Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
Well he is going to need it, especially here.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
In an industry where misleading statements and non-representative marketing materials are more or less the norm, it says something about Larian's integrity that they are committing to the video updates so early. A good sign.

Yosharian

Arcane
I would consider NWN 1 OC "save the world" game. You stop a master lizard race, which previously held world dominion, from returning. You even meet a person from another dimension who's realm was conquered by them.
there are people who actually finished the NWN OC?
Only to see if I eventually got to fuck Aribeth de Tylmarande

I would consider NWN 1 OC "save the world" game. You stop a master lizard race, which previously held world dominion, from returning. You even meet a person from another dimension who's realm was conquered by them.
there are people who actually finished the NWN OC?

Painfully. My time was at less of a premium in my youth. Also, NWN 1 HotU was also a "save the world" game. Like Icewind Dale, that plot point doesn't develop until later--but you still stop Mephistopheles from taking residence on Faerun and conquering it with the Valsharess's underdark army.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
nearly ten minutes and still no idea how the game would actually play
The obvious conclusion is that it's going to be popamole of the highest order, but if they had showed gameplay yesterday the internet would be full of angry fans of the original games.
They need to let the hype build for a while before revealing that the game is essentially Assassin's Creed: Baldur's Gate.

PapaPetro

After seeing the Nautiloid, I'm getting a vibe that githyanki will play a part in the story. The CHARNAME will travel to the astral plane and will somehow get the Githyanki to counter the Illithid threat and work on a solution to ensure that both the gith and flayers fuck off from Toril afterwards.
The gith wouldn't want to be on Toril. It screws them up big time with the aging thing.

Srikwzo.jpg

Didn't stop them from breached Toril before in BG2 when they intercepted CHARNAME looking for their silver sword.
They probably will just handwave the astral plane time catch-up/dilation stuff away.

Mortmal

Arcane
Normal companies doing communication: Press release, trailers, conferences

Larian doing communication: *puts on armour*
Yes and the trailer is sure to make the buzz as well, it surprised everyone , everyone talk about it on every forums, good marketing strategy.

hexer

After seeing the Nautiloid, I'm getting a vibe that githyanki will play a part in the story. The CHARNAME will travel to the astral plane and will somehow get the Githyanki to counter the Illithid threat and work on a solution to ensure that both the gith and flayers fuck off from Toril afterwards.
The gith wouldn't want to be on Toril. It screws them up big time with the aging thing.

Srikwzo.jpg

Didn't stop them from breached Toril before in BG2 when they intercepted CHARNAME looking for their silver sword.
They probably will just handwave the astral plane time catch-up/dilation stuff away.

I'm pretty sure they have a spell to deal with that.
I'll double-check later today in my Planescape library

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So Witcher 3: Baldur's Gate edition. You *know* WotC told them to make it "like that witch game". Clearing nests of mindflayers strewn about the city, collecting mindflayer spunk to win a prize, collect 8 mindflayer tentacles quests, Witcher Bhaalspawn vision, etc.
No, it will be Half Life: Baldur's Gate edition. Wait, no, Forza: Baldur's Gate edition. Dang, more like, Hidden & Dangerous: Baldur's Gate edition. What? From all the info we have, it could be any of them.

Cael

Arcane

Srikwzo.jpg

They sent in the youngsters, which was why you were slaughtering them so easily. The really old ones like Zeeaire don't leave the Astral, which was why when you forced her into the Material, she was severely weakened and was in deep doo-doo.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, it will be Half Life: Baldur's Gate edition. Wait, no, Forza: Baldur's Gate edition. Dang, more like, Hidden & Dangerous: Baldur's Gate edition. What? From all the info we have, it could be any of them.
No, it really can't be. It's either going to be Dragon Age: Baldur's Gate or Witcher 3: Baldur's Gate. It's not like we don't have the recent history of gaming to predict these things. AAA production = it's not isometric; party-based = more than likely third person; "we are trying to modernize this series" = action combat alla DA2+ or Witcher; "RPG" = not a genre that anyone can confuse for an RPG.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AAA production = it's not isometric; party-based = more than likely third person; "we are trying to modernize this series" = action combat
It *could* be that, but since Larian really haven't fucked us over yet, the bare minimum is that I give them the benefit of the doubt until they reveal this.

I don't think you can do party based combat in third person, so I think it is out of the book. It will be a top down, isometric-ish game, like DOS1-2, just prettier. AAA doesn't automatically equal 3rd person action game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom