Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Myobi

Liturgist
Sigh ~ this will never stop, this is the only way he found to garner attention, even if negative.

He also suffers from delusions of grandeur, self-entitled “game developer” that never really developed shit at all, yet doesn’t stop him from coming up with these ridiculous ass massive multiplayer online projects: "Official Servers ran by me.", "Each Server will be able to be home to up to 1,000 concurrently connected Players or 10,000 Active Users.", no Proctor, you won’t, you don’t have money to rent servers, and your personal PC won’t host that shit…

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Sigh ~ this will never stop, this is the only way he found to garner attention, even if negative.

He also suffers from delusions of grandeur, self-entitled “game developer” that never really developed shit at all, yet doesn’t stop him from coming up with these ridiculous ass massive multiplayer online projects: "Official Servers ran by me.", "Each Server will be able to be home to up to 1,000 concurrently connected Players or 10,000 Active Users.", no Proctor, you won’t, you don’t have money to rent servers, and your personal PC won’t host that shit…

Well all I have to say to you MyObi is you don't have the inside knowledge into what is going on behind the scenes to make any shit judgment calls on a game you know nothing about. I messaged you privately inviting you to come and be a part of the internal testing to see what was going on and you wanted nothing to do with it which is fine but you really can't say shit about it since you have no clue what is happening.

Myobi

Liturgist

Well all I have to say to you MyObi is you don't have the inside knowledge into what is going on behind the scenes to make any shit judgment calls on a game you know nothing about. I messaged you privately inviting you to come and be a part of the internal testing to see what was going on and you wanted nothing to do with it which is fine but you really can't say shit about it since you have no clue what is happening.

Oh, please Proctor, go suck a bag of dicks.

The “inside knowledge”, “behind the scenes”, it’s like this one is any different from the 30 previous projects you fucking announced, but please, go ahead, educate us about the matter!

Also, “Obi” isn’t something that I own, it’s Myobi, stop capitalizing the O you derp.

Taojnhy

Novice
Would you like to see more never-to-finished projects from Proctor? Join his Patreon today!

I'm not sure what I found more amusing: the 0 backers, or the promise that if he hits $100/month that he'll buy yet another asset from the Unity store.

Oh, and there's this gem from his "Unity MMO Developers" channel on YouTube (italics, bold, and underline are mine):

Have a dream or burning passion to create your very own MMORPG? I started on the same journey around 2006 and I as well as available tech have come a long ways since. On this channel we will be discussing the Business and Tech of Indie MMO Development. I'll be spotlighting Developers who share the same vision and discussing the lessons I've learned while working and taking part in successful MMO Kickstarter campaigns.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
There's a whole treasure trove of updates in that Patreon, spanning all the way from the seminal "End of Week 1" update to its riveting conclusion in the "End of Week 2" update.

Unfortunately, the content dries up after that which is somewhat unusual for a man of Proctor's caliber. The fact that the Week 2 update was posted on October 2018 might also cast some doubt onto the strength of the project.

Myobi

Liturgist
Woah, this guy can't say good day without lying twice... so much for the "oh buhu why you hatin on me, it's like, I'm not even begging for money or anything!".

Almost as good as the "this will be my last project." or the "ill finish this one", or the "I have nothing to do with Appleton anymore!".

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Just know that in this guy's mind he really does run a company called MMO Interactive and they really do make games.
I doubt that statement is very far off from the truth.

He doesnt realize how all this looks, harms whats left of his reputation or anything else. He thinks his behavior of announcing projects and quitting them all the time is perfectly acceptable and he really doesnt understand why people give him shit. He really starts a project and in his mind its almost finished- He really cannot see the pattern we have been watching for years.

-After watching the latest youtube channel announcement and seeing him last about a week before quitting- Idk anymore... Its just sad. This isnt about taking on projects that are too complex - This is about having to do work.

Talking about something, taking screenshots and saying what you are 'going' to do is easy as fuck- Doing what you said takes effort. Worrying about how many subs you have and making a 'community' is easy. Making content takes effort.

Thats all I can figure at this point. Having a "dream": is easy.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-After watching the latest youtube channel announcement and seeing him last about a week before quitting-.

AHahahha, a week?! No dude, it lasted 2 days, that was it.
Damn...

Yeah I dont get why he would announce a game, then a youtube channel- And then quit after 2 days.

I've noticed his main concern on shit always seems to be his subs or making a 'community' and I always found that very odd- Putting the cart before the horse is something ive seen with all of his projects. As for quitting, I really used to think it was more about him choosing to do very complex projects and hitting a brick wall, but evidently that wasnt it - This is like his second try at the youtube channel and he doesnt even last long at that.

IDK, but its been indefensible for a very long time now- He's wasted how many years now on doing the same shit over and over again and getting nowhere? Hes going to look back at his life in another decade and finally realize this. I honestly do not think there is anything thats going to change this pattern.

Andnjord

Arcane
Me every time this thread comes back to life

please-make-it-stop-meme-generator-ne-19375031.png

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Unity is a cancer on game development. Even games that finish and are even decent, like HBS and Battletech, suffer the pains of being unity games. I die a little inside whenever I see the Unity logo. The lag and performance issues for one.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Unity is a cancer on game development. Even games that finish and are even decent, like HBS and Battletech, suffer the pains of being unity games. I die a little inside whenever I see the Unity logo. The lag and performance issues for one.
Idk man, there have been many really good unity games- Pathfinder Online and Subnautica were both stellar along with many other good games.

Unity is tool- Like any tool it can be misused. Sadly, there is a glut of scams and incompetent people who use that tool to just add in premade assets, take screenshots , call it a game and sell it. Steam is flooded with unity garbage.

I dont blame unity- I blame the scammers.

Azazel

Arbiter
Idk man, there have been many really good unity games- Pathfinder Online and Subnautica were both stellar along with many other good games.

Unity is tool- Like any tool it can be misused. Sadly, there is a glut of scams and incompetent people who use that tool to just add in premade assets, take screenshots , call it a game and sell it. Steam is flooded with unity garbage.

Whoa, I thought Subnautica was built on Evolution Engine. Didn't know UW had dropped their own tech.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Whoa, I thought Subnautica was built on Evolution Engine. Didn't know UW had dropped their own tech.
Nope- Its unity...Unless they switched engines and I'm not aware.

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/di...bnautica-using-unity-and-not-the-spark-engine

https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/135514287300118293/

edit- I noticed I did say Pathfiner online though when I meant to say Kingmaker. Pathfinder Online was garbage, whatever engine was used.

EJoe

Educated
Unity is a cancer on game development.

Unity is a scam game-engine. Anyone who attempts to use Unity, for <whatever> intended purposes, ends up, being screwed, or *****-over by the convoluted programming/coding system.

The problem isn't Unity Editor nor anything to do with Unity.

For starters, for years, anyone using MonoDevelop would get gitched or buggy debugging. If you're using Unity for OSX or Mac, they'd suggest you use Sublime or VSCode. Good luck with MonoMac! A plug-in formerly called Visual Studio for Unity (Costs US$200+) was developed, then absorbed into Visual Studio. Try it for yourself and try to use MonoDevelop to debug Unity 2019.xx.

Which UI system would you use? NGUI, ScaleForm, uGUI, the newer modern UI system? How about depreciated UI systems, like uGUI, mVVM, whatever UI, or the older editor code-based GUI that's depreciated?

Which grid system would you use? Granted, it would be simple to create a slot machine, assuming that each wheel is a grid with spinning blocks. Or a grid of inventory <2d things>... Or is it?

Which tab system would you use? You know, like the (https://www.google.com/search?q=android+pagecontrol) or (https://material.io/develop/ios/components/page-controls/) for stylized Inventory systems. Good luck trying to find one, that's a) not depreciated, b) vendor will support latest version, and c) that works, with a MMO solution, like Atavism or uMMO, without the glitches that a Protor would face;

Which network system would you use, that would work with 5+, 10+ players in a multi-user environment? There's older Unity RakNet, Unity Networking (depreciated), mono-networking (experimental, depreciated), uNet (deprecated). Do you feel lucky?

What about custom network solutions? https://improbable.io/blog/unity-blocks-spatialos was blocked, then Unity did a U-turn. In the absence of a good networking solution, and server-persistence framework, which would you recommend? There's PlayFab, http://appwarp.shephertz.com/, SmartFox, PhotonServer.

There's this prickly solution about network based AI, like, getting AOE to work with multiple mobs, boss-pulling, wizard (area over effect damage), warrior (tanking), high-DPS, healer (high-heals) to work. Proctor! Did you get this ready in your MMO?

There's this issue about login/password in plain-text (ahem) and trying to get a server to be hosted. Costs $$$ money every month...

Do you expect games to play this? This looks like amateur work -

Proctor, can you get this? At least, out of the box, it looks professional and solve almost 90% of problems. and... PS, don't create multiple alts in Unreal Forums ... you'll get banned.
https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
For starters, for years, anyone using MonoDevelop would get gitched or buggy debugging. If you're using Unity for OSX or Mac, they'd suggest you use Sublime or VSCode. Good luck with MonoMac
I found your problem: You're using an OS designed for retards.

Myobi

Liturgist
Unity is a cancer on game development.

Proctor, can you get this? At least, out of the box, it looks professional and solve almost 90% of problems. and... PS, don't create multiple alts in Unreal Forums ... you'll get banned.
https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/

PLEASE, for the love of all thats holy dont give him another "MMORPG" maker.

It's safe dude, it's Unreal Engine, Proctor knows that the real masters of the art only use Unity.

Also, that shit costs 95$, the patreon account still a little short... Oh I know, hey Proctor, contact your secret investor again! This is it dude, we believe in you!

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh man, here I was just updating the sugoi-as-fuck project list, when I completely lost myself on old Proctor posts for over half an fucking hour, some of this shit aged like a fine cheese, it’s just hilarious, I hope you don’t mind me sharing a few of the best I stumbled upon. Also... I need to start updating this shit with every announcement, otherwise it's too much of a fucking hassle...

kek.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom