Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

City Interactive / CI Games

There's no need to make separate thread about their games so I make the one to judge them all.

Mainstream press consider them as cheap, casual shovelware but since mainstream press promote heresies like Bioshock Infinite being good so it's a wise choise not trust it.

CI relesaed shitton of fpses, mostly WWII. I want you guyz to give an opinions if anything from their catalogue is decent at least. I've played a little of Alien Rage demo and, for modern shooter, it wasn't terrbile... but also haven't touched anything else.

So?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I found the dialogs in SAS Secure Tomorrow hilarious... i'm not sure if they were supposed to be, but i doubt they aren't at least a bit self-aware.

I've bought every FPS made by City Interactive (except the on-rails stuff) i could find in GamersGate but i haven't played anything except SASST yet. I've also played Alien Rage (that was when they tried to rebrand as "CI Games", i guess their creativity can only go that far) which i liked - yeah, it was generic sci-fi, but i like generic sci-fi and i like how brutal it was.

I also have bought and played an FPS they published called "Codename: Nina" (or something like that). It is... nice. I haven't finished it though because i got stuck in a level and couldn't find the exit.

I love those obscure (...outside their country), "Z-list" games and i have a bunch of them (many only in physical CDs i've got for peanuts on ebay). Sometimes i'm considering making a YouTube channel with such games that isn't yet another "let's laugh at the budget games", but video editing requires effort (and hardware, for mics and such) that i'm not very interested in.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've only played and finished Sniper : Ghost Warrior 2. Some of the visuals were really nice, but for the most of the time it was even more mediocre than Activision's titles. I remember having some problems, like for example I would have to crouch and after that you should see a cutscene. Instead, I was just crouching for eternity. Other time the enemies didn't spawn and after a couple of minutes and checking on YT I knew what was going on. Sniper Elite 2 is much better, more satisfying and interesting to play.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CI Games are, at best, bundle fodder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom