Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
This time i don't trade much. There is only one really good village with both salt and gems. Other than that it's mostly amber and wood, so not much profit. One village with furs but it's too far to the north so i only visit it when i'm looking for some rus and viking equip in northern castle like this time.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Who said spiders are not fun?

ndwjf5.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm clearing lair after lair, but not much luck with uniques. Any tips - do undead lairs have uniques more often than greenskins lairs? Do only lairs from the shrouded part of the map contain uniques or do they occur in lairs from the part of the map that is initially discovered?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm clearing lair after lair, but not much luck with uniques. Any tips - do undead lairs have uniques more often than greenskins lairs? Do only lairs from the shrouded part of the map contain uniques or do they occur in lairs from the part of the map that is initially discovered?
In my experience the nearby lairs don't have any uniques, you have to go deep into the enemy's territory, like 1-2 days travel deep. A proper boss such as an orc warlord or hedge knight greatly increases your chance to find a unique. Same goes for a proper lair - not some cave but a proper orcish camp that has an orcish name like Ghulgash Ghul ("...a sea of tents with a warlord's tent and throne room in the middle..."). I got two uniques there: a nice human helmet and an awesome one-handed orcish axe that does 44-82 points of damage, 145% effective against armor (normal axe is 33-55, 130% against armor). I killed 3 champions so far, they all dropped uniques.

Murk

Arcane
I noticed that some Barbarian kings are "King of the North" while others are just "barbarian king". I wonder, was the former a champion?

I didn't fight him, my level 5 cultists had no chance against his host that REFUSED to move from the barbarian camp.

The shame of cowardice still haunts me to this day.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Cleared an orcish camp with a champion, almost lost my sergeant (permanent injury - traumatized), got 3 uniques: 2 from the camp, 1 from the champion. The fight was one of the toughest I've ever had, took me more than 10 attempts.

yhujYlN.png

Payd Shell

Arcane
jesus christ what's with the alp ambush out of nowhere. 11 of those fuckers, dogs with their 50% hit chance miss 2 attacks in a row 90% of the time, it's a nightmare. You can't move one inch until you eventually get fucked because you'll have a round of bad rolls.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Did the Icy cave fight. I like the idea, but it's too RNG reliant in my opinion, a 1on1 doesn't really fit a game like Battle Brothers. First try the dude chopped me up like firewood, despite only having a 38% hit chance. Killed me in two turns, two headshots, one miss, one body hit and the lone wolf called Wolf was no more. This time, however, I backed up my save and tried it again. I did nothing really different except bring a mace instead of a bardiche and murdered him effortlessly. He only managed to land one hit in 5 rounds. I know it's very cheaty to back up your save during an Ironman run but I'll be damned if I lose another lategame-ish run to barbarians.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Did the Icy cave fight. I like the idea, but it's too RNG reliant in my opinion, a 1on1 doesn't really fit a game like Battle Brothers. First try the dude chopped me up like firewood, despite only having a 38% hit chance. Killed me in two turns, two headshots, one miss, one body hit and the lone wolf called Wolf was no more. This time, however, I backed up my save and tried it again. I did nothing really different except bring a mace instead of a bardiche and murdered him effortlessly. He only managed to land one hit in 5 rounds. I know it's very cheaty to back up your save during an Ironman run but I'll be damned if I lose another lategame-ish run to barbarians.
I kinda agree, but I still like the 'Duels'.

I found a two handed Hammer to be the best weapon for the fight. You get the first attack anyway and once you hit him, it gives you the next attack too, because he is staggered. Two 2H-Hammer hits should cause some nasty injuries, making him less dangerous. Also 'Indominable helps a lot.

vazha

Arcane
obviously it would be easier with a two handed mace. TW maces are single best boss kiler weapons in the game, daze is insanely powerful.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My Ironman run is stuck in a rut. It was going well for a while, I had a strong core of 3-4 high-level bros with decent stats, for whom I splurged for some good armour. Now they're dead (to some lucky hits from barbarian reavers, who don't even drop anything good for my trouble :argh:) and the armour with them. Since I never have any money it'll take me hours to get back in decent enough shape to go exploring for wilderness locations again. I think I actually would've preferred a defeat, or a phyrric victory which would've let me retire in good conscience. Oh well, once more unto the brigand raiders, dear friends, once more...

Murk

Arcane
obviously it would be easier with a two handed mace. TW maces are single best boss kiler weapons in the game, daze is insanely powerful.

Interesting you say that cuz I've almost always used a clever against him (either as a duelist with an orc head chopper or using a barbarian 2handed clever). Sept the first time I killed him where I tried to dagger him thinking I could get the armor too, but oh well. I do like that they are putting in some guaranteed famed item drops, just wish that particular one could get better boosts.

---------------------------------

On day 130 of cultist nimble fegts run and it's going pretty well. I'm able to get back into fights way faster than before because repairing my armor only takes 1/3rd of the usual time; the downside is that some of the best armor pieces are heavy ones that I am mostly not using.

Did get a dope Barbarian Chosen mask from a chosen champion, looks pretty cool (vaguely necron-like) and is like 270 armor to 12 fatigue, so overall very nice. Slapped that and a noble mail on my main 2handed hammer bro and he be smashing shit up.

I did get a sacrifice event while guarding a caravan and lost both my sergeant and one of my front liners as a result tho =( But at least now everyone is a cultist, so no more risk of losing people to the dark father's wishes.

I think once the noble war crisis is over and I grind up a prophet and dick around with that, I may restart as another background. I like the cultist thing but I wish there was a way to speed up the sacrifices cuz at the current rate I'll be in post-end-game by the time I get a prophet and so won't really be needing to use it much.

Side note, whips are amazing for helping to dagger high value targets down since you don't have to risk getting axed in the face or what have you.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

:bro:

Nothing like a 2H mace bro + indomitable on top of a rock to explode these big fuckers, let them be Unhold, Choosen or whatever champion the game throws at you, the only problem is they seem to be more cautious since the DLC/updates and don't want to get too close to a 2H guy waiting on higher ground, that's sad.

vazha

Arcane
I did get a sacrifice event while guarding a caravan and lost both my sergeant and one of my front liners as a result tho =( But at least now everyone is a cultist, so no more risk of losing people to the dark father's wishes.

Whatever origin you might be using, your sergeant should always be a cultist, period. Nothing comes close, no adventurous noble (good luck with that ranged defense malus), no witchhunter (although with the introduction of hexes my only available spot for an archer always goes to a witchhunter bro due to a higher original resolve & massive mind control resistance compared to hunters at the cost of additional perk - either FA or gifted). Cultists are resolve machines - get 2 res for each converted bro, 2 res for each witch burning events (there are two) and most importantly, stick in a monk in reserve (for hedge knight mediation) and beat the hell out of him for infinite +2 resolve for your sarge and anyone else davkul-inclined. by day 200 you'd have gotten that 20 res bonus the nobles start with without worrying about the ranged def. 3 star melee attack cultist (even with one solitary star in resolve thats +4 res half the time) is a gift from Davkul, praised be his name.

Murk

Arcane

Whatever origin you might be using, your sergeant should always be a cultist, period. Nothing comes close, no adventurous noble (good luck with that ranged defense malus), no witchhunter (although with the introduction of hexes my only available spot for an archer always goes to a witchhunter bro due to a higher original resolve & massive mind control resistance compared to hunters at the cost of additional perk - either FA or gifted). Cultists are resolve machines - get 2 res for each converted bro, 2 res for each witch burning events (there are two) and most importantly, stick in a monk in reserve (for hedge knight mediation) and beat the hell out of him for infinite +2 resolve for your sarge and anyone else davkul-inclined. by day 200 you'd have gotten that 20 res bonus the nobles start with without worrying about the ranged def. 3 star melee attack cultist (even with one solitary star in resolve thats +4 res half the time) is a gift from Davkul, praised be his name.

That was the plan, but had no current candidates for sergeant that wasn't a better frontliner. The sergeant's loss wasn't for the brother's stats, but because he took the banner + sash with him, meaning I have to redo those two ambitions.

Also was hoping he would have been converted sooner, but oh well. He was an apprentice with 3 stars in resolve and 1 in melee (1 in ranged def so irrelevant), wasn't much else to do but use him and he just sort of survived and kept going along.

The other guy I lost was actually a good brother (deserter origin but very good stars and had dexterous), he just didn't get converted in time unfortunately.

I'm also still doing my previous strategy of carrying around useless level 1 bros who are content to be in reserve specifically to practice conversion on for the res bonus and also in case any need to be fed; since the sacrifice for the origin seem to be based on lower level cultists. Gonna suck when it's time to make the armor/helmet tho =(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom