Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

ADL

Prophet
I always love DRM-free efforts but the only one from Bethesda I particularly care about is Fallout 3, which still includes GFWL to this day because the lazy fuckers never bothered to patch it out. I guess it's easier to pin a thread on the Steam Community board on how to crack it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
At least with Fallout 3 you could make an offline profile and then ignore GFWL entirely. Games like Fable 3 required an actual online activation through GFWL that was never patched out, so you literally can't legally play it now as far as I know, and it was removed from sale. I guess they don't think removing that and selling it again is worth their time.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And of course Fable 2 was never on PC. Eh... steam /gog might acquire access to distribute if its profitable for the companies. I've played a bit of the first one. Pretty cheesy fun and nothing i'd ever take seriously. Hell, i didn't evrn bother finishing it as i got bored.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And of course Fable 2 was never on PC. Eh... steam /gog might acquire access to distribute if its profitable for the companies. I've played a bit of the first one. Pretty cheesy fun and nothing i'd ever take seriously. Hell, i didn't evrn bother finishing it as i got bored.

With whatshisname Microsoft guy saying they were going to bring everything to Steam and Halo as a series coming to PC finally it wouldn't surprise me if we see quick ports of the missing Gears and Fable games. It also wouldn't surprise me if we don't though, so... who knows. Maybe they have a little PC block during their Saturday conference and announce something.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Got the Close Combat series (2-5) on sale just now. This is a series of games I've always wanted to try ever since seeing a review of CC1 or possibly CC2 when I was a young man browsing my girlfriend's father's library of CGW issues.

CC1 is provided as a bonus game if you buy CC2, because GOG couldn't get it to work reliably in Win 10. So far, it seems to work fine (knock on wood), though I only went through the first tutorial and started a campaign to test.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I know... Fargo will take over Microsoft (or Bill is just fibbing). These enhanced editions, anniversary editions, and whatever GOLD! Platinmum etc are popping up a lot. Some suck pretty back and some seem to get ok reviews. Why isn't it games that are soooo damn old that never get a facelift or remake (ie. many old SSI rpg games). Or maybe they really sucked too bad to be remade and those rose-nostalgia tinted glasses just make me blind to the facts. I still have hopes for some updated Shard of Spring/Demon's Winter, Phantasie Series, Wizard's Crown/Eternal Dagger, etc. Hell, why not the old Dunjonquest? Hell, just compile a list based on what the CRPG addict has played and finished. There are a lot I haven't heard of.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
Some cheap games:

Challenge of the Five Realms $1.49
Syndicate Wars $1.49
Reah: Face the Unknown $1.59
Schizm: Mysterious Journey $1.59
Privateer 2: The Darkening $1.49
Wing Commander 5: Prophecy Gold Edition $1.49
Imperium Galactica $1.49
Warrior Kings $1.19

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
Second batch:

Airline Tycoon Deluxe $1.99
Catacombs Pack $1.99
Capitalism Plus $1.19
Crime Cities $1.99
D&D Stronghold: Kingdom Simulator $1.99
Delta Force $1.49
Hidden & Dangerous Action Pack $1.99
Pizza Connection $1.99
X-Com: UFO Defense $1.49

McPlusle

Savant
I just realized that I've ignored point-and-click adventure games pretty much all my life and there's a GOG sale going on right now. What are some that are good and/or not going to make me feel like a tard?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
gk-1.png

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I just realized that I've ignored point-and-click adventure games pretty much all my life and there's a GOG sale going on right now. What are some that are good and/or not going to make me feel like a tard?

Anything Sierra or Lucasarts from the 90s, honestly. My personal faves would be Sam & Max, Monkey Island 1-3, Day of the Tentacle and Space Quest 4, but there's lots of other good ones. Only thing I'd advise is staying away from the early text input ones. Some of them are good, but not for a newb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom