Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sykar

Arcane
Perhaps it's unrealistic to expect the mainstream to appreciate a game like Kingmaker?

Then they still should not make shit up or lie about the game. I am fine when someone says he does not enjoy the game. Tastes are subjective after all, but to flat out lie about stuff like bugs and performance of the game is disgusting to me.
For example I do not like Age of Decadence, yet I will be damned if I would ever write a negative review based on that because of my inflated ego.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With current tendencies to review-bomb and review-bitch at any perceived slight from developer/publisher Steam and Metacritic user reviews lost all their remaining credibility in last couple of years even for wider audience.
And Valve lost this battle even with smartest sorting algorithms - "best" games in their shop right now (by rating) are some niche things purchased by fans mostly.

In short - as time goes by there is less and less reason to worry about steam rating.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
cannot believe I am still reading complete and utter bullshit like this for example:
Sure go ahead and have alignment restrictions on classes but it should NEVER restrict your ability to choose.
:philosoraptor:
1 sentence negative revio 300 hours playtime

Astonishing, isn't it?

With current tendencies to review-bomb and review-bitch at any perceived slight from developer/publisher Steam and Metacritic user reviews lost all their remaining credibility in last couple of years even for wider audience.
And Valve lost this battle even with smartest sorting algorithms - "best" games in their shop right now (by rating) are some niche things purchased by fans mostly.

In short - as time goes by there is less and less reason to worry about steam rating.

I hope you are right, I still wrote a brief review.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2528288

Chris Avellone’s PnP Module: Closed Playtesting Underway!

Dear Pathfinders,

Many of you have asked us for a status update on Chris Avellone’s digital RPG adventure module, and we’re happy that we finally have some news for you!

We’ve reached a new important milestone. After multiple drafts and much back-and-forth between Chris, Paizo and us Owlcats, we’ve all decided that the manuscript is of high enough quality to begin closed playtesting! We’ve recruited a number of playgroups from you, our audience, and we’ve sent out copies of the adventure module. We believe that testing early is very important, and getting feedback before everything is set in stone can drastically improve the end result. For those of you who are participating, we’d like to stress that this is an early draft, and the module is still far from its final state – we just collectively decided that we want to hear your thoughts on this.

We are sorry that it took us so long to reach this stage. The task has proven to be more difficult than initially expected, and we want to make sure that this adventure lives up to the fame of the original “Kingmaker” AP. However, we promise things will pick up from now on. Stay tuned for more news in the near future!

Sincerely,

Your Owlcats

Kickstarters probably need to stop offering Chris Avellone novella/comic/PnP module stretch goals.

1 sentence negative revio 300 hours playtime

Well, at least People on Steam try, credit were credit is due.

Some of the more recent Reviews hint at a supposedly unbalanced game again… I mean why the need to fix the spider encounters in the first place? I wasn't around when the game released, but even a couple weeks ago it was like the three Trials on Monkey Island, except the pirates just giving the Player all the solutions straight away. You can blame Players however only this much.

Due to all that auto-leveled, quest-compassed and in-game-GPS-ed games being developed most of these days, they would be lost in their own virtual bathroom, if a game ever simulated one. There's also valid criticism, however the more worrying trend in all of this is that it's now starting to affect Kickstarted "niche" games -- wasn't the promise of that thing supposed to fix what's at worst "design by Committee" in bigger budget games? Fun is subjective, however not every game needs to appeal to everyone, and that's fine.

Shadenuat

Arcane
dunno lah. what I know is that dungon levels open as you progress through Chapters. it first opens in Ch.2 and then in new chapters new levels open.

Kickstarters probably need to stop offering Chris Avellone novella/comic/PnP module stretch goals.
2 hours ago shaednaut posts on steam avellone "drunkard" picture from the fair with comment "module is in good hands"; 2 hours later module is ready for playtesting

maybe I should also post something in butthurt Polish translation thread where the heat is rising. "no respect for Poland!" "we played baldur's gate 1!" :outrage:

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
should i download the beta or wait for the official release?
Better to wait for official release in main branch. And may be some patches on top of this.

Beta version was morbidly funny up until today. Like:
1. Owlcat announce respec feature - it does not work, instead of respec brand new character is created.
2. Owlcat announce out of combat fast movement - only one char in party runs fast and everyone else crawl after him.
3. Owlcat added new class - it still missing class outfit and runs around butt-naked in PG18 fashion.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Honestly I feel the EE is rushed. Maybe they want to sell the rest they can before the Belgian steals everyone's classic rpg lunch money.

Cael

Arcane
should i download the beta or wait for the official release?
Better to wait for official release in main branch. And may be some patches on top of this.

Beta version was morbidly funny up until today. Like:
1. Owlcat announce respec feature - it does not work, instead of respec brand new character is created.
2. Owlcat announce out of combat fast movement - only one char in party runs fast and everyone else crawl after him.
3. Owlcat added new class - it still missing class outfit and runs around butt-naked in PG18 fashion.
There is nothing wrong with 3, you oppressor of nudists!!!

Daidre

Arcane
isnt the release of the dlc/enchanced edition sceduled for today?they follow moscow time for steam releases?

I honestly do not know what timezone they follow for releases and whether they need some input from Steam side, but steam version of P:K usually updates around 20:00 - 21:00 at Moscow time (UTC +3). It is ~4-5 hours from right now.

Shadenuat

Arcane
guys this is madness but custom portraits now load together with basic ones in main menu on chargen

but not all of them tho not sure why
oh think I get it - portrait must have large version too or out.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Pathfinder is severely let down by the story, characters and pacing of it all. How many hours have you spent in-game just waiting for the timer of the next crisis to tick down to another "let's kill some portal monsters", with no content to do besides the boring ass kingdom management events.

The game needed to be 50% smaller, have a more focused story, better villains and motivations, and cut all the kingdom shit and the countless boring zones that just force the player to load in, kill some shit and load out.

Shadenuat

Arcane
u can now see bab and shit but still can't see your main casting stat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom