Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Cael

Arcane
I see you've earned your title. I don't see how it's at all controversial to say that ESO is the best Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind considering the two since have been dogshit. At least the MMO has some depth to it. A lot of depth actually.
To reference a title given by infinishill for kicking his tranny boyfriend in the dick proves you are a shill. You both think on the same wavelength.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I see you've earned your title. I don't see how it's at all controversial to say that ESO is the best Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind considering the two since have been dogshit. At least the MMO has some depth to it. A lot of depth actually.
Man, I wouldn't claim a game where you can't even jump is better than something like Skyrim, MMOs are cancer, the combat on pretty much most of them is a disease that burn your neurons, all classes are balanced for PvP, meaning, that cool lighting elemental that you could call and have on your side is nerfed into a DPS spell and this is valid for pretty much everything, ESO has Oblivion style level scaling as well, something so retarded that even Bethesda removed in part on Skyrim. Nope, single player games all the way, MMOs are just skinner boxes disguised as games to prey on impulse driven retarded people like cassinos, that crap needs to die.

Poseidon00

Arcane
For what it's worth everyone I know that bought it is still playing (myself included) so I believe it. Especially surrounding updates no matter how content-light they are.
Am I really supposed to not believe that millions of people continue to pick up the new Fallout game for $15-$30 at their local retailers either?

Why are you even here? Begone, peasant.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
For what it's worth everyone I know that bought it is still playing (myself included) so I believe it. Especially surrounding updates no matter how content-light they are.
Am I really supposed to not believe that millions of people continue to pick up the new Fallout game for $15-$30 at their local retailers either?

I bought it but I uninstalled after a few hours in beta and forgot to charge back :(

Someone said devs from ultima online were working on it and I got super hype. Last time I make that mistake

Okagron

Prophet
It's not how you launch, it's what it becomes
It's both. First impressions matter a lot and the launch of this game was a complete disaster. I honestly can't believe Todd Howard said this and kept a straight face but then again, he's one of the biggest charlatans of the industry. Always making shitty excuses for his games and hyping said games with lies. And this time there wasn't a mod community to fix their crap because Bethesda apparently bans people for using mods.

Last edited:

ZeniBot

Cipher
He basically admitted to Bethesda selling Early Access trash, in fact even worse than that, admitted they SHOULD have called it early access and intentionally lied about the product they were selling.
His point about launching is the single handed most stupidest thing I've ever heard a project lead say and its obvious he no longer commands projects, he merely "Announces" them and lets his team deal with the mess (in the same vein as Peter Molyencuck did, in fact his behaviour is almost identical).

I'm going to be happy when indies stop looking up to this fraud of a human being. I've watched a video he did once for GDC where he basically says the art of designing for RPGs is simply to cut down and simplify as much as the mechanic as possible. Treating it like its a good thing for people to do that, despite the fact that RPGs should be getting MORE complex not simpler. He builds action games, he should stop telling people bullshit and just admit that he makes over glorified ego shooters because he's butthurt at everyone that ever worked at Origin for some reason, Maybe Romero made him his bitch once.. I dunno.

edit:

Todd is a fucking idiot. No further evidence required. God damn is he an idiot. "NO WE WERE JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED! WE INTENTIONALLY RELEASED A BAD GAME! WE MEANT TO DO THAT!"

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
He builds action games, he should stop telling people bullshit and just admit that he makes over glorified ego shooters
I only wish he had stuck with making Terminator games. Imagine Future Shock in Fallout 4 engine and remove the farce that is the RPG/story stuff. That would be pretty neat.

xcVR5sM.png

ZeniBot

Cipher

Also its alarming as fuck to hear Todd say "You have all these people that bought skyrim (like 6 fucking times) and we're thinking well they bought the game but that's it. So how are we going to 'interact' with them going forward".
And here we go. You thought Paid mods was bad enough turns out Todd has something even worse planned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom