Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
Another patch, another dung heap of new bugs. This time, custom portraits are broken. They added faster movement when clicking far away, but they neglected to speed up the animations of my animal companion- making my Smilodon look like it's ice skating.
Oooo! Big ass cat on skates. This is now my new second favourite animal companion concept. First will always be the rhino on skates :D

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Yeah, they actually do work on their current big game, unlike a certain other so called "AAA" company where they wait for players to fix it via mods. Isn't that right Toddy boy?

images
If they didnt fuck up every single patch adding new bugs, then they wouldnt need to constantly release new patches.

Cael

Arcane
todd howard releases games that you can beat without waiting a year for patching. amateur mistake

Fallout 76 anyone? :lol:
You know the game where someone manged to record over 3 hours of game footage with about 1000 bugs and glitches?
It is OK to kill someone because someone else had tortured a guy before killing him and with bigger funding to do it.
Fixed it for you.

Sykar

Arcane
Yeah, they actually do work on their current big game, unlike a certain other so called "AAA" company where they wait for players to fix it via mods. Isn't that right Toddy boy?

images
If they didnt fuck up every single patch adding new bugs, then they wouldnt need to constantly release new patches.

At least they try. How much does Bethshit try? Or hell just how much did CDPR fuck up Twitcher 3 itemization and combat which again had to be fixed by mods?

Thonius

Arcane
Okay guys, I was patiently waiting for them to finish last DLC and bring us the enhanced edition. I bought the game and the Season Pass almost on day 1 and just waited to get everything patched so I have the best experience available. I downloaded some ccustom portrait packs, theory crafted builds... Now I finally fire up the game to get into it and have fun with it and it completely goes unresponsive at chargen when I would like to pick custom portrait.... WHAT. THE. FUCK...
Heck for me it just ate all my custom portraits...poof gone!

I for one appreciate the krokodil fuelled patching of the owlkat vatniks.
So waiting for a couple of months until EE is patched (and Eldritch Arcana Mod is working again) and I start the *final* playthru of kangmaker.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hotfix 2.0.1 - June 7th, 2019
7 JUN @ 2:56PM - OLEG_SH
Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• Kanerah and/or Kalikke could break their companion mechanics after respec. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Jaethal could become undead again and return to worshiping Urgathoa after respec during the last chapters. Resolution: Fixed.
  • There could be an issue with companion's auto-level-up in some cases. Resolution: Fixed.
  • The Skeletal Salesman disappeared and became visible again incorrectly if you tried to attack him. Resolution: Fixed
  • Animal companions and polymorphed characters could perform coup de grâce without the proper animation. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Several issues with portraits were resolved (including custom portraits disappearing).
  • The combat log lacked attack number localization. Resolution: Fixed.
  • There was no delousing icon on the trap, generated in the endless dungeon. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Defeated bosses of the endless dungeon used to drop some of the loot items twice. Resolution: Fixed.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Sure, they work so hard their game was unplayable for so long.

Wake me up when they get rid of the kingdom management, camping, cut down map traveling time by 4 (in expeditions vikings; not that the engine is an example; you have horses and you don't spend 4 in game days each time you travel somewhere) and add a ToEE-like combat system.

Riel

Arcane
I am excited about playing Kingmaker again, but I am going to wait a bit, I don't want any bugs on my play through and I am hoping the turn based mod gets ported to EE, which is a bug risk in itself.

Cael

Arcane
I am excited about playing Kingmaker again, but I am going to wait a bit, I don't want any bugs on my play through and I am hoping the turn based mod gets ported to EE, which is a bug risk in itself.
Hooo-boy! You'll be waiting a long time...

Riel

Arcane
Hooo-boy! You'll be waiting a long time...

Ok, yes, "without any bugs" is exaggerated, I meant without game breaking bugs. :deathclaw:

Codex Year of the Donut
I've been having a blast, playing 1-1.5 hrs a day. Just reaching The old Sycamore.

The game's tone is a bit more fairy-tale than I'm used to (I've been mostly playing AoD, Underrail, Deadfire and Battle Brothers for the last six months), but its elements are coherent - writing, voice, graphics, so it doesn't feel annoying. It actually makes me play the game in a more role-playing than minmaxing manner, which is what I think was the intended way to play.
I hate the companions, though. They aren't written well.
Valerie is a top-tier waifu

Mud'

Scholar

Is the TB mod good? Or it will make the game a chore to play it?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was surprised a TB mod was even possible. I thought once the game is on Unity, there would be no hope.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

FWIW, the TB mod has already been updated to work with 2.0. Not sure if this morning's hot patch sets it back. Same is true for the craft items and advanced martial arts mods.

Eldritch Arcana is the big mod I'm still waiting on an update for, but given that Elmindra stopped updating it months ago (someone else forked it and had an update for previous versions, but I don't know that they're still working on it either), it may be a long wait.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just bought this in the GOG sale. I got the DLC that adds a new class and companion, but I skipped the others. I might get the mini-campaign one someday but it was barely on sale and there's no rush since it doesn't incorporate itself into the main game. The other being a roguelike dungeon crawl holds zero interest for me. Any reason to change my mind?

Varnhold’s Lot does make some minor changes to the base game, the biggest one being access to all the DLC’s items in the main campaign, and it also has probably the best dungeon in the game (Lostlarn Keep), but the first half is a bit of a slog and the imported effects are all pretty cosmetic outside of items.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, there is Feral Wings Discovery for Alchemists and some Advanced Weapon Training feats for Fighters. And some useless metamagic Arcana for maguses 3x per day. But that and a few items - including the best Falcata in the game and some extra Profane stat items to squeeze those spell DCsto the max, is about it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
beaten water elemental with ice modifier in rngdangon who had almost 90 hp, /dr and seemed to prock Cone of Cold with his Cleave attacks... I guess? i was level 5 or so.
Had to replay level to save 2 casts of Summon Undead otherwise gg since reflex too high for 20 CHA sorc with Grease, immune to will effects, immune to stinkie and doesn't matter how high your AC since CoC gets u and most I could do is cast 10 frost dr. thanx god for for skellingtons and sorceress with 6 magic missiles.
it was like - roflstomp 5 levels
level 6: ggwp
will probably continue stomping now.
Pathfinder of Exile.

I met some monsters with boni like

+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor
+1 natural armor

the total armor wasn't high to lose to them but I feel like something might be off with Difficulty.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What mods are people using? Any that improve the trash fight grind?
Mostly Eldiritch Arcana and Advanced Martial Arts, I think. Those nicely expend the character building options.
Craft Magic Items can be nice, but also can break the game balance (if it had any).
Some may also use the turn based mod... or the Bag of Tricks.

And no, I don't think there are any that change the encounter design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom