Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
I noticed recently FM-Towns roms are nigh non-existent. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I'm annoyed i wasn't online to snag that super mario c64. That dude worked 7 years on that and nintendo shuts him down BAM!
This is why you self-host, eschew DNS, and ignore any hint of DMCA faggotry. The system pretends to be equitable or reasonable so that you will be deceived into working within its confines, where it can more easily strangle you.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I noticed recently FM-Towns roms are nigh non-existent. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I'm annoyed i wasn't online to snag that super mario c64. That dude worked 7 years on that and nintendo shuts him down BAM!
Here, try this post from Indie Retro News. The link to mega.nz in the discussion thread seems still to work.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I must say the sound and playability is astoundingly close to my nes cartridge. Yeah, back in the 80s if this was developed for c64 nintendo could have banked more $$$ if he was on staff. now if he'd do castlevania.....

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
By the way, why is this thread no longer pinned? :decline:
...The fuck you talkin' about?
Screen+Shot.png

lightbane

Arcane
Switch emus sind verboten!

Oh, right, my bad, I forgot that said console is still not dead, so it would be quite poor form to talk about emulators of said console here. Also something about Piracy and all of that.

spekkio

Arcane
^
Nah, TBH I'm just too lazy to update 1st post. :)

But... Yuzu has been DISCUSSed ITT since quite time...

And it turned out recently that Ninny is (almost) as crazy about its NES games (roms = piracy!!!) as it is about the Switch games.

Perkel

Arcane
Ladies and gents. PS4 emulator is in works:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Orbital-Vulkan-Emulator

They managed to finally display properly screen which means that a lot has been done and soon PS4 OS would be able to run. Once that is done they will be implementing features to make games boot and from then on you have working PS4 emu. PS4 also is basically PC with custom software stack and very slight changes it means most of the stuff can be pretty quickly implemented.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd rather have a working Vita emulator.

Even if PS4 emulator is in work, nothing sort of very high end rig will able to run it.

tet666

Augur
Well sure but it took them years to optimize citra (same devs) so this could take a while.

Perkel

Arcane
Any hope that Yuzu gets playable enough on an I7 4790K or am I stuck waiting for my next upgrade ?

yes it will. Just at start of this year it received huge update which basically made Mario oddysey on my rig to move from 5fps to around 30fps and that is just after it started to boot like 7 months ago.

Yuzu right now is the fastest progressing emulator out of all emulators i have tracked developement. They are faster than both Citra and PPSSPP which says a lot. Well mainly thanks to Switch using shitload of 3DS stuff and devs of it being also responsible for Citra.

They are still in phase where they implement basic features to have games booting and rendering correctly. Once they get to the point where most of the stuff is implemented they will move into optimization part which would be speeding up games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
WTF!!! UGH!
Reviewer: gronkzonk - favorite - December 3, 2018
Subject: wtf
whoever uploaded this as an all-or-nothing 93GB file instead of individual titles needs punching in the face for a solid week

FUCKING AGREED! I'm having terrible extraction issues so probably corrupted. I ain't re-downloading that shit.

flyingjohn

Arcane
WTF!!! UGH!
whoever uploaded this as an all-or-nothing 93GB file instead of individual titles needs punching in the face for a solid week

FUCKING AGREED! I'm having terrible extraction issues so probably corrupted. I ain't re-downloading that shit.
It is typical of archive.org collections.Almost all of them are single or multiple rar files that you have no choice to individually select files.

And i have no idea why anybody would want to get fm towns games in the first place.The entire gimmick is just cd's. That is why you get such a large file size for such a small library of games.And most of the big hitters are dos ports anyway.In fact i cut the 90+gb to less then 10 after removing ports.And the rest of the library is other ports with varying degrees of quality.
It doesn't have have library of the msx series or the performance of the sharp or the variety of the nec.

Last edited:

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
WTF!!! UGH!

https://archive.org/download/Neo_Kobe_Fujitsu_FM_Towns_2016-02-25
...What are you on about? It's a multi-part zip file. Not a single file.
It is typical of archive.org collections.Almost all of them are single or multiple rar files that you have no choice to individually select files.
I take it you have no idea zipview exists?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I know how to put multi-zips together. I dl'd the whole thing and tried to use winrar/7zip to unload the contents into a folder. Somewhere i got a corruption stopping at Alshark (Right Stuff). And that file was corrupted. I sure as hell am not going to redownload the whole thing. Its a slow download. 2 hours a day i get at the online workspace... damn slow. Meh.

Call it digital hoarding.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
just use the provided torrent then - you can have it validate the parts you've gotten with a simple right click.

Perkel

Arcane
huge update to Yuzu coming. They reworked shader cache which gave them improved graphics accuracy and increased speed on a lot of games ALOT. For example for dude in video with unlocked framerate pokemon went from 90-100% to 200%. Mario Oddysey which is one of the most demanding games on system went from 60% to 95-100% in initial demanding area. Moreover they got timing system rework and some games can be capped lower than they should originally so games like Bayonetta 2 with 30fps cap should be completely playable with no slowdowns.

This release is for now locked to patreon but in a week it should be released to public. If you don't want to wait you can build yourself from github.

Let me rephareze it to you. Probably next biggest release on Switch Pokemon Sword and Shield will be better game on PC than on Switch lol. Nintendo on suicide watch.

Absolutely amazing rate of progress. Since start of this year in mare 5 months my test case scenario Mario Oddysey went from 10% to 40% and with this update it should go toward something like 60-70% on my i5-3770k@4,5Ghz.

bsod presentation:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
just use the provided torrent then - you can have it validate the parts you've gotten with a simple right click.
Damn! I'll have to do that. Shit i learn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom