Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Star Crawlers worth 4.49?

Its hard not to recommend something for 4.49 but game is boring as fuck, so in my opinion you will be better off with Grimrock, The Quest, Stranger of Sword City or M&MX.

Or even better Rance VI: The Collapse of Zeth.

groundhog

Educated
Damn it GoG. I got an email saying "Shit on your wishlist is on sale!", so I wander over and take a look and the only stuff on my wishlist are the D&D game packs, none of which are on sale. :argh:
Though I do wonder if that means they'll be showing up in the sale later on. I'm also curious if the flash deals are things that WERE on sale then got a brief extra discount, or if they were things that weren't marked down, got the flash sale introduction, then remain in the sale with a weaker discount. If it's the latter then I'd probably be safe if I was gonna grab Thronebreaker.

For anyone wondering, GOG stated in the sales thread that:
- Games that are already discounted in the sale won't get a deeper discount in a 24 hour flash deal later in the sale.
- Games in 24 hour flash deals will remain on sale at a lower discount after the flash deal ends.

(Usual disclaimer about errors, fuck-ups etc.)

Damn it GoG. I got an email saying "Shit on your wishlist is on sale!", so I wander over and take a look and the only stuff on my wishlist are the D&D game packs, none of which are on sale. :argh:
Though I do wonder if that means they'll be showing up in the sale later on. I'm also curious if the flash deals are things that WERE on sale then got a brief extra discount, or if they were things that weren't marked down, got the flash sale introduction, then remain in the sale with a weaker discount. If it's the latter then I'd probably be safe if I was gonna grab Thronebreaker.

For anyone wondering, GOG stated in the sales thread that:
- Games that are already discounted in the sale won't get a deeper discount in a 24 hour flash deal later in the sale.
- Games in 24 hour flash deals will remain on sale at a lower discount after the flash deal ends.

(Usual disclaimer about errors, fuck-ups etc.)
Oh, thanks much for that! Guess I'll start seriously considering Thronebreaker rather than putting it off for a flash sale and then probably forgetting about it by the time the sale ends.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Is Star Crawlers worth 4.49?

It's not bad. Just typical dungeon crawler - set in space. As with most procedural games, it's a wide mix of the same components over and over again. Few hours of fun, but you'll get used/bored to the repetition after a while.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Starcrawlers was a giveaway a year back or two. Go figure gabriel gets a touchup after i just bought the triple pack a month ago. But it is a damn big touch up er remake.

mck

Cipher
Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It could be addded by anyone without this game on Steam account for a p.short time.

from other news - Hellfire for Diablo is avaliable for anyone who bought the game there.

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Squid

Arbiter
Why Bethesda gives only -50%? I do remember getting Morrowind for far cheaper than than, like half the current price.
I've noticed they have started doing this on Steam as well. Or at least last I looked. Most of their games don't really dip below 7.50 USD for the GOTY package anymore.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/warning_massive_security_risk_on_gog?as=1649904300

Apparently there's been a security risk and some users have logged into other ppls accounts, and vice versa. Blues say they're on the case, but with gog that usually means 3-6 weeks for delivery, plus an Added Value Tax for overseas users.

My enthusiasm was already at an all-time low, now that there's a chance some Chi-powered hacker from Taiwan might get my purchases, I think I'll just keep my paypal safe and my wallet funds dry.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why Bethesda gives only -50%? I do remember getting Morrowind for far cheaper than than, like half the current price.

Bethesda haven't put up much (or anything?) since their launch slate, so who knows how much enthusiasm they really have for GOG at this point. I much prefer DRM and client free, but it would take super bargain basement prices for me to re-buy something like Fallout New Vegas just for that, and $10 ain't it. Assuming most agree, who knows how well their shit sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom