Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sòren

Arcane
I talked to them just fine.
you meet them and they are suprised to see you, you can lie to them that you are a shroom member so they send you to the shroom which then talks about bringing him to kraz. If you dont he tries to mindrape you which fails after you concentrate very hard, afterwards fighting ensues. If you dont lie to them fighting starts immediately. the only thing you cant do is harm the shroom afterwards, it just sits there and everyone is dead, except you. You also get a code for the shroom cult bnker from leopolds corpse or whatever his name was. I wanted to investigate the cult next the quest is still active

ok, i get it.

the code is the only thing you need and will get, even if you join the mushroom people. so i guess your work is done, even if it seems a bit strange.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Haha, got lucky in that hard named encounter in Dead City.
Instead of having the target standing in a center of snipers he started almost next to my party.
Killing him was enough to complete the quest, no head retrieval needed. Fast and efficient.

Thanks devs for adding a lot of stuff to do in Dead City, I used to skip a lot of Dead City content till now.

Woody - spoiler new content
Fuck that Woody climax ambush Ahahahah. Had to pull off a lot of cheesy bullshit to survive with whole party intact and win.

mY03sKT.jpg

Hint: You can open inventory at start of the round and feed everyone battle chems. Which is what really saved my party from being killed in turn 1.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can just go to the two bunkers and get the codes even if you haven't talked to the cult yet. The codes are what's important.

I haven't tried it yet but just to see if it's possible I want to make a new character, cheat all her skills and stats up with cheat engine, and head straight for the cult HQ in Krasno, skipping everything in between. With high enough lockpicking it should be possible to get through the door into the cult's basement.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a way to beat the Dead City playground encounter and the Mycelium bunker fight without resorting to Personality/Luck/etc.? Both engagements seem impossible, even with the best gear and fully buffed.

Saduj

Arcane
Is there a way to beat the Dead City playground encounter and the Mycelium bunker fight without resorting to Personality/Luck/etc.? Both engagements seem impossible, even with the best gear and fully buffed.

Didn’t do the playground fight but the bunker fight is definitely possible. Had to buff with DR and AP chems. Used dozens of healing chems. And using the hallways to shoot and get around corners was necessary. But my character survived. His companions all died within two rounds despite pre-buffing.

RK47

Patron

Open inventory at turn 1. You can apply combat drugs to both you and your companions. I had stockpiled those combat drugs for a while and had enough doses to apply it twice on me, Hex & Fidel. This gives them +2 AP and +40 MaxHP each. I hope you gave Fidel and yourself Cast Iron Shield.

Equip a super stim on your off hand and Vintorez on the other. Aimed shot the closest targets first. Ignore the pistol & SMG, your main concern is to snipe away the AK47s followed by Hunting Rifles. Use the 'enemy always shoots nearest target' logic to re-position your weakened party member so they can heal and not be focused too much. I sacrificed myself because with the drugs I had high DR&DT and 140 MaxHP.

Aimed shot (eyes) twice with Vintorez then reload/inject superstim as needed per turn. If they drop their weapon / blinded, aim for the next target.

Fidel's Gear: Stechkin Pistol + Cast Iron Shield on his back
Hex's Gear: R700 Sniper Rifle

7vuVL36.png

Cromwell

Arcane
You can just go to the two bunkers and get the codes even if you haven't talked to the cult yet. The codes are what's important.

I haven't tried it yet but just to see if it's possible I want to make a new character, cheat all her skills and stats up with cheat engine, and head straight for the cult HQ in Krasno, skipping everything in between. With high enough lockpicking it should be possible to get through the door into the cult's basement.

does the game send you to dead city storywise? I dont want to miss this because I finish the main quest beforehand by accident while going to the cult.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

does the game send you to dead city storywise? I dont want to miss this because I finish the main quest beforehand by accident while going to the cult.

Yes one of the two bunkers you should investigate is in the Dead City.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron

Didn’t do the playground fight but the bunker fight is definitely possible. Had to buff with DR and AP chems. Used dozens of healing chems. And using the hallways to shoot and get around corners was necessary. But my character survived. His companions all died within two rounds despite pre-buffing.

So my dear comrades that I equipped, fed, had laughs with and traveled all across the wastes with basically become just meatshields in the end. That might be the most Soviet part of the whole game.

I'll respec tomorrow and see what a Luck heavy character can do to those two encounters.

RK47

Patron

So my dear comrades that I equipped, fed, had laughs with and traveled all across the wastes with basically become just meatshields in the end. That might be the most Soviet part of the whole game.

I'll respec tomorrow and see what a Luck heavy character can do to those two encounters.

Why do you need to re-spec when you can just drink beer, vodka and other alcohol to get +8 luck? Drink 2 of the same type and it'll stack.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
I didn't know those stacked as well. So I can just drink my way to glorious victory (for the Motherland of course)!

RK47

Patron
Oh, man they buffed the Dead City ghouls. Just ended my survival run there.
50 HP with DT7 body armor wasn't enough.

Alright, second try was successful but the Dead City's MASSIVE GREEN FOG nearly killed me.

xd22d9E.jpg

RADX isn't enough. You have to have Rads removal since the fog reduces Rad Resistance.
Final stats:

huKnd9i.jpg

Last edited:
Unwanted

Ucti Ric

Unwanted
So, I've been playing for the last week, and the game is amazing. From the first dialog with a barkeeper I expected it to be a themepark filled with modern day russian memes (which it is), but the game has so much more! Even though it's filled with chuckle-inducing and very obvious popculture references, it still manages to create a mystical and dark atmospere (opposed to original fallouts pulpy sci-fi one). Strange and unexplainable encounters and creepy gossips on the edge between reality and grimdark slav folklore, that make you think if it's real or just superstition, are very well done.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
And I finished it. No long-winded review is necessary. This is the closest we've come to the original Fallouts since 1999. My only regret is that as a lowly Western spy I only got half the references.

We can only hope the developers stick around for the entertainment needs of the proletariat. Godspeed comrades!

flushfire

Augur
The loot placement in this game is total shit. Or rather nonexistent. Got inside an untouched but extremely irradiated military facility gated behind a ridiculously high skill check, guarded by not-deathclaws, thought to myself, there must be some OP shit here like the Bozar but no, it's just another lame easter egg at the end. Quest rewards aren't any better, I can count on 1 hand the quests that gave out items instead of money, and all of them are junk. Then there's the randomization + scaling of shops that just piles on frustration and feels like it was designed with savescumming in mind. I can never understand putting multiple RL luck-based mechanics in a single-player game, they're a pointless, unenjoyable waste of time.

ironmask

Arbiter
I have put 50 hours in this game and it is amazing. Despite being a fallout clone, it somehow manages to have a personality of it's own. The game has plenty of jokes and references that are really funny and doesn't make me cringe like fallout 2. Overall it's the best "fallout" game. Still disappointed that there was no snow.

Efe

Erudite
he doxxed infinitron in a deleted thread.
wow even tagged informative..
but was fake news :negative:, i betrayed you

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is there regional pricing for this game? I'm moving somewhere I think it will be significantly cheaper to buy.

Saduj

Arcane
Quest rewards aren't any better, I can count on 1 hand the quests that gave out items instead of money, and all of them are junk. Then there's the randomization + scaling of shops that just piles on frustration and feels like it was designed with savescumming in mind. I can never understand putting multiple RL luck-based mechanics in a single-player game, they're a pointless, unenjoyable waste of time.

Yeah I really didn't enjoy the shopping lottery. It takes much effort to sell off all your junk due to shop keepers not having money. Pretty disappointing to find the shops have nothing good after you've just spent a half hour plus visiting multiple vendors to gather up a decent amount of cash. I get the reasons it was set up that way but no getting around that it increases the amount of time you have to spend doing stuff that isn't fun. Really my only major gripe. And the selling part is mitigated somewhat when you get to the point where you realize that selling off everything to the cashed up armor vendor for quarter value isn't the end of the world.

There were a couple of high end weapons I found in dungeons. There just wasn't much ammo for them. They spent most of their time in the trunk of the car. I felt like I was unlucky with vendor inventories for most of the game and had a problem finding the better weapons for which there is ammo. The stuff you're going to use 95% of the time. I didn't have access to a regular AK-47 until right before the last three locations, for example. There were weapons my opponents had in the last two fights that I hadn't see in game before that.

RK47

Patron
Yep. I have raised this issue before.
Most of the fixed loot is in the possession of people, unfortunately.
People that you have to kill to get.
E.g:
Scoped SKS - very rare to see this in gun store - you have to either kill Sniper Ludmilla or one of the Stalker guards in Dead City
AKM - You can find this on one of the Krasno bunker guard. Have fun aggroing the whole town - unless you treat him to a lot of cigarettes.
Vintorez - Everyone encounters him in the Forest - if you don't kill him, you'll never see him again.

I also failed to encounter that truck caravan selling M16 in this run.
I propose the solution as thus:
Have an option to 'pre-order' something from the gun store.
e.g:
Pay 1000 rubles to ask for 'assault rifle inventory update' (M16, AKM, etc)
Wait 24 hours and the gun store will stock up assault rifles range.

At least give the player some way to improve the store inventory.
Same thing with the body armor store.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom