff. When the consoles are done, they are going to build something. What it is, I'm not sure yet. But we've been elbows deep in some of the best western RPGS for the last eight or nine years. That's just been training. It's been building up our skills. Now that we've been that far into the DNA of RPGs, I think we're going to do something RPG," he admits.

Beamdog CM has been implied in the forums their next thing will probably be an original IP than a licensed one.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
From an article about pre-EA history of Bioware told by Trent Oster:

Most of Beamdog's titles—Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition, and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition—are coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch this year.

Those releases are only "step two" in Oster's plan for Beamdog. In addition to the recent release of Axis & Allies 1942 Online, based on the classic board game, Beamdog will likely take its expertise and work on a new RPG.

"We've got that whole team working on the console stuff. When the consoles are done, they are going to build something. What it is, I'm not sure yet. But we've been elbows deep in some of the best western RPGS for the last eight or nine years. That's just been training. It's been building up our skills. Now that we've been that far into the DNA of RPGs, I think we're going to do something RPG," he admits.

Beamdog CM has been implied in the forums their next thing will probably be an original IP than a licensed one.
Siege of Dragonsphere was garbage. If that was any indication, the new IP will be too.

Sacibengala

Prophet
The only thing original that they are capable of and keeps delivering as the time passes is the talent of not going bankrupt, unfortunately.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New-ish job posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1482628669/

Senior Game Designer

Beamdog is looking for an experienced game designer to help us to move forward and design the next generation of Beamdog titles. Your knowledge of game play mechanics and control interfaces will be invaluable as you work on with a team experienced in classic titles like Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on new and exciting projects.

• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
  • Knowledge and understanding of CRPG systems

Tigranes

Arcane
10 years 'learning' by cashing in on existing classics, and now maybe they might create something, it might be good, it might be not, who knows?

Trent's next career move should be to Facebook, so Mark can finally delegate to somebody the job of saying "we fucked up [insert country / thing] massively, it was a learning experience, we'll do better next time, did you know I started Facebook at a dorm?"

Ninjerk

Arcane
New-ish job posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1482628669/

Senior Game Designer

Beamdog is looking for an experienced game designer to help us to move forward and design the next generation of Beamdog titles. Your knowledge of game play mechanics and control interfaces will be invaluable as you work on with a team experienced in classic titles like Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on new and exciting projects.

• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
  • Knowledge and understanding of CRPG systems
"classic titles" :lol:

Neerasrc

Learned
If Beamdog is going to make a new game, it is developing with Classic IE mechanics. (Integrating codes into unreal engine) The unreal engine is not a mechanically advanced engine. (In terms of RPG of course we will see the level more clearly when the Outer worlds come out.)

I'm really bored of copy and paste games. If they can't build a kingdom system (At least innovation in the game) like Pathfinder , I think they shouldn't.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Right, Beamdog's website has some interesting art, possibly related to that non-D&D weird western game (likely unmade).

Monster bank robbers:

ShootOut-Colors_Hq0RJsO.width-1920.jpg

Evil vampire hunters killing an innocent sleeping vampire:

BD_Vampire_1_spFglsO.2e16d0ba.fill-2000x1000.jpg

You know, if Beamdog had genuinely kicked out the trash, and David Gaider had got his mojo back (or someone just shuved a unicorn dildo up his ass to distract him from any SJWism) I may have considered buying that cowboy/undead themed RPG.
It reminds me of a silly horror film from the 90s where this kid befriends a cowboy skeleton to lift a curse on a house. I just can't put my finger on the title, or what the art style reminds me of.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I'll buy the game provided they can explain to me what a Beamdog is. A dog that shoots laser beams from its ass? A dog with a beaming smile?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom