Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are there English patch notes for this game? What did they do to all the balance since release?

flushfire

Augur
Enjoying the game so far but early game combat is really rough without cheesing the crafting system. Now I know why almost every guide out there recommend 10 dex. You're plinking enemies with weak shit early.

I'm level 8 and still stuck with quality knuckles because I can't find the recipe for a custom revolver. Custom rifle sucks with just 1 shot. And I can't use guns that don't use zip-gun ammo either because other types are nowhere to be found.

I think I'm just gonna give in and pretend I got the recipes by experimenting.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Enjoying the game so far but early game combat is really rough without cheesing the crafting system.

DEX 8 is OK. I think you're supposed to flee from superior opponents until you have good gear or at least companions to help even the odds.

Oh yeah, I also felt the AI targeting is very simple in this game - and you should learn how to re-position your team to protect the weakened allies.
I got Hex down at 40 HP in one fight and immediately re-positioned Fidel and myself in front of him on both directions where the enemies are.

As long you are the closest to the enemy, he will always target you.
This is why giving Fidel and yourself the Cast Iron Shield for good damage threshold is crucial.
The following image shows that Hex (in the center) is no longer targeted by the enemies.

YJDx1Lr.png

Finished the game and my first thought was "shit, I wish there were more" which is a pretty good sign for any game I'd say.

Wasn't a big fan of writing initially but it grew on me as I was familiarizing myself with the world, it's a little janky but so is the setting. I like the playful tone behind it as well, one of the main "factions" is a reference to Kuryokhin (unless it's not and I'm just imagining things) who used to capture the essence of those chaotic times quite well. Guess for us, CIS folks that were born in the last 30-40 years, making (or at the very least playng/reading/watching) anything post-apocalyptic is like a weird rite of passage / therapy session of sorts, so it connected almost instantly and I couldn't care less about some technical shortcomings (it's a budget title, I get it). To be fair it works pretty well, with short loading times and no real bugs to speak of.

Anyhow, eagerly awaiting what's next, hope the guys will secure a big enough budget to go all out on their next project.

:love:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are there any checks for lockpicking/technology/etc. that require the skill to be over 100?

Shorty after writing this post I stumbled upon several instances where 100 speechcraft was not enough. When I came back later with slightly higher skill (and a fedora) I cleared said checks. There's no way to see the actual roll, right?

Sòren

Arcane
Wasn't a big fan of writing initially but it grew on me as I was familiarizing myself with the world, it's a little janky but so is the setting.

the writing in this game has more highpoints than all fallouts (just talking 1, 2, NV) combined. and much more than any other western rpg.

character of Dan ("if you don't find a purpose for yourself, others will find one for you" this line on itself is so magnificent. no truer words have ever been spoken inside a game)
the tale of three brothers (farm quest)
kovalev's demise
BBQ quest ending, last conversation
Kostya the yob quest, outpost captain's reaction
A-team quest
"hiding from the sky" random encounter (conversation with gypsi after that)
safe journey farm Alyonka
Character of Alexander
character of Hexogen
Alexander's recruitment conversation

and there are so many other smaller things that are just so much better.

Cromwell

Arcane
Regarding weapons I noticed that although I dont have the requirements I still have a 99% hitchance (for normal bodyshots, Eyes and Head are at about 80 so also quite high) why is that? I have attention 9 which governs accuracy but I use a sniper rifle for which I am missing 1 strength and I also missed a few skillpoints, I still have no problem using it to great effect. Do the stats cancel each other out meaning you can compensate str and skill with attention or is this bugged?

I have also no problem shooting them point blank in the eyes with the sniper rifle, which makes the Butcher and weapon knowledge perks useless which means I invested in automatics for nothing since I use rifles but wanted the other two perks before I noticed this.

RK47

Patron
Attention boosts ranged accuracy to such an extent that it's probably one of the best substitutes for raw skill investment.
Melee / Unarmed is unaffected. You can be blinded by a crit and still get normal melee hit chance.

I never paid much attention to Strength requirements myself.
STR 5 is OK since the penalty can be overridden by more Attention/raw Skill investment.

Are there any checks for lockpicking/technology/etc. that require the skill to be over 100?

Shorty after writing this post I stumbled upon several instances where 100 speechcraft was not enough. When I came back later with slightly higher skill (and a fedora) I cleared said checks. There's no way to see the actual roll, right?

None. I primarily use Speech to avoid random encounters. And I want it to be at least 150 to get 99% evasion chance. It's pretty easy to get that high too since there's consumable and a +15 hat.

Survival does let you escape animals and improve travel speed but I find it unnecessary once you get the car.

flushfire

Augur
Getting out of humanoid random encounters shouldn't have been tied to speech, it's already plenty used. So much that it even replaces barter. Should've just let survival handle everything on the world map like FO2.

RK47

Patron
Getting out of humanoid random encounters shouldn't have been tied to speech, it's already plenty used. So much that it even replaces barter. Should've just let survival handle everything on the world map like FO2.
Agreed but not to that extent - lower the Speech effectiveness by half. And cap the evasion chance to 75%

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Atomboy quick question about a quest (sort of) in Peregon.

So i got the quest from the postman to investigate the meat vendors in Peregon, which then lead me to disgusting pedo dungeon beneath the containers. After dealing with the slavers i found a list of names, important people that were involved with these sick activities, so i proceeded to confront Nikolai Siplovsky. Thing is, confront him only allow for 2 options, extorting money from him or outright killing him which aggroed the entire town.

Is it possible to deal with him silently? Is there an alternate solution?

Thanks!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Kem0sabe

there's another questline
related to politics
that'll prompt the choice to kill him on sight. All you can do otherwise is sit there watching in frustration at how some things in this world are far above your head for you to do anything about them.

RK47

Patron
End game bartering is always like this

N2Oq2h7.jpg

Yea, I'll trade in 17 suits of metal armor, 1x SKS, 5x hunting rifles 6x pistols, 2x SMGs, and add in a dozen knives, and 4000 rubles...for that body armor and helm.

Thanks.

Cromwell

Arcane
So I went to the bunker in the mountains and I
managed to shoot my way through to the talking shroom (yes a lot of drugging up was involved in fighting that squad, but I think the shroom would have talked either way) now I cant damage the damn thing and dont get any quest stuff. Did I miss or break something and should I have gone to the shroom cult in kraz first?

Sòren

Arcane
End game bartering is always like this

N2Oq2h7.jpg

Yea, I'll trade in 17 suits of metal armor, 1x SKS, 5x hunting rifles 6x pistols, 2x SMGs, and add in a dozen knives, and 4000 rubles...for that body armor and helm.

Thanks.

did they reduce selling prices at some point in the last few months? nice.

So I went to the bunker in the mountains and I
managed to shoot my way through to the talking shroom (yes a lot of drugging up was involved in fighting that squad, but I think the shroom would have talked either way) now I cant damage the damn thing and dont get any quest stuff. Did I miss or break something and should I have gone to the shroom cult in kraz first?

yeah. kraz first.

Sòren

Arcane
never tried, but don't think so. and judging by your experience, it's not working. things happening there are pretty much bound to a organisation in kraz. you couldn't even talk to the squad right?

Cromwell

Arcane
never tried, but don't think so. and judging by your experience, it's not working. things happening there are pretty much bound to a organisation in kraz. you couldn't even talk to the squad right?

I talked to them just fine.
you meet them and they are suprised to see you, you can lie to them that you are a shroom member so they send you to the shroom which then talks about bringing him to kraz. If you dont he tries to mindrape you which fails after you concentrate very hard, afterwards fighting ensues. If you dont lie to them fighting starts immediately. the only thing you cant do is harm the shroom afterwards, it just sits there and everyone is dead, except you. You also get a code for the shroom cult bnker from leopolds corpse or whatever his name was. I wanted to investigate the cult next the quest is still active

edit:

Since the game never seemed railroaded and you get info from the locals about people going into the bunker I did not think it would be a problem to go there first after them. I have a save before I murdered my way through there so I will go back and see if it works or if I broke it.

RK47

Patron
did they reduce selling prices at some point in the last few months? nice.

Not really. The armor and the weapon merchant at Krasno is always the worst places for trade.
But since I have too much loot and no buyer with enough cash, I decided to try dumping stock.
I thought I had enough to cover everything, but I was wrong.
My car trunk was empty and I still had to top it off with 4000 rubles.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom