Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Farewell into the night

Why they didn't show the gameplay? What are they hiding?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow that video was totally awesome! Very funny and let's you know that the humor in this game will be so fierce! Larian SLAYS! This will probably being the best Baldur's Gate game ever, sis!

You forgot to switch accounts.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Careful man, we might end up losing you.
Wogb91G.png

Well obviously it would be modernized and adapted for casual audiences... what the fuck else would they do? Nobody could have honestly believed it would be like an IE game... right? I'm not saying that this is good or bad, it's merely a statement of fact. It was legitimately impossible for it not to be modernized. They have the business sense to try to make this game for everyone to play, not just BG fans. Statement of fact.
why is it just totally acceptable that every few years people are just dumber and dumber and that we should just always just accept this as some sort of inevitable evolution?

That any type or rules or dice or anything is like lol!!.... of course you would never have rules or dice in a game! are you kidding? A game? Everyone knows you you can't expect people to put up with having to deal with boundaries or rules in a game!! come on man, what is this, 2014?

Mortmal

Arcane
well when you start to say you dont like the hit chance and you are going to change that , it doesnt bode well. it certainly does not mean roll a D20 and add modifier, certainly does not mean faith ful to pnp anymore....I am starting to think we may see something like dragon dogma at best.

I think there is a chance Larian will try to introduce some sort of DM, or tabletop multiplayer mode, how I don't know. I expect the game to suck, but its my one possible hold out for any type of hope about the game having some sort of potential for yes..mods..

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Because fucking E3 is happening in 2 days and you have to time you marketing right. Teaser trailer first, then interviews, then gameplay. They announced the game yesterday FFS! Are they supposed to show everything in the first day? What gaming company in the history of gaming did ever do this?

User0001

Savant

Paraphrasing/copying/dictate from the video above:
Vincke: What are the demands from WotC for Lairian/Vincke to make Baldurs Gate 3?

WotC: Got to be:
  • True to D&D lore
  • Choices have to feel like they are real. No fake choices.
Vincke: Okey, "Player agency" ;)

Then some verbal nothing WotC: It also gots to be the bestest shiniest most creative game EVVAH!

Later:
WotC: *Something uninteresting about the process of imploding into a squid*
Later later:
Vincke: We love WotC and they live us!! *Single player, co-op play and some fluff-talk*

Why are both WotC and Larian painfully avoiding talking about the combat system? True to D&D lore is an obvious avoidance of (what should be) TRUE TO D&D RULES.
Very strange...

Also, the whole thing with Vincke stealing a WotC employee to symbolize WotC's aprovement, is more like Swen taking WotC hostage with the promise of lotz of exztra loot for them if they agree to his terms.
Vincke really duped them to think WotC would look tough and strong against Vincke with their baby.. but NO, that's not the way these WotC fools are presented in the video.

They are :shittydog:ies

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I have no problem with the game itself, i am unironically 100% down to poping some moles and enjoying some retarded jokes in Divinity: Ego Illithidis. But completely unnecessary franchise necromancy bugs me. Why use Baldur's Gate name for a game that has almost nothing in common with it? People today barely even remember BG, why not make Vox Machina the Official Video Game instead?

And it's not even about rtwp and perspective for me. What i always loved about Infinity Engine games is how they elevated mediocre source material with excellent art direction. Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale were my first and for a long time only exposure to Forgotten Realms, and for years afterwards i was puzzled by people disliking FR because how awesome it felt in those games. Yeah, later i read the source books and understood why it's shit, but Infinity Engine games made it look like an amazing setting. It just pains to me to imagine locations from Baldur's Gate remade in cheesy and generic wow-style art direction of Larian.

Codex Year of the Donut
Why Stadia, they didn't need the money from Google, so WHY
because stadia means it will get a gnu/linux release or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Paraphrasing/copying/dictate from the video above:
Vincke: What are the demands from WotC for Lairian/Vincke to make Baldurs Gate 3?

WotC: Got to be:
  • True to D&D lore
  • Choices have to feel like they are real. No fake choices.
Vincke: Okey, "Player agency" ;)

Then some verbal nothing WotC: It also gots to be the bestest shiniest most creative game EVVAH!

Later:
WotC: *Something uninteresting about the process of imploding into a squid*
Later later:
Vincke: We love WotC and they live us!! *Single player, co-op play and some fluff-talk*

Why are both WotC and Larian painfully avoiding talking about the combat system? True to D&D lore is an obvious avoidance of (what should be) TRUE TO D&D RULES.
Very strange...

Also, the whole thing with Vincke stealing a WotC employee to symbolize WotC's aprovement, is more like Swen taking WotC hostage with the promise of lotz of exztra loot for them if they agree to his terms.
Vincke really duped them to think WotC would look tough and strong against Vincke with their baby.. but NO, that's not the way these WotC fools are presented in the video.

They are :shittydog:ies

Thanks for suffering through that for us. I wonder if WotC are happy to be paying him to be dressing up in plate armor at work.

Melcar

Arcane
because stadia means it will get a gnu/linux release or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

That's not necessarily true. Nothing is preventing Google from leveraging DXVK or something similar. Valve has already shown it to be viable.

John Keel

Savant
why not
I didnt read too much into Stadia, but AFAICS it's basically a retarded deported client aka We go back to the 80's.

Sven shilling for google and this 'magnificient democratic system' (wtf?) is not a good sign imo, I may be misguided but the trade off is Advertising/Storefront/off-loaded computation vs Adapted back-end/architecture of the product.

It basically boils down to:
If Sven is a massive sellout-bitch (And I'm positive he is), the stand-alone client will be an unoptimized mess/poor experience.

'Member all the games turned to shit due to console 1st class citizen?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ARPG?
Poor writting ?
3rd person view ?

You know what you should really be afraid of ?

BG III E-Sport

I hope they do make it 3rd person action (with a party) like Dragon Age 2. They can't make an IE-like so that's out of the question, so I'm willing to sacrifice a IE abortion in exchange for a fuck you to retarded turn based neanderthals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom