Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I just noticed that Destiny 2 is coming to Steam,I guess it should have been expected,Bungie left Activision so they are moving away from Battle.net and going back to Gaben's plentiful bosom

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Sneaky Bethesda sale that doesn't seem to be advertised for some reason, FYI. 50% off pretty much everything except really cheap and old stuff. Got some DLC.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cool looking cyberpunk JRPG:

ss_f317275667037347d6d14b5ae7ad41777dc9ddb4.600x338.jpg

Demo here: https://soromantic.itch.io/jack-move

SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is released on Steam:

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection is the ultimate collection of classic arcade games from SNK's golden age with 24 different nostalgic titles back from the 1980s (Alpha Mission, Athena, Crystalis, Ikari Warriors, Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road, Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue, Guerrilla War, P.O.W., Prehistoric Isle, Psycho Soldier, Street Smart, TNK III, Vanguard, Chopper I, Fantasy, Munch Mobile, SASUKE vs COMMANDER, Time Soldiers, Beast Busters, Bermuda Triangle, OZMA WARS, PADDLE MANIA, S.A.R., World Wars), and many bells and whistles such as rewind and watch mode features for the best game experience on Steam!!

Key Features:
The Arcade Comes Home! - Save those quarters! Play both arcade and console versions and continuously challenge for another personal best! Choose from over twenty titles and experience an intense blast from the past!

Modern Meets Retro! - The convenience and improvements of modern gaming are all in the collection! Rewind and save at any time while you’re playing, enjoy updated graphics at 4K resolution, and experience redesigned control schemes for a modern feel!

Enter the SNK Museum - An extensive history of SNK and its games await in the Museum Mode. Explore the legacy of one of Japan’s leading developers with high definition artwork and never before seen promotional assets!

This thing breaks Steam widget:

ss_4b48f6a5418646c1de77f2bdd3ec266f00458177.600x338.jpg
ss_c67cc377e209bd4f8a1cae0935c2b5f57cd88bdd.600x338.jpg

Our team has reconstructed the atmosphere of the classic 2D turn-based strategy, so long ago attracting fans of such masterpieces as Heroes of Might and Magic and Disciples. We made the game with instinctively clear interface and original graphics, and modern mechanics allowed to fill the project with an unforgettable spirit of MMO-games with all the fullness social interaction. You will be offered clan wars and conquests of castles, campaigns on RAID- bosses and battle arenas. And only a violent confrontation will decide whose clan is worthy to own lands Between Worlds. We also added a number of classic RPG-mechanics to the game, providing players the opportunity to compete, to teach, to wear, to pierce, both its character and the whole army . Hiking in the vast land, does not seem an easy walk, only the right choice of strategy and well-developed tactics will help to achieve this goal.

Ich Will:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Starmancer, a space station sim where you are an A.I. and farming humans, published by Chucklefish.

ss_dc3e667b221841192e775f71a98481d278dfc2a6.600x338.jpg
ss_647ab69241a03ee0b81e2534c785907efeb793aa.600x338.jpg

Description_Header_Starmancer.gif

After a catastrophe on Earth, humanity launches the Starmancer Initiative in a desperate attempt to seek refuge among the stars. Millions of refugees uploaded their consciousness into your memory banks--entrusting their minds and the future of the human race to an Artificial Intelligence, a Starmancer. To you.

Your task as a Starmancer is to construct and manage a space station capable of sustaining human life, regrow bodies for the thousands of minds trapped in your memory banks, and to defend your station at any cost. Let's just hope your governing protocols weren't damaged during the flight.

Starmancer offers gameplay with consequences, a living sandbox environment, crafting, and managing the daily lives of colonists.

Create a utopian society where everyone is well fed, happy, and safe. Or go rogue and figure out how many times a colonist can eat wheat before they go crazy. Play however you want.

Description_Header_Build.gif

• Sustain Life - Colonists have needs, like hunger and thirst. Build farms and grow crops for food. Place heaters to prevent hypothermia. Construct med bays and assign doctors to treat wounds, cure diseases, and replace limbs.
  • Express Yourself - Customize your station with 18 unique wall types, 12 different floors, and over 50 distinct objects. Paint objects with 8 different color choices. Place cheerful paintings to remind the colonists how friendly and relatable you are, and motivational posters to let them know how much you value their productivity. Design fancy kitchens, luxurious bedrooms, and industrial docking bays.
  • Power, Water, and Atmosphere - Provide power by connecting machines with wires. Prepare against blackouts by creating separate or redundant grids for your vital machines. Use pipes and water recyclers to convert dirty farm water into clean, drinkable water. Establish separate atmospheres with the help of vents and air ducts.

Description_Header_Colonists.gif

• Grow Humans - Colonists are grown in bio-tanks and assigned a consciousness from Earth. Create stations full of clones. Regrow your favorite colonists. Upload a mind into the wrong body, and observe the effects of sleeve sickness--for science.
  • Jobs - Assign roles like farmer, doctor, miner, and security guard. Watch as your rookie chef acquires experience and becomes a seasoned pro, unlocking tastier and more exotic recipes.
  • Unique Colonists - With randomized hair color and style, eye color, and skin color, there are over 8000 visual variations of colonist. These variations go beyond aesthetics, too. Some colonists prefer studying in their room, while others like to drink and socialize in the bar. Every game is different--your station and colonists will be unique to you.
  • Memories and Rumors - Colonists remember the good (and bad) things that happen to them. These memories are shared, during conversation, and spread throughout the station like wildfire. Leave no witnesses.
  • Personal Relationships - Colonists get extra sad when something bad happens to a friend, but they love to watch an enemy suffer. If you jettison a popular colonist you might have a mutiny on your hands.

Description_Header_Starmap.gif

• Procedural World - The solar system is dynamically generated each playthrough with planets, moons, asteroids, stations, and other factions. Want a challenging game? Place your station near a lawless, pirate region. Or take it easy by placing your station near a friendly faction. Play your way.
  • Diplomacy - Interact with your neighbors, forming stable alliances or vengeful enemies.
  • Explore - Earn respect and unlock new technologies by performing missions for other factions, responding to distress calls, trading, exploring and raiding.

Description_Header_Consequences.gif

Be ready to face the consequences, should you fail in your duties as a Starmancer.
  • Invasion - Your colony can be invaded by pirates and enemy factions. Build traps, train soldiers, and form alliances. Keep your station secure.
  • Insanity - A colonist can only witness so many friends being sucked out of air locks before they snap. No one knows what motivates a crazy colonist; they're simultaneously responsible for the greatest technological innovations and messiest homicidal rampages. This is why doors have locks. It's also why you can depressurize a single room--a great way to enforce bed time.
  • Mutiny - Unhappy colonists will stop working. You can cheer them up with motivational posters, tasty treats, and nicer rooms. Be careful, though, when morale gets too low, colonists will actively rebel and attempt to destroy your core. Make an example out of rebels and stamp out any hint of resistance.
Key Features
  • Build a space station, with tons of customization.
  • Manage the lives of colonists aboard your station.
  • Interact with a dynamically generated solar system and its inhabitants.
  • Take on missions and be rewarded with loot.
  • Face the consequences of your actions.
  • Modding support.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you really wanna go after Chucklefish, take a good, hard look at Fez.

Then voice your concerns.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Chuckle-fuck milked a ton of money from the abomination that is Starbound and, instead of putting it into development, bought a bunch of fancy offices and equipment and started 'publishing' more crappy hipster-indie cash-grabs.

Solid Snail

Learned
Did anyone play Pyre here? Is it good? I read it's 10 hours long, I did the Origin Access seven days trial and I wonder if I can beat this in a couple of days, considering I only have two days off work between this week and the next one.

Modron

Arcane
Did anyone play Pyre here? Is it good? I read it's 10 hours long, I did the Origin Access seven days trial and I wonder if I can beat this in a couple of days, considering I only have two days off work between this week and the next one.
I quit 10 minutes into the game after what I was led to believe was an rpg-lite turned into a boring sportsball game.

Solid Snail

Learned
I quit 10 minutes into the game after what I was led to believe was an rpg-lite turned into a boring sportsball game.
Really? I won't even bother than. I also read the game turns quite difficult easy on, with AI acting way too fast compared on how you should react even on easy.

Kaethar

Educated
Played it with Origin Access as well, it took me 10 hours. It's pretty much Supergiant playing to their strengths and just making a visual novel with a multi-sport inspired mini game in between. It plays with the cool concept that you never really get a game over even if you lose every match, just the ending changes. The game only turns difficult if you activate idols (they buff enemies, but give you more experience for fighting them).
Anyway hope you're not expecting an RPG lol. I'd only recommend it if you've played the other Supergiant games and like their pretentious style of games.

Curratum

Battalion 1944 is on 20% discount for another few days. I bought it on a whim yesterday, almost ready to refund, but it turned out to be JUST the shooter I've been itching to play for a decade.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/489940/

Imagine uh... A mix between CoD 2 and World at War, let's say. Movement is fast, aiming down sights is a blitz, sniper scopes included, there is just the right amount of recoil to make it fun without being one of those dumb "reelizm" shooters. Maps are your classic WW2 fare - nothing you haven't already seen in old CODs, but they're done fairly well.

You get an arcade playlist that is a mix of randomly chosen TDM, DOM and CTF with 5 sec respawn timers. It's mad fun. In addition to that you get the CS-like competitive playlist where it's 5v5 no respawn with objectives. Still haven't tried that but the engine feels good enough to support that well.

Solid Snail

Learned
Played it with Origin Access as well, it took me 10 hours. It's pretty much Supergiant playing to their strengths and just making a visual novel with a multi-sport inspired mini game in between. It plays with the cool concept that you never really get a game over even if you lose every match, just the ending changes. The game only turns difficult if you activate idols (they buff enemies, but give you more experience for fighting them).
Anyway hope you're not expecting an RPG lol. I'd only recommend it if you've played the other Supergiant games and like their pretentious style of games.
I liked Bastion, liked Transistor much less...but anyway any plan to play this went to the fuck you zone because today i needed to cover a shift, need to work for 4 days now so my weekly trial will be over by then.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_0294e8a42de299b7b093a6a500db7589858f11d0.600x338.jpg
ss_8ea3b3c75a1484a3b549b054f4ef3f3ba34d947e.600x338.jpg

ss_4563c8a3945d0a42de192ff4888eaec539287d22.600x338.jpg
ss_0cc3fcc9903e8a2898579303f146f00ac1524a8f.600x338.jpg

• ROGAN : The Thief in the Castle is a VR adventure game
• Players experience the thrilling life of a thief who has sneaked into a medieval castle full of guards.
• It will require cunningness to survive in the castle. Use everything at the thief’s disposal: pickpocketing and stealing, hiding, creating distractions, and setting ambushes to make your way through.
• Make sure to turn the volume up. It’s a unique adventure game where you need to pay attention to approaching footsteps, nearby conversations, and the sounds of doors closing to assess the situation and make a proper decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom