Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ladies and Gentlemen, what do YOU think? Will they retcon (for the third time) the whole Abdel Adrian/CHARNAME thing, tastefully ignore it, or sooner or later bite the bullet and just flat out state the facts?

Anyone who says they can't bring back the main character isn't paying attention to the lore of the setting. It's just a question of how tasteful and logical it would be. They could keep the canon Abdel Adrian and have him resurrected. They could tick the diversity box by having him come back in another body (Salvatore hinted at it when he had the dwarf Bruenor uncomfortably wonder if his daughter would come back as a guy and continue her/his marriage to Drizzt...yes I'm serious). They could do a Ramirez from Highlander 2 scenario and have the protagonist resurrected from the essence of Bhaal. They could even do the PST scenario with resurrection + lost memories.

I'm not for or against anything to be honest. I'm just looking at this whole thing with totally impartial interest.

Thonius

Arcane
Okay, caught up with thread. Small bits of info suggesting it's 3rd person? Real-time? "Missing is not fun"
Sounds reassuring, right.
Anyhow the best thing you can do right now - do not wishlist's, do not preorder. Be pessimistic. And Maybe ( little chance) we will be surprised(lol).

himmy

Arcane
How the first 30 pages of this thread said this game will look like:

dungeons-and-dragons.png

and then there'e a guy vomiting teeth and blood in the first 5 seconds.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Imagine the guys today at Owlcat like "yeah, this is a fucking good day for us today" and then... BOOM... BG3.

hexer

You can just smell how they'll aim this game at a "broader audience".

Why not, DnD is for everybody

dungeons-and-dragons.png

Yeah, that was stomach churning to watch… glad they ditched the cartoony look for this game

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Swen's detailed commentary on the trailer: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/baldurs-gate-3-trailer-breakdown-and-easter-eggs-w/2300-6449730/

Baldur's Gate 3 Trailer Breakdown & Easter Eggs With Larian Founder
Larian Founder Swen Vincke breaks down all the hidden Easter eggs that you might have missed from the Baldur's Gate 3 Trailer.

Watch a video to see someone break down a different video. Gamespot hates actually writing anything, don't they?

Curratum

It's a mind flayer... Even if there's any tie-ins, they're in a still-ubpublished module / campaign from WotC.

Shadenuat

Arcane

cause we all know games look just like in trailers and modern d&d is dork and realistic and subdued like good old d&d art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom