Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Mark Richard

Arcane

An attractive woman handling red apples is a sign of the apocalypse. Green apples would be fine, but red? It's a death sentence.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Pretty far into the game now and still loving it, although some of the quests DEFINITELY were not designed for hardcore mode (that fucking ginger quest.....I wanted to strangle him after he suggested I ride all the way back to the farm to ask for permission for him to return, then ride all the way back to tell him what they say before he returns home). Apart from that, however, I honestly barely notice the negative perks. The only one that is a genuine annoyance is the "nightmare" one that drops your stats for 2 hours after everytime you sleep. However, typically just waiting for 2 hours after you wake up will fix that. I bled constantly from the bleeding negative perk, but that was mostly resolved once I tool the thickblooded vitality perk to counteract that. Still haven't killed anyone, however, so I might do the mercy achievement my first playthrough (we'll see).

A major difficulty for me at the moment is that money is scarce and I still haven't gotten the hang of hunting (I can't fucking hit rabbits with a bow, lol), but I have managed thus far.

I also wanted to give it up for this game's implementation of the reading skill, which is my favorite "gameified" version of literacy I've ever encountered in an RPG. I like that reading skill books isn't just a one and done thing, like it is in most games. In fact, all of Kingdom Come's skills and perks are very well done. They are all very gamey, but they also fit perfectly into the historical context of the game's setting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll replay it after I upgrade my videocard for CP 2077. One of the most demanding games out there, but it does look great.

vazha

Arcane
This game, albeit unintentionally, is the best robber & burglar simulation ever made. Mass-murdering guards, hiding bodies, selling loot, breaking into warehouses, stealing all that's not nailed & wearing top gear, loading your horse so that she can barely move, waiting till the stolen tag disappears, selling them to the very same merchant you stole from? Epic fun.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Thief IV: Czech Please
After an all-night drunken bender, Garrett awakens to find himself transported from the City to a faraway land where he is mistaken for a dimwitted peasant named Henry of Skalitz. Now he must pretend to follow the requests of a petty feudal lord, while robbing the countryside blind as he attempts to find a way home. Join Garrett in this hilarious comedy of errors!

Barbarian

Arcane
I look very much forward to replaying this(now with all dlc) as soon as I finish Kingmaker.

I'm still very butthurt that they didn't use the dlcs to actually finish the story. The chances of the sequel having the same protagonist and following up the plot are close to zero. Cliffhangers suck.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I'm still very butthurt that they didn't use the dlcs to actually finish the story. The chances of the sequel having the same protagonist and following up the plot are close to zero. Cliffhangers suck.
In this very thread Smejki pretty much confirmed that sequel will continue Henry's story.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I plan on picking up the DLC during the Steam sale and was curious how A Woman's Lot works.. is it its own separate chapter selectable from the start or is it integrated into the main game like the other ones?

Also since I will be replaying it I may put on Hardcore mode, but not sure if it's actually good or just annoying, anyone try it?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
is it its own separate chapter selectable from the start or is it integrated into the main game like the other ones?
Same as the other ones.

Hardcore is fine, Sleepwalking is the only thing that could be a potential annoyance but it activated maybe 3 times throughout my play through.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I plan on picking up the DLC during the Steam sale and was curious how A Woman's Lot works.. is it its own separate chapter selectable from the start or is it integrated into the main game like the other ones?
After the prologue you talk with Theresa and during dialogue she recounts the events and Woman's Lot starts. So integrated.

I am curious about Hardcore myself, there are some neat features I want to try.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
There are 3 parts to the DLC
Everything is integrated

Theresa's quest line - accessible after prologue.
Johanka's quest line - accessible after her initial side quest AND the main quest about that kinda-plague. So integrated but accessible considerably later
Doggo - accessible via Theresa after prologue

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is the game complete now with no bug-fixes incoming in the near future?

My bet is on one more big patch and a hotfix.

However according to many comments on Steam forums the game is still utterly buggy, broken and totally unplayable so what's even the point right...

Quillon

Arcane

However according to many comments on Steam forums the game is still utterly buggy, broken and totally unplayable so what's even the point right...

Main game was fairly bug-free for me up until the last quests last time I played with only the ashes DLC, so if its utterly buggy, broken...it must be in newer DLC content. Currently playing Deadfire complete, guess I should wait for at least 1 patch more for this :/

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Last time I tried it (when BB dlc came out) the problem wasn't bugs, but the fact the game still was horribly optmized. I couldn't get even 50 fps with everything on Low plus 1280x720 resolution.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Last time I tried it (when BB dlc came out) the problem wasn't bugs, but the fact the game still was horribly optmized. I couldn't get even 50 fps with everything on Low plus 1280x720 resolution.

Yeah, no way THAT kind of performance is on the game. Either you're playing on a tablet or there's something horribly wrong with your PC. I ran 40-50 FPS on i5 and Radeon RX 480 (a card bought in 2016), on everything High except the shaders.

Main game was fairly bug-free for me up until the last quests last time I played with only the ashes DLC, so if its utterly buggy, broken...it must be in newer DLC content.

My post was kindda tongue-in-cheek, I suspect most of these people either play on god know what hardware or they install a crapton of mods, forget about it and then are surprised their game is broken.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Yeah, no way THAT kind of performance is on the game. Either you're playing on a tablet or there's something horribly wrong with your PC. I ran 40-50 FPS on i5 and Radeon RX 480 (a card bought in 2016), on everything High except the shaders.

No I am being very serious, I could barely get 50fps with every setting on Low and a resolution of 1280x720. Plus my game stuttered like hell.
You can search my earlier posts on this thread and you'll see this is a constant. Every time I tried this game I get around these results.

My Specs said:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - 3.2 GHz 6Mb
Motherboard: Asus H170M Plus
RAM: FURY HyperX Kingston 8Gb DDR4 2400Mhz
GPU: AMD RX 480 8Gb - GYGABYTE
Storage: 1TB WD Blue 64Mb SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm
PSU: NOX Hummer 80 PLUS Bronze 650W

And no nothing is wrong with my PC. I can play Devil May Cry 5, nu-DOOM and Battlefield 1 with everything on Ultra and a stable 60+ fps. The only thing wrong here is this game's optimization

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Fx 8350 Radeon 480 4gb. At low and 1280x720 i get between 60 and 95 fps, and i'm assuming the 60 come from CPU bottleneck. What you are getting is not a normal performance.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And no nothing is wrong with my PC. I can play Devil May Cry 5, nu-DOOM and Battlefield 1 with everything on Ultra and a stable 60+ fps. The only thing wrong here is this game's optimization

Well your PC does meet the minimum reqs but I have no idea what "minimum" means here. I doubt it's "you can play on a 720p, on Low, with stuttering".

I mean I have the exact same CPU and GPU and the game runs great for me. I do have an SSD, 16 GB RAM and Windows 10 but those things shouldn't make such a difference.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Started a new playthrough on Hardcore and with all the DLC (except Treasures of the Past which I disabled). I think Hardcore is definitely the way to go if you've already played the game before, although there are minor annoyances.

I like tougher combat, stricter economy and the need to actually buy or hunt food, which are all very welcome improvements. Negative traits are fun, but I wish there were more of them to choose from. Disabling fast travel doesn't really make a difference since I never used it anyway, but I think it's a fine idea, especially since not showing your position on the map makes you pay a lot more attention to your surroundings. I guess you could nitpick about things like the game occasionally teleporting you around the map (which could cause first-time players to get needlessly lost), or the compass and map markers making navigation easier at some points, but incline is incline. The stripped-down HUD seems just pointless to me, though. Disabling autosaves is a mixed bag — it doesn't make much of a difference in normal gameplay, but it was a bit annoying in for example A Woman's Lot, where you couldn't brew schnapps nor sleep and had to survive with the potions you were given. I mean, you do get enough potions to get around, but you don't know that when playing the DLC. Fortunately the game's been very stable for me, but playing it for hours without saving makes you nervous for the wrong reasons.

Also, is it just me or does Henry get dirty really fast on Hardcore Mode? I wash myself in the morning, and already by noon people are asking if I've been robbed or mugged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom