Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Does this look like an insult to Bloodlines or no? I've intentionally avoided looking at it since its initial announcement.

All they've really demonstrated is it will "have clans" and that there will be vampires in it. They're supposed to show it off at E3 though, so then it should become pretty clear whether it's shit or not

Cael

Arcane
Does this look like an insult to Bloodlines or no? I've intentionally avoided looking at it since its initial announcement.

All they've really demonstrated is it will "have clans" and that there will be vampires in it. They're supposed to show it off at E3 though, so then it should become pretty clear whether it's shit or not
So, a game based on Blade, then?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Since when do Blade vampires have clans?

Cael

Arcane

Since when do Blade vampires have clans?
Watch the first one again. Each of the clans/families have their own symbol, even, and when Frost did the ritual, there was one of each clan getting wiped.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

honestly, a blade rpg wouldn't be a terrible idea

yyivof72d4331.jpg

Cael

Arcane

They will have to do a hell of a lot of world building to get a RPG based on Blade going. It was OK for a movie, but for a RPG, it was not even bare bones.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

They will have to do a hell of a lot of world building to get a RPG based on Blade going. It was OK for a movie, but for a RPG, it was not even bare bones.

There were comics, too, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_(comics)

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If those fags lacked the will to make different level design so they could include Nosferatus, you should know they also lack balls to make Malk a good clan.

They didn't have the will to make Malk a good clan in the first game either. Imagine if the ocean house had been a simple (and seemingly pointless) fetch quest for every other clan, with only malks encountering poltergeist activity. Nobody has the balls to spend that many resources on that kind of detail anymore (except maybe Blizzard, although they're going downhill too and they don't make more traditional rpgs).

Wesp5

Arcane
Imagine if the ocean house had been a simple (and seemingly pointless) fetch quest for every other clan, with only malks encountering poltergeist activity.

Ghosts are real in the WoD so why should their actions be limited to only one clan? I'd rather have Malks react differently in Grout's mansion, feeling that it was build by a similar mind...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Imagine if the ocean house had been a simple (and seemingly pointless) fetch quest for every other clan, with only malks encountering poltergeist activity.

Ghosts are real in the WoD so why should their actions be limited to only one clan?

To provide a unique experience. I know they're real in the WoD (duh) but that doesn't mean every scenario has to be the same for every clan (with just some small tweaks).

This would also help with replayability, because the ocean house is the second most tedious part in the game after you've seen it once.

Mikeal

Arcane
To provide a unique experience. I know they're real in the WoD (duh) but that doesn't mean every scenario has to be the same for every clan (with just some small tweaks).

This would also help with replayability, because the ocean house is the second most tedious part in the game after you've seen it once.
Actually it is possible to jump above this broken stairs and skip most of the level.

Vulpes

Scholar
Imagine if the ocean house had been a simple (and seemingly pointless) fetch quest for every other clan, with only malks encountering poltergeist activity
Wouldn't that suit more a clan that specialized in dealing with the dead like the Giovanni or Cappadocian?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Imagine if the ocean house had been a simple (and seemingly pointless) fetch quest for every other clan, with only malks encountering poltergeist activity
Wouldn't that suit more a clan that specialized in dealing with the dead like the Giovanni or Cappadocian?

Not based on their personalities. And having it show up only during a malk playthrough would make the player wonder if it's real or just their char's insanity. Lots of missed opportunities to fuck with the player.

Also, they're not playable clans, are cappadocians even still around during bloodlines?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Also, they're not playable clans, are cappadocians even still around during bloodlines?

Remnants. About 50 ancient Cappadocians broke out of the Underworld and joined the Sabbat as the Harbingers of Skulls. Samedi are likely an offshoot. Some old Giovanni (so called Premascines) are technically Cappadocians, having been Embraced before Augustus Giovanni diablerised Cappadocius.

Wesp5

Arcane
I know they're real in the WoD (duh) but that doesn't mean every scenario has to be the same for every clan (with just some small tweaks).

But this would destroy in-world logic for gameplay reasons, which I dislike. The ghost of the father doesn't wants to be exorcised, so he would try to stop any attempt to do so!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom