Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Fable from Playground Games

The Real Fanboy
Oh wow this whole time and I never knew the upcoming Fable was a sequel to some old games!!! There's a clip from the leaked video on reddit before it was taken down! Lewks like they were totally inspired by Avengers Infinity War:

TeXXfTU17ahEayiZnDOBNKs1nPMPoz4tJbcSLjkGaRQ.gif

Nevermind! This is a fake leak image, sorry!

GreyViper

Prophet
Gives off Darksiders 2 vibe. Regarding Fable itself, it was new at the time with a darker theme then some other games at that time. I did like the Jack of Blades concept and how he was pulling the strings. Gave a new meaning you don't know Jack.
The closest anything else came was Overlord series.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All the Fable games were shit for lame little kids. When I was a little kid I was way cooler and played good stuff. Nobody I knew would have played Fable, and if they did they would have kept it more secret than being a homosexual.

Zer0wing

Cipher
As far as popamole and light rpg entertaiment goes, Fable is quite alright and it's really hard to spoil Fable so I'm optimistic about this one.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All the Fable games were shit for lame little kids. When I was a little kid I was way cooler and played good stuff. Nobody I knew would have played Fable, and if they did they would have kept it more secret than being a homosexual.

The first one was like the Lion King of RPGs... something kiddy and silly, but fun in the right mood.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chances are quite high that Microsoft will talk about this in the upcoming E3. They have some 10 odd games that they are supposedly going to announce there so maybe Fable 4 will be among them?

aeroaeko

Learned
Are any of the Fable games worth playing? I have the first one in my backlog but heard it was a casual shitfest.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Are any of the Fable games worth playing? I have the first one in my backlog but heard it was a casual shitfest.

If you're singularly focused on deep and complex PC focused RPGs like a lot of Codexers (like to pretend they) are, then stay far away. If you want a sort of Disney does fun little action RPG thing, it's well worth a play. Especially since the original version has been $5 or less in sales many times, and is generally considered better than the remaster.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's not a prestige class CRPG, so if casual is automatically a "shitfest" then you shouldn't really bother, your elite tastes are above that.

Funposter

Arcane
The "casual" accusation thrown at Fable should have very little to do with its depth, and more to do with how hilariously easy it is. Most RPGs aren't very hard, but Fable takes it to another level. Multiple options (mainly spells) available to the player are basically game breaking, the economy allows the player to gain gold in infinite loops etc. The player character's age scales with their experience, so as a 12 year old back when the game came out, I intentionally limited myself to an age of 40~ in a sort of Dark Souls-esque challenge run, and the game was still very, very easy.

There's nothing wrong with easy or casual games, but attempting to replay Fable a few months ago, I was struck by how pointless the exercise seemed by around the halfway point. I was already too strong, and I'd again been intentionally limiting myself.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Couldn't you be a gay couple that adopts a kid in Fable 1? If I remember right, that means Fable 4 is gonna have to step up its game for modern times. We shan't forget the gay foster children of the past.

I'll offer my prediction - In Fable 4 you can adopt a tree. It'll be a gay tree that lost its parents to the lumber industry. And it'll be a non-binary tree that sometimes identifies as a bush. A FRUIT bush.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom