Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Whew!

Our patch is live on Steam! With hope we didn't break anything in the process. A short version of the changelog:
  • The underlying game engine is updated to a recent version that is much more compatible with today's hardware (such as widescreen monitors and Logitech mice) and operating systems (such as Windows 10).
  • The French, German, and Spanish translations are now fully integrated into the game, and do not require separate downloads. Those translations have also been updated and improved in various ways.
  • Certain modest quality-of-life improvements, such as the ability to change between windowed and full-screen mode by using alt-enter.
  • An additional music track, which had been mistakenly deactivated, has been reactivated in an important scene.
  • A persistent crash relating to how the underlying game engine handled dynamic sprites has been fixed.
  • Various small fixes have been implemented to issues like sprites occasionally being misaligned by a pixel, or the years-long labeling oddity that could arise if players combined the sensor parts in an unusual order.
Unfortunately, old saved games will no longer work due to the significant engine-level changes and added content.

GOG is next.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No. WEG says it’s too much work now to upload it to GOG. Hopefully they’ll find time at some point.

The process is different than it has been in the past; we used to be able to just upload a zip/build to an ftp and they'd take it from there, but it's a more involved process with their front end now, similar to how steam works. You think it'd be some really easy upload process for any distribution site, but it's not. Which is odd.

Bt

Starwars

Arcane
It's still kinda shitty. The bit about the music being deactivated during *that* scene is a pretty big bug I think, it really sucks a lot of the emotion out from what was an *awesome* thing to experience when I first played it.

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Hello, my name is James Spanos, I coded the greatness that is this game. Jokes aside, I probably shouldn't have cause you guys got MRY anyway, but I wanted to say I appreciate all the love you've given to this game, except those people that have said that Crispin should be removed. Those I will track down and murder. The rest, you my boys <3. Orma suggested I also tag Infinitron, so here is that. Do your part, kind sir!

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Jokes aside, I really wish we could say more, we're not teasing, we can't say much more at the moment, enjoy the screenies for whatever they are, they might end up being just those screenies (not to be a downer here, but I don't want to hype u up too much only to let u down).

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Would gladly pay the full price of Primordia again for the HD remake!
This is absurdly far ahead of itself. :)

Seriously, making money off a HD remake is pretty low on my list of aspirations. My interest is always in finding something new and rewarding to share with people, not rehashing. :) Supporting Primordia is less about profits and much more about a sustained commitment to new players (for whom Primordia is hopefully still "new and rewarding") and old players whose systems may no longer work with the game, for which they paid money and into which they put their time and energy. I guess if I thought an HD version would attract a huge new contingent of players, it might not be a bad angle, but only if it could be done right. I really don't care for the HD Monkey Island 1 remake; MI2 is a bit better, but still not great. Anyway, we'll share more when we can.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Would gladly pay the full price of Primordia again for the HD remake!
This is absurdly far ahead of itself. :)

Seriously, making money off a HD remake is pretty low on my list of aspirations. My interest is always in finding something new and rewarding to share with people, not rehashing. :) Supporting Primordia is less about profits and much more about a sustained commitment to new players (for whom Primordia is hopefully still "new and rewarding") and old players whose systems may no longer work with the game, for which they paid money and into which they put their time and energy. I guess if I thought an HD version would attract a huge new contingent of players, it might not be a bad angle, but only if it could be done right. I really don't care for the HD Monkey Island 1 remake; MI2 is a bit better, but still not great. Anyway, we'll share more when we can.

Fine, you win, we'll pay double.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I wonder if DaveGilbert would have anything to say about this. Wasn't Primordia their best selling game? He'd prob be able to spill the beans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom