Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dyskolos

Cipher
He.... he does remind me of the people who do your paperwork when you file anything in France, you know.

"Yes, but maybe come back next week, and I will press this submit button here, see what happens, yes?"

Except you can't ply him with cigarettes and calvados to speed it along.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can't bribe him with anything. He says he needs money, but he's doing everything in his power to prevent others from giving it to him. He doesn't need roots, he already has them in his backyard. It's a lose-lose scenario if I ever saw one.

PrettyDeadman

by BlueSalamander » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 am

Hello all, here's a quick update. In the past ten days or so, I created five KotC 2 combat videos using existing footage. I also paid the Steam fee and filled in all the Steam paperwork. Now I have access to the SteamWorks interface and Software Development Kit, but I don't know how to use them yet. So the first order of business for me is to learn how SteamWorks works so that I can create a Steam page for KotC. I also have to think about what to put in the KS page and do a website update to facilitate sending out KotC 2 to KS backers.

Thank you for your support Marinx and VinctLeiter! We're all human beings, so we all have our desires and emotions. As a human being, a game developer can't be super productive all the time like a machine would. Same thing for a writer like George R. R. Martin who takes a lot of time to write his books simply because he wants to do high-quality work, not because he wants his fans to be angry or frustrated.
icon_e_smile.gif
I hope high quality steam page will be worth the wait.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
by BlueSalamander » Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 pm

...I don't have much to report about these days, as I'm working on adding Steam achievements and it's a big work. Cheers!
As much as this sucks, it could be helpful if he wants the game to sell. On every game that releases on Steam without achievements, there are always threads from people saying they won't buy it if it doesn't have achievements. I'm not sure if these people would buy Knights of the Chalice anyway, but I even see threads like this on the Thea 2 forum.

Next, he'll be adding multiplayer for all the people who demand that and then never use it as far as I can tell.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
there are always threads from people saying they won't buy it if it doesn't have achievements

And when I say that steamtards are retarded and ruin everything people get butthurt.

Imagine being so simple minded that what essentially amount to participation awards are your main requirements for purchase. This is standard NPC behavior. The programming was successful indeed.

PrettyDeadman

there are always threads from people saying they won't buy it if it doesn't have achievements

And when I say that steamtards are retarded and ruin everything people get butthurt.

Imagine being so simple minded that what essentially amount to participation awards are your main requirements for purchase. This is standard NPC behavior. The programming was successful indeed.
ever heard of trolling?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
by BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 am

Hello, time for a quick update! I've finished implementing the Steam achievements and a scoring and leaderboard system for KotC 1. That's all I wanted to do in terms of the Steam integration. Now I'm doing playtesting to make sure that all the achievements are triggered when they should. Then I'll have to go through the Steam checklists of the other things required for a Steam release. Also, I have a big flight coming up in July, so I'll have to spend time on travel preparations in coming weeks. Cheers all!

Mortmal

Arcane
He is on a streak, now waiting for more BG3 announcements to start his Kickstarter to be sure absolutely no one pay attention anymore.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
He is on a streak, now waiting for more BG3 announcements to start his Kickstarter to be sure absolutely no one pay attention anymore.
He is a smart men, he will find time to launch the Kickstarter on June 12. He can't miss the chance to be entirely overshadowed by E3.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
In an alternate reality, Pierre Begue would show up at E3 and utterly humiliate computer role-playing game developers with the superior gameplay of KotC2, causing multi-million dollar backed studios to disintegrate on the spot.

It could still happen with KotC III.

Maybe that's the game Larian is working on with Pierre Begue as lead designer, all that BG III vapourwave was just a marketing operation.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit. This thread is over 8 years old. I wonder if we'll see Knights of the Chalice 2 or Mount & Blade 2 first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom