Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
TBH it would actually make all kinds of sense to NOT make another isometric rtwp or even tb game. Casuls like pillars; grognards have Kingmaker. The audience might get tired of them at this point. However, a 3d person party game? With phenomenal decline of Bioware and their patheric treatment of Mass Effect it is a totally valid business card to play.

hexer

I've never heard of this Abdel Adrian even though I love BG2, wouldn't be surprised if the average BG2 fan has not either. Not sure that they need to address it if that's the case.

I think they made him up for the novelizations

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Beamdog's / Trent's reaction

Trent while writing that tweet:

harold-0.jpg

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
:hailcthulhu:
Oh Gods of the underworld, please make this great homecoming of Forgotten Realms Diamonds and Golden Era real.

How much i desire to feel one more time cold winds of Icewind Dale, eerie forests of Neverwinter Nights, hear cities and inns of Baldur's Gate, how much i miss vast realms of beloved universe which is motherland of great crpg titles.

Oh gods help make this great game for years to come , and please remember about new incoming Elder Scrolls too. Both FR and ES are my favourite crpg universes.
Thank you Underworld Gods! Please make rebirth of great , mythic single player crpgs happen.

catfood

AGAIN
I haven't seen any 'missing is no fun' except in crappy mainstream reviews whose reviewer notoriously have less than 10 hours to spend on each game they review. To think game designers have to cater to those to hope gettin numbers like DoS2 is beyond depressing.
Not to mention that the D:OS games also feature misses.

Codex Year of the Donut
Sven has already confirmed that the game continues the storyline of the previous two.
What "continues the storyline" means is left up for interpretation. There were a lot of things happening in both BG and BG2, that doesn't mean it explicitly continues the central plot.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wonder what race will be available. Hoping we get some interesting ones instead of the same old elves and dwarfs.
d&d base races are more varied than they used to be. if nothing else larian loves lizards so probably dragonborn or whatever the fuck those are called will be in

Codex Year of the Donut
Since most of you guys I assume haven't played SoD, I just wanted to add that
At the end you go to Avernus, the 'antagonist' ends up getting locked in there(in I assume the canon version) so you can return. I assume that this will end up tying into the new Descent Into Avernus campaign.

hexer

OK, we can definitively expect tons of FR content from Larian.
I wonder if they involved Ed Greenwood ?
Is Elminster still around?

Hopefully my body doesn't fail me for the marathon gaming sessions..
I was sick for a week after playing P:K for 16h each day post release.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I do wish we could move past fucking forgotten realms all the goddamn time. Pillars of Eternity was also basically a FR ripoff and Kingmaker is set in the FR ripoff part of Pathfinder. Give me fuckin spelljammer bitch

Sabotin

Scholar
The world changed a lot since 2/3e, so I wouldn't expect much connection lore-wise. Honestly I'm just hoping the game won't be drowned in references before thinking of anything else. And that the game is not as "colourful" as kingmaker with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've never heard of this Abdel Adrian even though I love BG2, wouldn't be surprised if the average BG2 fan has not either. Not sure that they need to address it if that's the case.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Abdel_Adrian
It's worse than anything that will come from larian's BG3.

It sounded bland at first, but then bizarre romance stuff started appearing. I can't believe someone had to write that wiki page with a straight face:

Although Adrian eventually escaped the grasp of Irenicus, he ended up being aided by Bodhi. Slowly, he began to fall in love with Bodhi, who had already fallen for him, with the two ending up on an adventure to stop Irenicus. Travelling with Bodhi, Abdel eventually acted on his feelings for her and the two had sex.

I'm going to go puke in a corner now.

hexer

HOLY CRAP.. some of the quotes from https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...vinity-studio-larian-is-making-baldurs-gate-3

"We're about 200 people now, internally, working on this," Vincke said, "and we have over 100 people externally and that's only increasing.
It's a very big game."

"The trailer should tell you a lot about the production values we're going for - it is at a higher level than what we did for DOS2," he added.
"How high a level I will let you discover when we show the first gameplay footage," which, before you think-ask it, will be shown "when it's ready to be shown".

"We're going to make this as good as we can until we run out of money and we have to ship it," Vincke said, with a smile.
"Preferably, we'll get it ready before that time but we're not going to release it if this is not the game we want to play ourselves."

Terra

Cipher
TBH it would actually make all kinds of sense to NOT make another isometric rtwp or even tb game. Casuls like pillars; grognards have Kingmaker. The audience might get tired of them at this point. However, a 3d person party game? With phenomenal decline of Bioware and their patheric treatment of Mass Effect it is a totally valid business card to play.
Sure, can we just skip to the part where Larian inherits BioWare's curse and the studio becomes engulfed in a hybrid casual-LGBT pandering vortex of entropy, as the Codex laments the turn of events.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
HOLY CRAP.. some of the quotes from https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...vinity-studio-larian-is-making-baldurs-gate-3

"We're about 200 people now, internally, working on this," Vincke said, "and we have over 100 people externally and that's only increasing.
It's a very big game."

"The trailer should tell you a lot about the production values we're going for - it is at a higher level than what we did for DOS2," he added.
"How high a level I will let you discover when we show the first gameplay footage," which, before you think-ask it, will be shown "when it's ready to be shown".

Yeah, WotC person refers this AAA:

Codex Year of the Donut
Sure, can we just skip to the part where Larian inherits BioWare's curse and the studio becomes engulfed in a hybrid casual-LGBT pandering vortex of entropy, as the Codex laments the turn of events.
He's right in that there's an oversaturation of fantasy "isometric"(bird's eye view or whatever you want to call it) party-based RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom