Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher W3EE - Overhaul mod to TW3 that fixed everything that was wrong with vanilla game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haplo, dude, are you gonna just spam disagree emotes or are you gonna contribute here? I've been asking about how EE handles progression and difficulty curve for a few weeks now and I still can't get a straight answer goddamit.
I simply oppose the idea that level scaling is good...
I don't know about Ghost Mode, but vanilla W3 has like the worst, most offensive type of level scaling too: not just bloated stats/hp, but also severe damage reduction/multiplication depending on level.
And just when you think things can't possibly be worse, there's also the awfull level scaled equipment...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Haplo, dude, are you gonna just spam disagree emotes or are you gonna contribute here? I've been asking about how EE handles progression and difficulty curve for a few weeks now and I still can't get a straight answer goddamit.
I don't know about Ghost Mode, but vanilla W3 has like the worst, most offensive type of level scaling too: not just bloated stats/hp, but also severe damage reduction/multiplication depending on level.
And just when you think things can't possibly be worse, there's also the awfull level scaled equipment...

I don't think you know what level scaling means. The mobs are not scaled to your level, they simply HAVE levels. Big difference. Level scaling is incest. Mobs having levels has been a thing since the dawn of RPG.

Forcing levels on equipment is pure idiocy tho, I give you that.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Right, been a while since I've played it.
Having levels is an RPG tradition, but heavy damage scaling based on relative level, like Witcher does, is anathema for me. No reason to be untouchable/fodder because of a 5 level difference. Its stupid.

Because Geralt doesn't stay at level 1? Geralt grows? Geralt progresses? Geralt gets better? Which is the whole point of playing an RPG - you know, grow your character?

And if Geralt grows while the mobs stay the same? What's the math here?

But I'm saying the same shit for like the 5th time now so it's time to stop.

The progression of Geralt is separate from the level of Geralt. Level in TW gives bonuses on its own.

I don't think you know what level scaling means. The mobs are not scaled to your level, they simply HAVE levels. Big difference. Level scaling is incest. Mobs having levels has been a thing since the dawn of RPG.

Forcing levels on equipment is pure idiocy tho, I give you that.

Damage is scaled based on level. e.g. the exact same Geralt wielding the same equipment hitting a monster 5 levels under him does insane damage for no reason other than the level difference. This is dumb. Having level affect damage is just the cheap way out to make fake difficulty. Imagine if a full auto minigun in Fallout did 5 damage to an unarmored human because they were 5 levels above you. That's dumb.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That was actually my concern - how they dealt with the progression curve. The stuff about "a drowner is always a drowner" sure sounds great on paper but what happens when you put 50 or 70 or 100 hours in the game? All those drowners you struggled with in the first few hours - do you mow them down by the dozens now? If yes, that's incredibly boring. And if not....what the fuck is the point then? Where does the progression come from?

Personally after that many hours I'd prefer to mow through everything that isn't very late-game specific content. "God mode" at the end of an RPG is an enjoyable time for me, as long as the actual end boss type shit is still interesting. Not only does it give you that powerful feeling of your effort paying off, but also I'm usually well past ready to be done with the game by that point and it makes the sprint to the finish less annoying.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

hey i thought i provided a pretty good, straight answer. To reiterate:

there is character progression that is fairly similar to vanilla except you progress the specific subset of skill by using it (e.g using a lot of fast attacks progresses fast attack, using a lot of igni progresses igni. "general" traits in this mod seem to be progressed by game progress) and then spend points in the talents/bonuses you see want.

then there is mechanics/player skill progression, i.e getting better at the game like any other action game. Theres also equipment progression I suppose, because unlike vanilla different gear actually makes a huge difference, but moreso in the sense of appropriate tactical choices rather than simple linear x is better than y progression.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So I decided to start anew after all. Seemed to be working with my old save... but... starting with nearly end-game equipment and many points in stats, maxed martial tree for example, would kinda defeat the purpose.

So yeah, fist encounter with ghouls with Vesemir... 10+ reloads... drowners by the village guarding some chests (with steel chains...) ....10+ reloads. Fun. Although eventually I dialed it back to "Easy" from the highest difficulty of "Normal". Seems more manageable this way, although one moment of poor concentration, some mistakes and Geralt's dead.
I'm starting to parry and/or riposte monsters and "bend" attacks. It's slow but... satisfying.

I do think it's the "right" way to play the game.

But it's a big game and... well... I'm not in a hurry to finish it, got plenty of other stuff to do. So it could take me ages to finish. But I like what I'm seeing so far - A LOT.

The Witcher 3 was a bittersweet experience for me. Great graphics, world, dialogues, atmosphere but pretty terrible systems - particularly itemization and levelling with its terrible force/defence multipliers.
The mod seems to fix most of what was wrong with the game. With this mod, it just might be a masterpiece after all.

Perkel

Arcane
w3ee requires completely new start and it does not work correctly with NG+ from what i know.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So yeah, fist encounter with ghouls with Vesemir... 10+ reloads... drowners by the village guarding some chests (with steel chains...) ....10+ reloads.

eventually I dialed it back to "Easy"

That's what I suspected all along. If monsters have fixed levels then they must be autistically difficult at the start in order to retain at least some challenge mid or late game.

Perkel

Arcane
That's what I suspected all along. If monsters have fixed levels then they must be autistically difficult at the start in order to retain at least some challenge mid or late game.

Nope it just requires switching how you play game and he choose highest (default) diff for start. Even me who finished TW3 3 times died like 15 times first time i tried it thinking i can just play on highest def like in vanilla.

- First of all w3ee has stamina system so new player will quickly die to it if he doesn't learn not to spam attacks
- Parry, unlike vanilla works for almost all monsters attacks and it is supposed to be default defense and dodges are expensive.
- Unlike vanilla Vesemir actually can kill monsters now.

So it is not a matter of retarded difficulty but switching from mashing buttons and jumping around like retard in vanilla to W3EE gameplay where you only dodge parry etc when you need it.

So once you change how you play encounter is pretty easy even on highest def mostly thanks to Vesemir. But yeah starting W3EE on highest deff isn't something that someone should do from get go because highest deff now is not just normal but actually hard.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nope it just requires switching how you play game and he choose highest (default) diff for start. Even me who finished TW3 3 times died like 15 times first time i tried it thinking i can just play on highest def like in vanilla.

That's been literally my entire point for weeks now. If you switch to EASY at the start, to NORMAL mid-game and to HIGH late-game then you can't really talk about "drowner is always a drowner". You're basically replicating what CDPR did with mob levels.

Perkel

Arcane
That's been literally my entire point for weeks now. If you switch to EASY at the start, to NORMAL mid-game and to HIGH late-game then you can't really talk about "drowner is always a drowner". You're basically replicating what CDPR did with mob levels.

If you are retarded then sure.
The idea is to start game on lower def to learn gameplay not to use it as deff scaling.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'd rather say it's difficulty done right - something like in the old Gothics - where it's a more-or-less equal mix of better equipment/stats and growing player skill.

Only W3EE adds another layer of using the right tools /abilities for the job.

Vanilla levels don't make enemies more difficult. Raising difficulty in response to player skill increase is normal (though you can certainly start on the highest difficulty).

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

are you seriously this inane or are you just one of those forum big shots who turns everything into an argument? Seriously: you think you've had a "point" for "weeks" about a mod you STILL HAVENT EVEN PLAYED, which is why you keep making wrong judgements about what it does or does not do, and yet here you are, persisting with this nonsense. You're not even sure, and yet you think you have "points" to be made. I have an idea: go play the fucking thing

Yosharian

Arcane
Why do I have 8 inventory slots, but I can only assign 4 inventory hotkeys? When I try to assign hotkey 5, for example, it automatically gives it the same hotkey as 1. 2 is the same as 6, 3 the same as 7, etc. So I effectively have 4 slots I cannot use... WTF?

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Why do I have 8 inventory slots, but I can only assign 4 inventory hotkeys? When I try to assign hotkey 5, for example, it automatically gives it the same hotkey as 1. 2 is the same as 6, 3 the same as 7, etc. So I effectively have 4 slots I cannot use... WTF?

(press) vs (hold)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Only four directions on a d-pad bro, or four face buttons on a controller.

hilfazer

Scholar
Guys, i need help with alchemy. I can't figure out how to switch components when crafting. I tried W and S, arrow keys and mouse wheel. Didn't work. I did that when meditating near fire so, if i'm not mistaken, i should have access to my stash.
Components i tried to switch were selected and i had other components i could switch to.

Someone recently reported it as a bug on nexusmods but it's got 'Not a bug' status so i dunno.

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys, i need help with alchemy. I can't figure out how to switch components when crafting. I tried W and S, arrow keys and mouse wheel. Didn't work. I did that when meditating near fire so, if i'm not mistaken, i should have access to my stash.
Components i tried to switch were selected and i had other components i could switch to.

Someone recently reported it as a bug on nexusmods but it's got 'Not a bug' status so i dunno.
I have no idea how to do this either

Mlci20

Barely Literate
----------------------
----------------------

I also have something to share !

FILE

MultiCompanion Mod for W3EE

When you beat main story quest you will be able to take Ciri/Yennefer/Triss as companion on your journey. They will be at Dendelion place. They are also kind of voiced and have some barks.

If you don't want to wait you can just call them via commandline SpawnSpecialCompanion(ciri) etc.
You can roll with Zoltan !

Full instructions on mod site how to use that mod

Here are the files. Just overwrite the folder in your mods folder:
https://ufile.io/mh8co

Thanks !

Perkel is this like some older overhaul you posted?
No that was my modpack which i made from various mods. IT was great but it didn't cover everything nor it was so great as this one.
hello dude that file does not exist anymore and now i have problem with that shit again , can u pls reupload that or help me with that ??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom