Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Endemic

Arcane
Sara's the finest cocktease there is.

:lol:

It's more that the line came out of nowhere when I had Rean visit her in the evening. It's consistent with her playful personality, I guess. :P

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Ah yes, the good old twins switcheroo...

cGpC0gW.jpg

Reader

Scholar
I have a question to anyone who already played ToCS3 and 4. Will this arc ever be on par with TitS2 at least? I'm now playing through ToCS2 like an hour per day because i cant bear these retarded dialogues and Rean's speeches for longer. I'm not awaiting TitS1 greatness of course, that game was written by Kondo, and i dont get my hopes up cause of course i already googled a little.
But i wanted to see if codexian players have something inspiring to say about this.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I have a question to anyone who already played ToCS3 and 4. Will this arc ever be on par with TitS2 at least? I'm now playing through ToCS2 like an hour per day because i cant bear these retarded dialogues and Rean's speeches for longer. I'm not awaiting TitS1 greatness of course, that game was written by Kondo, and i dont get my hopes up cause of course i already googled a little.
But i wanted to see if codexian players have something inspiring to say about this.

Rean is a much better character in ToCS3 and ToCS4, less "inspiring" anime speeches and obliviousness to the fact that every girl wants his D. Oddly enough though, ToCS3 toned down the harem shit but ToCS4 cranks it up again.

As far as writing goes, the biggest problem with the Cold Steel arc is that it gets too big and epic for its own good and there are so many characters and subplots to keep up with. Heck, it's 350-400 hour arc as far as total play time goes. ToCS3 & 4 are actually my favorites in the series after TiTS SC.

Even though I hate them at the same time :negative:

Reader

Scholar

Rean is a much better character in ToCS3 and ToCS4, less "inspiring" anime speeches and obliviousness to the fact that every girl wants his D. Oddly enough though, ToCS3 toned down the harem shit but ToCS4 cranks it up again.

As far as writing goes, the biggest problem with the Cold Steel arc is that it gets too big and epic for its own good and there are so many characters and subplots to keep up with. Heck, it's 350-400 hour arc as far as total play time goes. ToCS3 & 4 are actually my favorites in the series after TiTS SC.

Even though I hate them at the same time :negative:

Thank you. That is good to hear.
I'd really wish they drop harem in the next arc though
Scene with Chloe in TitS3 one of the best i saw in the games. And i'm not kinda shipper guy, but Judis x Millium thing is quite interesting to watch.
Damn harem kills everything.

Nostaljaded

Savant
but there was a video above with voice over

Drop a pm if failed to google-fu the converted Jap voice files for Sora (which can be applied to XSEED's Eng Steam/GOG/Humble TitS version, link for patching instructions in my earlier post), Zero & Ao.

Btw, Sora FC has >31k Jap voice files.

Once patched, Sora/TitS storyfags are unlikely to go back to just only having Eng battle barks as the Jap VA lifts the game even more to life. :M
E.g. in Sora FC Chapter 1, for the scene after having access to the fishing minigame:
9iuRmku.png

Do exhaust all dialog lines for both characters to see the full story whenever player control is restored.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Hey bros, i currently have the problem that occasionally the gameclient simply shuts down when i press the retry button after a lost combat.

Anyone here had the same problem and maybe a solution for this?

Deleted member 7219

Hey bros, i currently have the problem that occasionally the gameclient simply shuts down when i press the retry button after a lost combat.

Are you playing one of the TitS? And what DirectX version are you using?

Doktor Best

Arcane

Yes, its TitS first chapter (GOG). The info on the configuration window says DirectX 9 but i seemingly cant change the it.

Deleted member 7219

Yes, its TitS first chapter (GOG). The info on the configuration window says DirectX 9 but i seemingly cant change the it.

I've only got the Steam version, but it should be possible to use a DirectX 8 version of the launcher and load the DX8 version of the game. Check the game directory as it should be there. Try it with the DX8 version and see if you get the same problem.

Sara Leen (the programmer) said DX9 was in beta for a long time, and even though it is out of beta now there's still bugs. I'm lucky enough to have not found any.

Kaivokz

Arcane
So PS4 version of Cold Steel II comes out in NA tomorrow. I played the first one on PS3 so I figured I’d wait rather than buy the steam version. Excited to see where the game goes. I’ll be out of the country all of July, so hopefully I can finish it sometime in August and then III will come out in September...

Gearmos

Educated
So PS4 version of Cold Steel II comes out in NA tomorrow. I played the first one on PS3 so I figured I’d wait rather than buy the steam version. Excited to see where the game goes. I’ll be out of the country all of July, so hopefully I can finish it sometime in August and then III will come out in September...

People are complaining about frames dropping in certain parts of the game (running around 15fps), even on PS4 Pro. On the other hand, you can get 60 fps even on a potato with an Intel integrated card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/bvzsrj/trails_of_cold_steel_2_ps4_poor_performance/

Kaivokz

Arcane
People are complaining about frames dropping in certain parts of the game (running around 15fps), even on PS4 Pro. On the other hand, you can get 60 fps even on a potato with an Intel integrated card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/bvzsrj/trails_of_cold_steel_2_ps4_poor_performance/

Damn, I figured the one thing I could rely on with consoles was that they’d be decently optimized, but I guess that’s an outdated idea. I’m sure my PC could run it on max.

Oh well, gonna push through it for that sweet sweet school dance C&C from save import.

afaik there’s no save transfer from 2 to 3, so I’ll just get that on steam if they can’t optimize for PS4.

Doktor Best

Arcane
God damnit i missed another round of sidequests because i followed the mainstory too far without backtracking to the guild. The plot managed to create a certain urgency so i felt compelled to follow it ASAP. Is there any indication in future games that there are sidequests to follow before hitting a certain story event? Its a bit counterintuitive the way its done in the first TitS game.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Not really besides frequently checking quest board talking to everyone or following a guide, hidden stuff is a "feature" of the series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom